Fe10 Balancing attempt! [Subject #3 - Bastian]

Vicious Sal

Apart from some of the aforementioned changes, make Largo a playable character (joins in 4-2 as a level 8 Reaver).

The Reaver has only two skins, Boyd and Nolan. =/ So it would be a generic warrior or whatever, so that wouldn't really work. Sadly, I would've liked using Largo as well.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edward is usually at the cusp of being viable in hard mode, but usually falls by wayside for some players.

Make him start at a higher level, and give him better bases so that he's comparable to Nolan as a unit.

Starting stats

Lvl: 7

HP: 25

STR: 10

MAG: 0

SKL: 11

SPD: 14

DEF: 7

RES: 0

I feel that he should still suck at at DEF / RES since they're his legitimate weakness (that were far too overblown 9_9).

Now he should be viable in HM most of the time and actually stand somewhat of a chance in comparison to Zihark because of his stellar growths.

I think? I'm no pro, so if I horribly broke him or the changes aren't enough let me know.

2. Make the Black Knight recruitable. I know, I know it's "lol sequence break" but if Sephiran can join why not him? Obviously this would require some sort of requirement, but I've always wanted the BK to join after defeating him.

Edited by PK Gaming

I have some suggestions :)

By Chapters:

• Give 1 authority star to Miccy after 1-5. 2 stars for her on P3 and 3 stars for her on Silver Army.
  • Make a chapter where Micaiah, Sothe, Laura, Ilyana, Kurth and the Merchants escape from the prison. Something like 1-3 Stage 1 and 1-3 Stage 2 (where the before mentioned characters join Nolan, Edward and Leo).
  • Make Fiona usable on 1-6 Stage 2 and buff her stats and levels, however, leaving her weaker than Laverton, like lv. 13 or 14, 29Hp/12Str/8Mag/13Skl/14Sp/11Lck/13Def/9Res and B Lances.
  • A Bowgun on a chest on 1-7 so Leo can use it by 1-8.
  • Usable Pelleas (like lv.9 Dark Sage A Dark, B Thunder; Carreau, Elthunder and Elixir) on 1-E.
  • Have the Daein Liberation Army defend the capital on 1-E, like another Stage?
  • Probably extra chapters on Part 2, and as Lucina said, have Bastian and Volke join a chapter or two.
  • Have LEA join early P3 but leave after 3-10 and joining back on Greil's Army. Raise Vika's and Muarim's Strike rank to S.
  • Have the black cat join on 3-7 under Kyza's command ¿logical recruitment?. I actually have never seen him on the game, lol. I fail. But he looks quite interesting.
  • BUFF Kyza, he is too weak to be a commander or whatever.
  • Pelleas not usable on P3, though. I don't know if having him join on early/mid game might make him steal Miccy's protagonism throughout the game.
  • Buff Sigrun, like 38Hp/22Str/14Mag/capped Skl/capped Sp/same Lck/21 or 22Def/capped Res, better sp growth.
  • Recruitable Hetzel on 4-4 or 4-E-1. No Levail, though, seems to me, it's useless have recruitables for Endgame. Lehran is acceptable cause Staff and good dmg against Cover Auras.

Weapons:

• Give a unique SS Tome to Miccy, with 15Mt and +5def and +5res bonus.
  • Unique Luna Tome for Pelleas and effective against Auras, Dheg and Seph....o_O
  • Change Balberith's +3Str bonus to +3Mag bonus (making Dark Archsages highly offensive and Light Sages highly defensive)
  • Magic weapons! Sigrun will love those Flame Lances <3
  • Forgable Wind Edges, however, maintain their low hit due to high mt. Make them like longbows.
  • Increase thunder tomes' crt but maintain their low mt. However, increase hit by +5 or +10.
  • Killer Magic Tomes, just in the same way Killer weapons exist :P.
  • Have Magic Tomes inflict status debuff (dunno if it's the correct word). For example: Fire tomes inflict blaze (like poison but with an extra thingy, like reducing or halving enemy's str or def/res), Wind tomes inflict cancel or slow or reduces/halves enemy's speed, Thunder tomes inflict Stun for 1 turn and higher chance of crting enemies, Light tomes inflicts...err...blind¿?...half enemy's skl, Dark tomes inflict...dunno...curse? fear? reduce enemies' Max Hp for a turn...Hp Down?
  • Create Ice/Water Magic absorbing enemy Hp or increasing user's def and res...no...definitely not...nvm.
  • Magic Crimson Breath for Ena. Oh, and SS rank or S for dragons.

