Belonging in the FE Forums

Mikado

Guys,

I was away and could not reply to the old thread I made and I wanted to share that I enjoy the FE forums, drafts,and all the other fun stuff. I really want to stay connected to the forums and want to join in and share my thoughts. My life right now has not been great and the forums have been a place that I can turn to for enjoyment and to interact with people who have similar interests. The comments (except a few) I have gotten back from the community have set me back. But I want so much to be here. I want to post and be part of the activities and feel welcomed. You might say that I care very much about what others say to me…. :( and that I should not…but I do…again, all I want is to be here and participate.

I like how this thread turned into a Vincent asskissing topic so quickly :3

That didn't last long thanks to the next two replies below yours.

Okay, it's still going on.

Edited by BLS

Guys,

I was away and could not reply to the old thread I made and I wanted to share that I enjoy the FE forums, drafts,and all the other fun stuff. I really want to stay connected to the forums and want to join in and share my thoughts. My life right now has not been great and the forums have been a place that I can turn to for enjoyment and to interact with people who have similar interests. The comments (except a few) I have gotten back from the community have set me back. But I want so much to be here. I want to post and be part of the activities and feel welcomed. You might say that I care very much about what others say to me…. :( and that I should not…but I do…again, all I want is to be here and participate.

Hey, stop trying to fit in. Stop caring, don't force it.

Huh, did somebody say something.

Sorry, couldn't resist a Callum joke.

The fact that I get that joke now is sad. *Is in Chapter 6*

Guys,

The fact that you're calling attention to yourself like this is not helping you fit in. Just... blend into the background.

Da best advice.

Beside, fitting in at SF is all kinds of terrible.

Which explains why I am better than you because I don't fit in the forums at all aside from the silliness in the FE4 Thread.

In fact, I can barely fit in anywhere.

Which explains why I am better than you because I don't fit in the forums at all aside from the silliness in the FE4 Thread.

In fact, I can barely fit in anywhere.

Good for you. Here's a cookie for your troubles.

The FE community as a whole is a fairly mixed bag. SF is lucky because the worst members tend to be driven off and largely ignored by our memberbase (and subsequently start acting like it's the SF community that is bad; the only redeeming value, because it amuses me greatly). It's plagued by the flaring egos of mid to late teens and young adults, and fortified by the impressionable youngsters who begin to think it's cool to snort as many watermelon seeds as they can into their nose while posting. All in all, SF does pretty well for itself and it's not too hard to fit into. I don't suggest ever getting "involved" in any FE community though. If you start to treat it as anything more than a casual experience, you'll quickly see the very ugly and pitiful side of the FE fanbase.

That said, I still love these guys! From the timid, socially awkward sweethearts to the self-important-but-in-reality-minuscule egomaniacs. Maybe I love me too, I wouldn't want to say it in public though. I might be disowned by the largely self hating FE fandom. Well I mean in reality they're self hating, but everyone just likes to pretend it's awful except for them and their friends. In reality everyone else thinks those people are awful too, and so on and so forth! I dream of a day where people just accept that we're all one, so we can move forward as one big mass of terrible. Those would be happier days, I think. No more arguments between two equally silly people who think they're normal and the other person is silly, while a bunch of other people wearing clothing made out of tinfoil and wrapped up t-shirts for hats saying "wow, look how silly they are! Glad we're not like that, huh guys?" watch as if it's the most absurd thing that has ever happened in their lives.

I lost track of where I was going with that. Uhhh

Welcome to Serenes! It's pretty okay here, there are lots of cool people if you can get past everyone's peculiarities. Just don't get too invested and I'm sure you'll be just fine!

The FE community as a whole is a fairly mixed bag. SF is lucky because the worst members tend to be driven off and largely ignored by our memberbase (and subsequently start acting like it's the SF community that is bad; the only redeeming value, because it amuses me greatly). It's plagued by the flaring egos of mid to late teens and young adults, and fortified by the impressionable youngsters who begin to think it's cool to snort as many watermelon seeds as they can into their nose while posting. All in all, SF does pretty well for itself and it's not too hard to fit into. I don't suggest ever getting "involved" in any FE community though. If you start to treat it as anything more than a casual experience, you'll quickly see the very ugly and pitiful side of the FE fanbase.

That said, I still love these guys! From the timid, socially awkward sweethearts to the self-important-but-in-reality-minuscule egomaniacs. Maybe I love me too, I wouldn't want to say it in public though. I might be disowned by the largely self hating FE fandom. Well I mean in reality they're self hating, but everyone just likes to pretend it's awful except for them and their friends. In reality everyone else thinks those people are awful too, and so on and so forth! I dream of a day where people just accept that we're all one, so we can move forward as one big mass of terrible. Those would be happier days, I think. No more arguments between two equally silly people who think they're normal and the other person is silly, while a bunch of other people wearing clothing made out of tinfoil and wrapped up t-shirts for hats saying "wow, look how silly they are! Glad we're not like that, huh guys?" watch as if it's the most absurd thing that has ever happened in their lives.

I lost track of where I was going with that. Uhhh

Welcome to Serenes! It's pretty okay here, there are lots of cool people if you can get past everyone's peculiarities. Just don't get too invested and I'm sure you'll be just fine!

"Sniff"....that was beautiful.