Board Game Online

Jedi

Because Boron always has the stupid ideas ...

So, I'm trying to organize a massive BG event with SF people who play this game. If this succeeds, we'll hold one every once in a while. It won't be on a weekly basis because sometimes life sucks, but I'll always have them on Saturday or Sunday my time. (I currently go by Pacific Standard Time, although this will soon change.) Pretty much, it'll be a combination of as many BG players as we can get all playing one game and it'll be insane. I estimate that they'll probably eat up 2-3 hours of your day, so just a heads-up.

We tried this before, under the name 'Folgore Rangers BoardGame Tournament", but we had attack of the lag and people leaving. But I'd still call it a success. If this works, then I'll call it the "Semi-Weekly BoardGame Tournament Challenge" and hold it as often as I can.

If you're interested in this and know you'll probably be able to join in, quote this post so I can figure out time zones and what time would be the best to hold these things.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm trying to organize a massive BG event with SF people who play this game. If this succeeds, we'll hold one every once in a while. It won't be on a weekly basis because sometimes life sucks, but I'll always have them on Saturday or Sunday my time. (I currently go by Pacific Standard Time, although this will soon change.) Pretty much, it'll be a combination of as many BG players as we can get all playing one game and it'll be insane. I estimate that they'll probably eat up 2-3 hours of your day, so just a heads-up.

We tried this before, under the name 'Folgore Rangers BoardGame Tournament", but we had attack of the lag and people leaving. But I'd still call it a success. If this works, then I'll call it the "Semi-Weekly BoardGame Tournament Challenge" and hold it as often as I can.

If you're interested in this and know you'll probably be able to join in, quote this post so I can figure out time zones and what time would be the best to hold these things.

OK, I'm interested.

why ofc

I'M TOTALLY IN, SEOY SAUCE.

Can't believe I've missed the first few already. I need to check out the IP Chat more often. :U

Edited by Esme

I'M TOTALLY IN, SEOY SAUCE.

Me too. Sounds wonderful.

We should try to work out the specifics (ie, length, game type, early reinforcements, etc) before we start so that we're not spending 6 hours or so playing BG.

Me too. Sounds wonderful.

We should try to work out the specifics (ie, length, game type, early reinforcements, etc) before we start so that we're not spending 6 hours or so playing BG.

Agreed. I'm hoping to hold these things on Saturday (my time zone) because a couple BG players live on the opposite side of the world as me, so my Sunday afternoon is their Monday morning. But I'm hoping to do one tomorrow afternoon.

The games would be between 200-250 squares, leaning towards 200 because of the sheer number of people I'm trying to get in this. If even a 200 game proves too long, then I'll cut future games down to 150-175. I'd assume that all games (if I'm the one starting them) will allow for instant classes, expert mode, 25 starting gold, early reinforcements, and 15-20 seconds wait time.

Also, important note: DO NOT KICK ANYONE FROM THE GAME UNLESS THEY ARE PERMANENTLY LAGGING. I didn't think I'd have to say this, but we had someone in a recent game get a little too kick-happy. If you lose internet during the game for whatever reason, if you can get back as an observer let us know if you have to be kicked. Also, if you're lagging for 3+ consecutive turns (yellow exclamation point sign next to your name), then we might kick you depending on the consensus of the other players.

If the majority of participants during a certain BG session want teams and if we have a divisible number of players, I'll make the option for teams as well.

Try your saturday morning then!

pointless quote is pointless

but yeah i'll do it

The quotes are mostly so that I can determine what time zone everyone is in, although if you haven't updated your time zone or it's inaccurate it won't help me much.

Results for "The First SF BoardGame Tournament"

Participants: Boron, Imp, Kay, Jedi, Breezy, Sho, SB, Shin

Number of Squares: 200

Actual Number of Squares: 209

Game Duration: Approximately 2 hours

Victors: Imp and Boron

Game Highlights:

Imp propelling herself and me to victory by throwing a hand grenade, which also denied Jedi of victory

Kay constantly reviving me

Me constantly reviving Imp

(Sorry, made a stupid mistake with this post and can't remember much about it >.<)

Edited by Ryuji-kun

Results for "omg horace im sorry" (The First SF BoardGame Tournament Part Two):

Participants: Darros, Imp, Spectakitty, Kay, Boron, Horace, Cam

Number of Squares: 200

Actual Number of Squares: 187

Game Duration: 2ish

Victors: Kay

Game Highlights:

Darros, Kitty, Imp, and Boron all becoming Paladins.

Kitty being drunk twice, stoned once, and crazy once.

Horace getting Multiple Life Wards and multiple Tomes of Magic, getting from last to first pretty quickly

Name Changes, Kay became Assassin Sarah Palin, Boron became Paladin Orange-Butt, and Darros became Macho Paladin Solid Snake

Darros having the Furious United Nations aim the atom bomb at him, denying him victory and killing him

Edited by Macho Barbarian Darros

Scoreboard for "SF BoardGame Tournament":

Imp: |

Kay: |

Shin:

Sho:

SB:

Breezy:

Jedi:

Boron: |

Darros:

Horace:

Specta:

Cam:

Edited by Ryuji-kun

Boron would like everyone to know she has an orange butt.

No this is not spam, it's related to BoardGame.

Edited by Macho Barbarian Darros

nokiddingscut.png

NOT A BAD PYRAMID RUN AT ALL

gg winning from 100 spaces behind me >_>

Also, I play nearly daily, I run a lot of games through a Skype group, feel free to add me and get more players for a game pretty much any time I'm awake. too bad I live in Europe and the time difference destroys chances of playing with most of you guys