Skills:

• Magic Auras for mages/saints, like inflicting debuffs on enemies due to physical contact, or protecting them against it.
  • Innate Miracle on all priests/bishops/saints just as Thieves have innate Steal.

Just this, at the moment. 8P

• 2 weeks later...

Give Lincy all of Haar's availability ;W;

Give Miccy Dark magic ^^' and have that dark tome in the shops.

Make Fiona, Meg, Lyre, Lethe, Ilyana, Pelleas, and Leo not suck.

Give Astrid better bases. Make 2-3 rout and 2-E 15 turns o3o.

Make Ena playable in 3-E.

Make Fiona possible to SS bows cap.

spread more skills maybe.

Recuitable Veyona.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Bring back the Laguz weapons (laguz lance, laguz bow etc)

Reduce the amount of Royal Laguz that join in endgame (it just makes every other Laguz character and most Beorc Characters seem useless)

Make "Easy" Mode a little harder as it is currently tediously too easy.

Also Stefan join earlier.

BEXP not automatically raise 3 stats every level up, I've done this with meg from level 3 till 20/20/20 and she is uber powerful.

Even normal's too easy but seriously on easy mode even if your new to the series it's too easy...

I disagree here, people like Anacybele aren't good enough at strategy games so they like easy mode just fine. I have taken it into the list though.

Even normal's too easy but seriously on easy mode even if your new to the series it's too easy...

...what?

"Even normal's too easy." Why would you even play easy mode then? Easy mode is good for dicking around, obviously it's too easy.

I'd rather have Easy Mode left in as-is. It's easy but it's a mode that lets you use any character without stressing out about it, seeing as Normal mode is harder than average compared to other normal modes. And some people unfamiliar with the series do still find Easy Mode hard, if *some* game reviewers are anything to go by. If I were to suggest any changes to Easy mode, it would be to remove the +5 stat bonuses to the Yune-blessed weapons in 4-E, which at that point is just overkill.

I'd rather have Easy Mode left in as-is. It's easy but it's a mode that lets you use any character without stressing out about it, seeing as Normal mode is harder than average compared to other normal modes. And some people unfamiliar with the series do still find Easy Mode hard, if *some* game reviewers are anything to go by. If I were to suggest any changes to Easy mode, it would be to remove the +5 stat bonuses to the Yune-blessed weapons in 4-E, which at that point is just overkill.

The +5 stat bonuses are not tied to a weapon that's been blessed by Yune. Even if you go ahead and unequip such a weapon, nothing will happen to those stat bonuses. Edited by Little Al

I have whole laundry list of things.

- Can you swap the raven's and hawk's movement, it always bugged me that the Hawks were better than the Raven Statically AND had better move, giving the ravens more move balances things out.

- Make all the Tier ones have 40 for there HP cap, and 20 for there other caps, and for second tier make all tier two class have 60 for their HP cap, and AT LEAST 20 in every other stat, and have all their luck caps be 30, and finally make tier 3 have an 80 HP cap, AT LEAST a 30 cap in all their stats, and all of them have a luck cap of 40.

- Give the Paladins a second weapon (if possible) in Tier 2, (Lance Paladins Gets Bow, Axe Paladins get Lances, Sword Paladin get Axes, and Bow Paladin get Swords), and have all of them be a Gold Knight third tier and get all four weapons third tier.

- Buff Magic's might( Elfire 8, Arfire 11 Bolganone 14, Rexflame 17, Fire Tail 16, Elwind 7, Arcwind 10, Tornado 13 Rexcalibur 16, Wind Tail 15 Thunder 6, Elthunder 9, Bolting 9, Arcthunder 12 Thoron 15, Rexbolt 18, Thunder Tail 17, Ellight 6, Shine 9, Nosferatu 9, Valaura 12, Rexaura 15, Worm 9, Carreau 12, Fenrir 10, Verrine 15 Balberith 18).

- Buff all of the Mages (player and enemy) speed and cap

- Change some weapon ranks, Elthunder D rank, Bolting C Rank, Arcthunder B Rank, Ellight to D, Purge to C, Shine to B, Nosferatu to A, Worm to D, Fenrir to C

- Lower all dark tomes hit by 5

- Can you make an E rank dark magic tome with 6 Might, 75 Hit, 5 Weight, 1~2 Range, 40 uses and gives 1 Wexp, just for constancy)

- Have Meteor, Blizzard, Fenrir give 3 Wexp, and have Worm give 2 Wexp

Other ideas I had include, (if possible I doubt it is):

- Giving Meg a skill called terrian master, (treats all passable terrian as 1 move), the skill with 20 capacity, and sell for the appropriate amount.

- Buff megs bases to be more armor like (giving her the ability to tank) but keeping her growth the same (maybe increase her Skill growth though), so she has the niche of starting out tratitional but developing out different

- Give tier 1 mages all three types of magic, also give Sages and Druids staves if possible

- Playable Veyona (modifying his bases and growths obivously) with Summoner as his promotion (obviously buyable Dark tomes in Chapter 3-4 and beyond)

- Forgable Dark, Elfire, Elwind, Elthunder, Ellight, worm, Arcfire, Arcwind, Arcthunder, Shine, Carreau, Wind Edges, Iron Longbows, and fire tome make forgeable from 1-4-8 wind tomes forable in part 1, and Fire tomes forgeable in part 3 chapters 2 and 3, and Light tomes forgeable in part 3 (never got why there weren't its just as if not more viable than forging knives) and probably more I can say but there why to much I've put already)

Apologize for the probably millions of typos in here and I know a good 50% (or higher) of these idea are impossible but just throwing them out there

Edited by weso12

I have whole laundry list of things, can you swap the raven's and hawk's movement, it always bugged me that the Hawks were better than the Raven Statically AND had better move, giving the ravens more move balances things out, and also make all the Tier ones have 40 for there HP cap, and 20 for there other caps, and for second tier make all tier two class have 60 for their HP cap, and AT LEAST 20 in every other stat, and have all their luck caps be 30, and finally make tier 3 have an 80 HP cap, AT LEAST a 30 cap in all their stats, and all of them have a luck cap of 40, also give the Paladins a second weapon (if possible) in Tier 2, (Lance Paladins Gets Bow, Axe Paladins get Lances, Sword Paladin get Axes, and Bow Paladin get Swords), and have all of them be a Gold Knight third tier and get all four weapons third tier. Buff Magic's might( Elfire 8, Arfire 11 Bolganone 14, Rexflame 17, Fire Tail 16, Elwind 7, Arcwind 10, Tornado 13 Rexcalibur 16, Wind Tail 15 Thunder 6, Elthunder 9, Bolting 9, Arcthunder 12 Thoron 15, Rexbolt 18, Thunder Tail 17, Ellight 6, Shine 9, Nosferatu 9, Valaura 12, Rexaura 15, Worm 9, Carreau 12, Fenrir 10, Verrine 15 Balberith 18) buff all of the Mages (player and enemy) speed and cap, change some weapon ranks, Elthunder D rank, Bolting C Rank, Arcthunder B Rank, Ellight to D, Purge to C, Shine to B, Nosferatu to A, Worm to D, Fenrir to C, lower all dark tomes hit by 5 and by the Way if you can, can you make an E rank dark magic tome with 6 Might, 75 Hit, 5 Weight, 1~2 Range, 40 uses and gives 1 Wexp, just for constancy) have Meteor, Blizzard, Fenrir give 3 Wexp, and have Worm give 2 Wexp, other ideas I had include, (if possible I doubt it is) giving Meg a skill called terrian master, (treats all passable terrian as 1 move), the skill with 20 capacity, and sell for the apporiaty amount, also buff megs bases to be more armor like (giving her the ability to tank) but keeping her growth the same (maybe increase her Skill growth though), so she has the niche of starting out tratitional but developing out different, give tier 1 mages all three types of magic, also give Sages and Druids staves if possible, and also playable Veyona (modifying his bases and growths obivously) with Summoner as his promotion (obviously buyable Dark tomes in Chapter 3-4 and beyond), (if possible) forgable Dark, Elfire, Elwind, Elthunder, Ellight, worm, Arcfire, Arcwind, Arcthunder, Shine, Carreau, Wind Edges, Iron Longbows, and fire tome make forgeable from 1-4-8 wind tomes forable in part 1, and Fire tomes forgeable in part 3 chapters 2 and 3, and Light tomes forgeable in part 3 (never got why there weren't its just as if not more viable than forging knives) and probably more I can say but there why to much I've put already)

