Your favourite Lords

Murdok Dracul

67 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Lords

EDIT: Mr. Sparkles, don't start that shit again. I just said that my opinion of Micaiah has nothing to do with why I don't consider her to be a lord.

No, no, no, you misunderstand me. You had asked where I got the idea that you were biased against Micaiah, where evidently you are. I didn't say it was relevant, but you contested that you /were/ biased, not that it was what was causing you to declare her NOTALORD so vehemently (in multiple threads now). Regardless of the facts here or there, you insinuated to me that you were not in fact biased against Micaiah, when you've come out and all but said that you are. That's all.

And no, Ephraim's hair is more green than Eirika's. Eirika's is more blue.

Actually, you're right. I just hadn't noticed. I certainly wouldn't call Ephraim's hair green, though. It's too hybridey.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three weeks isn't that long, imo. Forums usually let threads go for months before deciding that they're too old to be posted in anymore, lol. But whatevs.

EDIT: Mr. Sparkles, don't start that shit again. I just said that my opinion of Micaiah has nothing to do with why I don't consider her to be a lord.

And no, Ephraim's hair is more green than Eirika's. Eirika's is more blue.

I don't know why you and Mr. Sparkles seem to be flirting so much on this site, so I'll just leave that matter alone.

I think it says in the Code of Conduct that if something's been inactive for a month and is no longer on the front page, it's considered dead. While that one isn't either, it's nearly both, so...meh, I'll just leave that matter alone as well. :P

Let's get talking about Lords again. ^_^ So Sigurd is winning. As I said, I really didn't expect that. Then again, I didn't really know what to expect.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

No, no, no, you misunderstand me. You had asked where I got the idea that you were biased against Micaiah, where evidently you are. I didn't say it was relevant, but you contested that you /were/ biased, not that it was what was causing you to declare her NOTALORD so vehemently (in multiple threads now). Regardless of the facts here or there, you insinuated to me that you were not in fact biased against Micaiah, when you've come out and all but said that you are. That's all.

And I'm saying I'm not biased because my disliking Micaiah has nothing to do with why I don't consider her a lord. That is all.

Also, Murdock Dracul is right. Stop flirting with me. :P:

If the mods say this thread can stay, this thread can stay. I'll re-explain why I love Ike and Ephraim.

Ike is my favorite character in all of FE and one of my favorite video game characters ever. There's like, nothing I don't love about him, except that he can't marry Elincia at the end of RD. I love Ike's character, his sword skills, and he's unique because he's the only lord that isn't a noble/royal. In fact, he hates nobles, and that's what makes him entirely different from other lords. I think Ike's skills are epic and I love his attack animations too, especially Aether and his RD critical. Lastly, Ike is SO sexy and hot, especially in RD. <3

Really, he is just damn epic overall. <3

Ephraim is just badass with a lance, and I like his character. He isn't really interested in the idea of being a king or anything either, despite that he actually is a prince. He says himself that he would rather travel around and practice with his lance. His critical animation as a Lord is damn epic too. That lance twirling. <3

I'm surprised Micaiah has as many votes as she does. I thought just about everyone considered her to be too Mary Sueish. I know some people do, such as myself.

Edited by Anacybele

Let's get talking about Lords again. ^_^ So Sigurd is winning. As I said, I really didn't expect that. Then again, I didn't really know what to expect.
Well, there's the fact that Sigurd's the best Lord as a unit. And not to mention that quite a few people have played FE4 before. So, either case helps him become someone's favorite in that way. In my case, it's several of the reasons why I voted for the Elibe Lords. Edited by Little Al

I personally hate when someone picks a favorite lord solely based on their stats and stuff. There's more to a character than their damned stats.

