Best trip ever

ZemZem

So my family and I had to drive all the way from Missouri to California to drop my sister off at college, and by the time we got to California, the engine of the car blew out in the middle of the Mojave Desert. So, we got help from an ex-police officer and two FedEx employees to get the dying car and us to Needles. We spent the night at some inn, and my parents got a ride to a car rental shop in the morning.

So, we got my sister to college, but she missed all the festivities since we spent a long time stuck in Needles. She still settled in well, and she will be missed. After we dropped her off, we spent the night at my dad's friend's house, which was really nice even though it was in a pretty dangerous neighborhood.

The next morning, we had to get ANOTHER car so we could drop off the rental. Everything went well, and we started going back home. Buuuuuut...the back tire of the new car popped in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico. I had to help my dad replace the tire, getting repeatedly warned to watch out for incoming vehicles. >_<

And now, we're back on the road, and have to get yet another rental in Amarillo, Texas. Whoop.

Oh yeah, and on the way back, we saw a family on the side of the road dealing with the same crap we had in the same desert. The mom was waving a help sign. :(

That's sad to see. :(

Remind me not to go near that Desert.

Edited by Richter Abend

Heehee that sounds like some horrible luck x3

But it sounds like one of those things where when you look back on it it just sounds like fun and something you can laugh with your family about ^~^

But wow that's a pretty long trip for dropping somebody off at college =o But of course if me or my brother went to a college that far away we would have to drive because I guess we just couldn't afford a plane ride at all XD I guess... that's why we only go to a college in our state x3

You gave up driving after two rental lemons? Lul

Lemons? I could go for a lemonade...

Heehee that sounds like some horrible luck x3

But it sounds like one of those things where when you look back on it it just sounds like fun and something you can laugh with your family about ^~^

But wow that's a pretty long trip for dropping somebody off at college =o But of course if me or my brother went to a college that far away we would have to drive because I guess we just couldn't afford a plane ride at all XD I guess... that's why we only go to a college in our state x3

Haha, I suggested we take a plane, but when you have a big family like mine, that's really expensive. :P What matters is that everyone in my family is safe. :lol:

EDIT: Whats the movie called they go to California for Disney world and the grandma dies?

Amarillo? Stop by and say hey!

rough trip man :(

Do you like living up there in north texas? I've driven through and it's been hot as hell, and another time there was tennis ball sized hail.

I didn't go through Kansas.

My family has had similar problems in Kansas. Terrible place.

Edited by Fenrir

EDIT: Whats the movie called they go to California for Disney world and the grandma dies?

All i can think of is little miss sunshine and they were going to a child beauty peagent (or something similar) and the grandpa died.

You were in the middle of nowhere :<

I didn't see a strange farm, though. I sorry. :(

My family has had similar problems in Kansas. Terrible place.

My family and I went to Kansas to give a car back to a relative, and we were stuck in a traffic jam for about three hours. The heat didn't help any.

why didn't your sister fly

...That's what I want to figure out now. :/

I've passed by Needles (well, a sign telling us about Needles, at least) when I get driven from home to grad school. Suffice to say, I don't think we've had such bad luck during the trip. :/ Not a good first impression, huh? XD