Apologize for the probably millions of typos in here and I know a good 50% (or higher) of these idea are impossible but just throwing them out there

Uh, how 'bout I make that readable for you? It'll make it easier for people to comment on those ideas.

I have whole laundry list of things.

- Can you swap the raven's and hawk's movement, it always bugged me that the Hawks were better than the Raven Statically AND had better move, giving the ravens more move balances things out.

- Make all the Tier ones have 40 for there HP cap, and 20 for there other caps, and for second tier make all tier two class have 60 for their HP cap, and AT LEAST 20 in every other stat, and have all their luck caps be 30, and finally make tier 3 have an 80 HP cap, AT LEAST a 30 cap in all their stats, and all of them have a luck cap of 40.

- Give the Paladins a second weapon (if possible) in Tier 2, (Lance Paladins Gets Bow, Axe Paladins get Lances, Sword Paladin get Axes, and Bow Paladin get Swords), and have all of them be a Gold Knight third tier and get all four weapons third tier.

- Buff Magic's might( Elfire 8, Arfire 11 Bolganone 14, Rexflame 17, Fire Tail 16, Elwind 7, Arcwind 10, Tornado 13 Rexcalibur 16, Wind Tail 15 Thunder 6, Elthunder 9, Bolting 9, Arcthunder 12 Thoron 15, Rexbolt 18, Thunder Tail 17, Ellight 6, Shine 9, Nosferatu 9, Valaura 12, Rexaura 15, Worm 9, Carreau 12, Fenrir 10, Verrine 15 Balberith 18).

- Buff all of the Mages (player and enemy) speed and cap

- Change some weapon ranks, Elthunder D rank, Bolting C Rank, Arcthunder B Rank, Ellight to D, Purge to C, Shine to B, Nosferatu to A, Worm to D, Fenrir to C

- Lower all dark tomes hit by 5

- Can you make an E rank dark magic tome with 6 Might, 75 Hit, 5 Weight, 1~2 Range, 40 uses and gives 1 Wexp, just for constancy)

- Have Meteor, Blizzard, Fenrir give 3 Wexp, and have Worm give 2 Wexp

Other ideas I had include, (if possible I doubt it is):

- Giving Meg a skill called terrian master, (treats all passable terrian as 1 move), the skill with 20 capacity, and sell for the appropriate amount.

- Buff megs bases to be more armor like (giving her the ability to tank) but keeping her growth the same (maybe increase her Skill growth though), so she has the niche of starting out tratitional but developing out different

- Give tier 1 mages all three types of magic, also give Sages and Druids staves if possible

- Playable Veyona (modifying his bases and growths obivously) with Summoner as his promotion (obviously buyable Dark tomes in Chapter 3-4 and beyond)

- Forgable Dark, Elfire, Elwind, Elthunder, Ellight, worm, Arcfire, Arcwind, Arcthunder, Shine, Carreau, Wind Edges, Iron Longbows, and fire tome make forgeable from 1-4-8 wind tomes forable in part 1, and Fire tomes forgeable in part 3 chapters 2 and 3, and Light tomes forgeable in part 3 (never got why there weren't its just as if not more viable than forging knives) and probably more I can say but there why to much I've put already)

With that being said. . .

