I need some advice on a chapter.

Anacybele

If Rath isn't trained, don't sweat it and don't force yourself to bring him. However, I would honestly swap out Wil and bring in Pent for this map. Pent is more versatile and this map really favours a strong staff user to light up the halls using Torch. You should check your inventory for the torch staff, which was dropped on Uhai's map. Ninian + the torch staff user will make this map a LOT easier because you'll be able to see enemies as you advance without putting your thief in a disadvantageous position.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your Ninian is horribly underleveled and was never used, you're better off not bringing her though. She should be at least level 7-9 to be able to dodge and tank mages reliably.

http://www.fireemble...itulo26efe7.htm

You can see the range of her Bolting there. If you're gonna have anyone move her in range, just make sure the sum of this unit's HP and RES is 31+. Bring Pure Water, Physic, Elixir, Barrier Staff.

Decent combat units should take Jaffar's side and you should have a mobile unit take Eliwood/Lyn to Nino to recruit her. After that, just get Nino over to Jaffar with a mobile unit.

Edited by Sirius

This is a pretty tricky chapter! XP Um... what I did was just sent some people to the west and tried to get down to him as quick as possible. I didn't worry too much about the treasure, because the thieves have stupid AI and didn't run straight for the exit after nabbing the treasure (although I was in hard mode so.... I don't remember if there are even thieves in normal...) but yeah... XD Just avoid Ursula altogether... As long as you don't stand below the treasure room on the left, she shouldn't be able to hit you.

Jaffar.gifNino.gif Then just bring Jaffar up through the top corridor. Honestly, the part that gave me the most trouble was Zephiel getting unlucky! XD Thank goodness one of those treasures was a Rescue staff.... Anyways, just keep trying! :) you'll get it eventually! :D

- figure out what you need to do

- figure out how you're going to do it

Of course. All she needs to do is kill the enemies by moving units next to them and selecting "attack", make Nino talk to Jaffar by moving her next to him and selecting "talk", pass 15 turns by ending the PP 15 times, don't let anyone die by ensuring that (attack - defense) is never > remaining HP, and optionally get treasures by moving a thief or unit with a Chest Key onto a chest and selecting "open".

It's so simple :\

Okay, I'll give my team. I can't give all their levels though, because I don't know them all off the top of my head and I don't have the game turned on at the moment.

Besides Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn (who is a lv. 2 Blade Lord while the other two are unpromoted):

Sain (lv. 5 Paladin)

Kent (lv. 3 Paladin, I think. I know he's a Paladin)

Marcus (lv. 4 Paladin. Haven't used him much so I can train up other units)

Isadora (lv. 2 Paladin. See Marcus)

Lowen (lv. 18 Cavalier, I believe. I don't have anymore Knight's Crests though)

Harken

Fiora (lv. 14 or something Peg knight. Don't have the item required to promote her though)

Wil (lv. 19 Archer. I do have two Orion's Bolts, and I want to promote him)

Hawkeye

Raven (I like Mercenaries and Heroes better than Myrmidons and Swordmasters)

Dart

Priscilla

I believe that's everyone.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope.

I hate how units don't promote automatically in this game like in PoR and RD. It wasn't so difficult to get a bunch of promoted units because of it. My two Orion's Bolts and one Hero Crest are the only promotion items I have right now. -_-

I'd promote Wil and Rath, if he's at level 10. If you happen to have an Earth Seal, promote Lowen.

Send Marcus, Isadora, Lowen and Priscilla west. If they die, or can't reach Jaffar quickly enough, send Sain and Kent as well. The rest of your army, plus Pent and Rath (replace whoever's the weakest out of Wil/Raven/Dart with them) to the east, to protect Nino and support Zephiel. After the west is clear, grab Jaffar and head to the corridor behind Zephiel (or towards Zephiel if that area is clear). Whichever route you take Jaffar, send Nino towards it (but obviously keep her out of danger). If you can, head to the SE corner and kill the bishop; he will drop a promotion item for Fiora.

Edited by Baldrick

I hate how units don't promote automatically in this game like in PoR and RD. It wasn't so difficult to get a bunch of promoted units because of it. My two Orion's Bolts and one Hero Crest are the only promotion items I have right now. -_-

There's a secret shop coming up in a few chapters if you want anymore promotional items.

That's good to know. I probably don't have enough gold to buy them, but I do have a bunch of gems I could sell that I had forgotten about.

Also, doesn't Lowen promote with a Knight's Crest? That's what I used on Sain and Kent.

Thanks though, you guys.

Of course. All she needs to do is kill the enemies by moving units next to them and selecting "attack", make Nino talk to Jaffar by moving her next to him and selecting "talk", pass 15 turns by ending the PP 15 times, don't let anyone die by ensuring that (attack - defense) is never > remaining HP, and optionally get treasures by moving a thief or unit with a Chest Key onto a chest and selecting "open".

It's so simple :\

people don't get better at this game by being told what to do

Sell all the gems, they just take up space, and use Pent, he is amazing. Baldrick's stategy should work, although I would probably have one of the mounts ferry either hero or Hawkeye if anyone has enough aid, he has good res and anyone should be able to double Ursula if she has a bolting equipped, and give Pricilla the barrier staff that you should have gotten from recruiting Legault, this will allow you to boost units before charging Ursula. If you have problems keeping Zephiel alive, I would recommend having Pent use the rescue staff on him after you get it from the farthest east chest I think.

people don't get better at this game by being told what to do

Those who are smart enough to apply the advice, find the principle behind it, and apply it to other aspects of the game will get better. This also applies to real life as well.

Edited by HongLei

About Fiora, did you not get the Elysian Whip in New Resolve? (there also might be one that an enemy drops in the chapter youre on now. Ugh Eliwood Mode memory fail. Its there in Hector mode... Site says there is one there in Eliwood mode.)

Who did you use the Earth Seal on (in Four Fanged Offense) if you did use it?

I don't think I ever got an Earth Seal. Elysian Whip sounds familiar though, I might actually have one. Of course, I could be thinking of FE8 instead. Who knows.

I just got to this chapter also......

Jaffar keeps getting pwned in 2 turns, an enemy paladin moves 2 squares away from him on turn 1 and an archer/sniper moves diagonal to him also, then he moves to attack the sniper and puts himself in bolting rang, a hit from the paladin on turn 2 and the bolt finishes him off, ive tried 3 times now and havent even made it to turn 3....

EDIT: Just got him past turn 2 and the bunch of enemies on the west side killed him, they all were getting hits on ~40% chances.....

Edited by Gamesmaster1965

But the rescue staff is found on this chapter, and I'm not entirely sure you have the range to reach Jaffar seeing as the staff is next to the Delphi Shield chest. You might as well just run down and rescue Jaffar in the same amount of time it takes to get the staff.