Cats in the Residence

Sunwoo

Okay, so in my school's graduate housing residence, we have a bunch of feral cats that sometimes wander around and into the place. By feral cats, I mean that they look like normal housecats, but they're not housecats. They're wild. I haven't seen any this year (although I did spot a couple last semester), but I know they're there. And the residence officials want to move them off so that they can get adopted.

I think there's a cat somewhere outside my apartment. This morning, when I woke up, it was meowing. Repeatedly. I can't see where it is though. So, I thought it had left during the day. But now it's 8:41 pm and I can hear a cat meowing. Is it the same one? Maybe, maybe not. But, uh, yeah.

SHUT UP CAT!

But maybe calling animal control? Kitties often get adopted like hotcakes especially if they are relatively tame (even for ferals).

Well, from what I heard our residence directors have already called animal control to "safely and humanely" remove the cats and send them to shelters so they can be adopted out. Problem is, the main office is closed by now so even if I could figure out if and where the cat is I couldn't do anything about it.

Go around with a bowl of milk saying, 'Here kitty kitty!'

Also, make squeaking noises. That should lure it out.

We're not allowed to feed the cats. Apparently, it's illegal in Arizona. :/

We're not allowed to feed the cats. Apparently, it's illegal in Arizona. :/

This made me laugh for some reason. Does the law makers of Arizona hate cats and other street pets?

So if I wanted to visit anywhere in any of the deserts around the west that means I have to avoid Arizona? =o

Of course I'm pretty sure I've been in Arizona before but I was too little back then~

This made me laugh for some reason. Does the law makers of Arizona hate cats and other street pets?

maybe wild cats are a big problem there and they don't want people giving them a reason to stick around?

maybe wild cats are a big problem there and they don't want people giving them a reason to stick around?

Exactly. They're wild cats. We don't know what kind of stuff they're eating, so they could be a health risk if they carry disease or whatnot. There's also a safety risk with the bigger predators that these cats may attract. Like coyotes. There's a reason why we don't want these cats around.

We're not allowed to have pets (except for fish) in the dorms. I wouldn't take a cat even if we are allowed to. We're not allowed to feed the wildlife, period.

And I saw a cat walking outside my window last night, meowing. Good grief, cat, shut up! :|