- Wouldn't mind the mage Speed cap being a bit higher so Soren stops ramming it

- Don't really like having units that are mounted and wield most of the physical weapons out there, nor do I like the idea of merging all the magic users by having them wield nearly everything

- Pretty sure that if Meg had that skill it would be taken off of her and slapped onto someone in the GM

- Wouldn't mind having magic be forgeable beyond the basic tomes, either

Uh, how 'bout I make that readable for you? It'll make it easier for people to comment on those ideas.

Thanks for that I fixed that in my original post

- Don't really like having units that are mounted and wield most of the physical weapons out there,

keep in mind they would still have bad caps along with the terrain penalties so it balances out

nor do I like the idea of merging all the magic users by having them wield nearly everything

Its only the anima triangle and sense the sages get the entire triangle by second tier anyway, this would only relevant for Illyana (and generics to I guess), and which thunder magics might she will probably want to use that any ways, but it gives her more options and allows her to build up her wind and fire ranks before promotion

- Pretty sure that if Meg had that skill it would be taken off of her and slapped onto someone in the GM

Maybe but she would still be able to keep the benefits for the entirety of part 1 as its capacity is to high for anyone in that part, and honestly wouldn't be that broken on any of the GM in Part 3 anyways , and besides keeping it on her during part 3 isn't that bad of an idea, she would make great use of it in the swamp (you could even give it to fiona, who would be getting a buff but that goes without saying)

Thanks for the feedback

How about throwing a few more Master Seals into part 1 to help out the first tier units?

Edit:

Also, I would advocate to remove all Authority stars from player characters.

You can't choose your leader anyway so there is no tactical value in them. And those who have stars, are in chapters which are easy enough as it is.

And would it be possible to make a Laguz' speed stat unaffected from transformations? Cats should not be doubled by lowly grunts.

Edited by BrightBow

How about throwing a few more Master Seals into part 1 to help out the first tier units?

More Master Seals? Part 1 has:

1. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-4
  2. A Master Seal that can be stolen from a southern soldier on 1-5
  3. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-6 Stage 2
  4. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-7
  5. A Master Seal from 1-9's Bargains (10000G X_X)
  6. A Master Seal from 1-E's Bargains

Or do you mean droppable Master Seals? Because P1 has 6 Master Seals and there are 9 Tier 1 units (Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Laura, Ilyana, Aran, Meg, Jill and Fiona), and, imo, there are enough Seals taking into account P1's length. Now, if you are requesting a longer P1...unsure.gif

More Master Seals? Part 1 has:

1. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-4
  2. A Master Seal that can be stolen from a southern soldier on 1-5
  3. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-6 Stage 2
  4. A Master Seal as a hidden treasure on 1-7
  5. A Master Seal from 1-9's Bargains (10000G X_X)
  6. A Master Seal from 1-E's Bargains

Or do you mean droppable Master Seals? Because P1 has 6 Master Seals and there are 9 Tier 1 units (Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Laura, Ilyana, Aran, Meg, Jill and Fiona), and, imo, there are enough Seals taking into account P1's length. Now, if you are requesting a longer P1...unsure.gif

Sorry, I didn't know there were so many. I only remembered like 2 or so.

Still, I would say they would be better as enemy drops rather then something that requires a guide and counting tiles to find. I would say that this is unnecessary tedious.

well i had a thought why not switch miciahs and pelleases growths as light mages are supposed to be fast and dark mages slow so if we switch the growths thing will be normal

Lots of units have abnormal growths for their class in this game - Gatrie and Meg both have a high Spd growth despite being Armoured units, Edward has a high Str growth despite being of the Myrmidon class, Sigrun having a poor Spd growth despite being a Pegasus Knight...

Oh, and Pelleas having those growths is justifiable, seeing as he is an Est after all (Joins late and underlevelled, but has good growths to compensate).