Shattered Honour Chapter One

Parrhesia

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack glances at Izdihar, back to Ibn, and then back to Izdihar as a wide smile breaks across his face. "So, you two would be twins then, I see. Do you two do everything together or..." He let his sentence trail off suggestively while returning Izdihar's wink.

Edited by scorri

Jack sighed and sat back down facing the rest of the group. Ah well. I suppose things are a little too serious to be thinking about things like that right now anyways. Although... this is a very interesting group so far.

Jacob sighs.

"I know this is a stressful time, and we would all like to lighten the mood, but could we save this type of thing for after we settle our plans? Forgive me if I sound rude, but I would prefer not to be killed just so you all could jump into bed together."

Edited by Strunk

"I appreciate that you're all stupid, incompetent chucklefucks," says Chisford drily, "but I really don't have time for this bullshit. Do you want to leave this shit up to me? No, you don't, because I can't be fucked to do your micromanagement cack for you. You there, the short ugly one. I don't know what a 'political meeting' is, nor do I give a flying fuck, but you can shove it up that scrawny city-kid arse of yours and get the fuck moving. Don't give me sass, MAKE A FUCKING CHOICE. Is it THAT HARD?"

Rine observes the discussion, thinking about the mission. Sometimes, it was better to listen than to speak, and the commander would probably call him out for what he would say. Still, he decided that it was necessary, so he gave a step forward and left the crowd for a while "I'll be on the supply run mission. Is there any information about the city we are going to... loot?".

"I think I would like to be with the group heading out to meet that Lord Randal." said Lena, letting the insults roll off her like droplets of water on a ducks back. It would take more than petty namecalling to break her temperament and she would be certain of that. "I doubt he'll think we're anything but deserters though, but I also think it likely to be the more fun of the choices."

"Now how on earth do you figure that? I mean, of the two options presented, I find it hard to believe that you would choose to seek out Lord Randel because it's more fun," says Ibn, "Think about it. If anything, our way should be the fun one. After all, at least some people enjoy looting."

Jacob sighs, wishing he didn't have to voice his opinion out loud, but feeling the need to at least attempt to get the other soldiers thinking about the mission.

"This isn't supposed to be fun. We're fighting to stay alive. We need enough people in both groups so that we have at least a small chance to not only survive, but to complete our missions. So far, there have been far more of us interested in going for supplies than going to meet up with Randel. If the girl wishes to go where she's actually needed, I say it's fine. I may decide to go for Randel myself, if no more of us pick that option."

"You'll note," says Ibn slowly, turning to face Jacob, "That I at no point said that this was "supposed" to be fun. I didn't say I found it fun. I didn't even imply it. I'm simply responding to what she said."

Jacob stares at the man for a moment, his face barely showing any emotion.

"As you said yourself, she did in fact state she wanted to go where she would have more fun. You responded with the belief that she may have more fun on the supply run, and I countered that this should not be considered fun at all. What I said could easily be directed at either you or her. Regardless, I feel we would be better off if we could decide on our actual plan sooner, rather than later. There are still many things we need to do before we can even set out, and the sooner we get this part over with, the sooner we can begin the next."

For a moment, he replays scenes from the recent battle in his mind. The sound of steel clashing, of screaming men and women falling to the ground, never to rise again...

A moment later, he adds "We have to decide what weapons and provisions can go to which group, as well as distribution of the same. We have to at least try to figure out what each of the various members of our 'army' can actually do. Who can fight best at close range, who can fight from a distance at all, how many of us can even lie successfully. If we went into hostile territory like this, with no actual plan or knowledge, we would be crushed into the dirt. All of this needs to be handled, and yet we still must get it all done quickly if we hope to even keep up enough strength to survive. So, maybe you can see why I don't feel like listening to talk of fun right now."

Edited by Strunk

That was quite the scene to watch. Jordan didn't know whether or not he should chime in or just keep listening to everyone going on and at each other. He turned to the man he had spoken to before, still unsure of his name. "Sir, d'you think we should leave them to their arguments and just get our weapons? I doubt there's much we can do to stop them, so we might as well let it run its course. And I could use a breath of fresh air, myself." He made for the door, not wanting to get caught up in anymore of this.

One of the men was particularly loud. His babble about tactics and something else didn't really make much sense. He was probably one of those fancy types who could read and write, and thought it made him more important than everyone else.

Sir, d'you think we should leave them to their arguments and just get our weapons?"

Now that was an idea. Tordel was pretty much unarmed after his last battle. Regardless of how he thought, a man without weapons would soon die.

"I agree, your squabbling won't get anything done."

He made his way over to the one who made the suggestion.

"Some folk can't help but go on and on, I'm glad someone else feels the same way. You can call me Tordel."

Leon sat on the ground while he watched the group argue and inwardly sighed. 'How did I even get stuck with this group,' he thought. 'One minute I'm looting soldiers in the heat of a battle, the next, I'm convinced- no, threatened into joining their group. Not like I had much of a choice though, it was either this or take an axe to the head, and I can't die yet, not until I'm sure that my family at the orphanage is safe.'

He got up from his seat and dusted himself off. 'Well, no point in dwelling on it anymore. I'm here, and there's no changing that. Since I'm here, I might as well make the most of it and help out however I can. Guss that group will need as many supplies as they can, so I can help there.'

He walked up to the commander - 'Chrisford, was it?' - and attempted to speak to him. "E-excuse me, sir? I'd like to help with the supply run to Caril."

Jack sighed. Everyone seemed to want to go on the supply run. Well, I could switch. It'd require losing the company of these... fine looking twins, but ah well. "I've actually changed my mind. I'm going to join the group finding the reinforcements. It's something I'm better suited for anyways. More bashing in people's heads and less sneaking about. I will miss the fine company that the supply run promised, but such is life." He stood up, made a slight bow to the twins, and then walked more towards the entrance of the inn where he stood, waiting for the rest of his group to join him.

Edited by scorri