I didn't even care one bit about Ike's stats when I first decided he was one of my favorite game characters. I only noticed later that he was an incredible unit statwise. xP

I personally hate when someone picks a favorite lord solely based on their stats and stuff. There's more to a character than their damned stats.

yeah, their move and their weapon ranks of course

edit

i personally hate when someone claims that i'm not entitled to not care about the story

Edited by CT075

Ermahgerd, we are so not arguing if Ephraim's hair is blue or not..please tell me we arent.

Mein favorite lords:

HECTOR!! Dude is a bawss and i love him. Hes a hothead but hes just plain awesome. Plus the tankiest lord ever. One of my last runs had Hector capping defense. Awwww yeee. Plus his animations with Armads are epic. I love Hector!

Eirika is my favorite lady lord. Shes cute and plucky and i love her promoted class. Swordmaster with a HORSE! How cool is that? I just really like her.

Ike because hes pretty damn cool in both of his games. FE9 has him going from green boy to badass. FE10 has him being a badass.

Hey, if stats and whatnot were everything to me, I would have checked off every box on the list except Marth (maybe), Roy, Eli, Micaiah, and maybe one or two others. But, as you can plainly see, I didn't. Edited by Little Al

I'm surprised Hector is not doing better to be honest. I was under the impression only Ike and Sigurd were more popular than him.

Hey, if stats and whatnot were everything to me, I would have checked off every box on the list except Marth (maybe), Roy, Eli, Micaiah, and maybe one or two others. But, as you can plainly see, I didn't.

I was just generalizing, I didn't mean you cared only about stats. My bad. xP

And I forgot that I also like Ephraim for being the only lord that never uses swords at any point (Hector gains swords on promotion, doesn't he?). He's unique for that.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm surprised Micaiah has as many votes as she does. I thought just about everyone considered her to be too Mary Sueish. I know some people do, such as myself.

Lately people on this forum have gotten sick of the term "Mary Sue."

I'm kind of interested in keeping this topic just because of how different the results are despite the timing being so close. It really gives more of an idea which lords people still like despite not being their favorite.

But I still only voted for Lyn. I still like others, but none I would really consider a "favorite."

My first question with Micaiah comes down to FE13.

How does that outfit qualify as CLOTHES? That... that should not qualify as an outfit, that's ecchi. You can't go anywhere in that and expect to be dignified.

Anyway...

I'm voting for Sigurd and Ike here. To me, they have the best stories within their games. Marth, Roy, Celice, Eliwood, and Ephraim's are kind of bland. Lyn's is pretty bland. Hector and Leaf have a lot more going for them. I am notsaying anything about Krom because I am deliberately keeping myself uninformed. Eirika is also kind of bland. Miccy... ... I am of the opinion that, given the way they told the story in FE10, she should not have been there. She gets part 1 and then is pretty dang ineffectual towards the entire game aside from being god's vessel. After part 1, I find myself asking "Why is she here" for most of her scenes because everything else feels like Intelligent Systems hit the panic button with the story.

Sigurd is a victim of tragedy. He rarely has ill intentions towards anyone he is fighting, and rarely moves for personal gain. Chapter 5 is the only time where Sigurd really becomes selfish, and he is justified in his desires. I want to clear my name and I want to find my wife. The problem is that his personality, where he does not ask many questions about motives and is very reactionary leads to him being manipulated. Even when his actions are to help a friend or self-defense, they always bring more suffering. This makes his character more fascinating to me; the question of 'how could this have been avoided' always comes to mind. That said, he seems very affable and very competent without feeling utterly perfect. His flaws are brutal, Sigurd is blind to ulterior motives and to the impact his own goals have on the larger world. These flaws prove fatal. This is also another thing I don't like about Micaiah, her flaws (self-sacrificing, ingenue, desperately trying to assist people even at severe cost) are always portrayed as good things. Sigurd's flaws are explored and used to illustrate how his noble, caring character can be turned against him. It helps show quality in the storytelling.

