Marcus can die?

Anacybele

Alright, so I lost Marcus while playing FE7 just now (Ugh... I still suck at this game even when trying to use advice I was given), but I thought he couldn't die? I mean, if he got beat, I thought he just retreated, because he's in FE6. So he's canonically supposed to survive.

This just makes no sense here...

Does anyone else agree with this?

Nope. You seem to have missed the end of chapter dialog that accompanies Marcus' "death".

Eliwood: Marcus, how are your wounds?

Marcus: To be done in by such as these... It's a dishonor. If I were ten years younger...

Eliwood: You should rest for a while. You can still help me as my advisor...

Marcus: I understand. I accept this new duty.

He's not dead, just unplayable for the remainder of the game. Several other characters such as Karla and Bartre also have end of chapter dialog when they "die".

Edited by Charlie

Anyone in Lyn mode who dies is also reduced to merely being "injured" and will show up with their default stats in Eliwood/Hector mode.

I know this already. xP

I've played through Lyn's story a few times already.

Oswin advises Hector a few times over the course of the game.

I would think that giving birth to an established character would be of far greater importance than a few words of advice that could easily be written out without any ill effects.

I would think that giving birth to an established character would be of far greater importance than a few words of advice that could easily be written out without any ill effects.

Killing Rebecca retroactively voids Wolt into nonexistance. Creepy stuff!

Edited by Refa

FE6 without Wolt... Heh, that would be an interesting fanfic, I bet, but unfortunately, I can't write it because one, I've never played the game and I can't play it anyway because I don't emulate, and two, I've got enough fics in progress as it is. xP

These words of advice include word of Uther's death.

...Or Wolt becomes the son of Pheraen Village Girl. Like how Sue is the daughter of Rath and Lyn if they get an A support, or Rath and Sacaen Village Girl if they don't.

FE6 without Wolt... Heh, that would be an interesting fanfic, I bet

NO. FE6 without Wolt is meaningless cry.gif who will stick with Roy even if the whole world turns against him?

But seriously, I think Rebecca being Wolt's mom is "optional", like Eliwood and Ninian marrying. If Rebecca dies, Wolt's mom could be just Random Village Girl.

... and I was ninja'd between reading the thread and pressing "Reply". noes.gif

So what you're saying is killing Rebecca is the best thing to do? I can get on board with that.

Yes, Hugh is already born in FE7 and Canas and his wife die before FE6 anyway so he might as well have died in battle.

Also: that Wolt screenshot wub.gif