It's a shame that they let the ball drop so hard for Gen 2, because Celice is boring as tar. He does not seem to have any flaws...or personality. Kind of like Marth and Roy. This should make me dislike them more than Miccy, but blatant flaws being portrayed as something awesome annoys me much more than a complete absence of personality.

I really like how they wrote Ike in FE9. FE10 he is just...completely static. Again, I have no idea what happened with FE10. I think they just picked out the plot details from a fridge-magnet mess and called it good...it's a plot with ADD. ANYWAY, FE9 Ike. I guess it is the standard "adolescence to adulthood" story but it seems different from most. Instead of being forced to become more mature and stop being whiny, Ike is forced into the role of a mercenary commander when he is not ready. He screws up initially, he cannot inspire leadership and loyalty from two of the group's senior members, and is at a complete loss. It takes him a long time to start to grow into the role of mercenary commander within the story--the ship sequence helps, the game establishes that a few months were spent at sea--and he develops into an extremely competent leader. He still retains some of the childish qualities, minimize death or combat, and finds himself extremely uneasy with the responsibility forced on him by Bengion (spelling horribly ftw!). I really like the development of his character over the course of the game.

My first question with Micaiah comes down to FE13.

How does that outfit qualify as CLOTHES? That... that should not qualify as an outfit, that's icky. You can't go anywhere in that and expect to be dignified.

Fixed. :P But yeah i hate that image. Its gross and out of character but this isnt the place to discuss my hatred for the FE13 Micaiah art.

Ike becomes a badass in FE9 and stays one in FE10. It would have been nice if there was a smidge more character development from him there. I agree.

I agree, Micaiah's Awakening art only made me hate her more. She does not have boobs like that nor does she wear clothes like that.

I personally think Ike becomes more of a badass in RD than PoR. That Vanguard armor, man. And wielding giant axes like Urvan with one hand. And those muscles. Just epic. <3

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know why you and Mr. Sparkles seem to be flirting so much on this site, so I'll just leave that matter alone.

I think they make such a cute couple.

My favourite lords:

Storywise, I like Leaf. Mostly because of reasons others have already said, he had a difficult path and had personal growth, learning from his mistakes. I like Hector because of his attitude and he's more complex than he appears to be.

Appearance-wise, I like Lyn for her battle sprite. And I like Masked Marth for his art.

Gameplaywise, I like Celice, ofc. Not Sigurd so much, because he takes more to get going. I'm also partial to Ike, because he wrecks shit from every range with Ragnell and it never breaks.

I think they make such a cute couple.

no, no, this pairing can't sink my otp ! o:

I actually had to think about this one: I really like all of the Jugdral Lords, since Jugdral's story is amazing and I love the character development for Leaf especially. I almost voted for Marth, but that didn't happen. And I really like Masked Marth's design. So besides the Judgral Lords, I voted for Ephraim, whom I never knew I liked this much. ;__;

edit: i can't spell lol

Edited by Iris

:/ I just typed up quite a bit about why Ike, Hector, and Ephriam are my favorites, but my internet screwed up and deleted everything I wrote....

but, to sum up my now non-existent mini rant, they're all badasses that kick butt and have personalitys that I just adore and are fantastic units. Also, Ike's character development in FE9 is just amazing.

I felt really bad for Sigurd by Chapter 5, unlike I expected he had no happy ending. I think that made him memorable to me.

I really like Eliwood's personality, he was really sweet and nice ;w;. As a unit he wasn't too bright, but I don't care about that.

Lyn is really cool and I like her animation. I also liked her character and pride. I really liked that she grew from bitter to loving. Especially when she forgave her grandfather despite her pride.

EirikaxSeth OTP. She's naive and inexperienced unlike Ephraim but I like that she stands her ground and doesn't give up or hide like the others such as Ephraim tell her to. I also like that her and Seth make a cute OTP.

Miccy, I like the Dawn Brigade a lot and I resent that they didn't get much spotlight. I also appreciate her as a different lord by using magic. The hate she gets also made me appreciate her more.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem