[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

This game has flying ballistas?!

FLYING?! BALLISTAS?! Pegasus Knights be damned!

I predict a chapter will center around this unit at one point. Do you take flyers and run the risk of taking heavy damage but be able to take them down easier? Or do you take the safe route of using ground units, but taking damage as you struggle to hit them?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyppatissimo per la release, prima attendevo per dicembre Persona 5 e Mdnight Sun. Ora che mi hanno spostato Persona mi rimani solo tu. XD

In ogni caso congratulations Alfred for your amazing work and dedication!

Been like half a year since I last visited SF. Looks like things are rolling along well, huh.

There's a bunch of stuff to say but maybe I'll just condensate it into this: Cheers and good luck - this is the final stretch!

I'd donate, but the web service doesn't work in Finland - can't I just send you the money with a direct transfer over PayPal? TAKE MY MONEY

It might be another half a year before I remember to visit again. I expect this to get released before EN, at the very least. :P:

E: Oh, and both routes?????!!!?!?!? THIS YEAR!?!?!?!?!!!1???

Edited by mmKALLL

Hey, I've been really enjoying this game. I am not sure if this has been reported already, but in chapter 5x if you defeat Asra, the closest paladin miniboss, before the cutscene between him and Raymur triggers, then he will respawn after the cutscene even though he died. It's probably too much of a hassle to fix it, i don't mind it though, b/c you get his exp twice :)

I am not sure if this has been reported already,

In the file you download there should be a file "known issues.txt" and there you can check whether the issue is known or not. I don't think this one is known though.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't recruit Sae'Rah in the current version.

I entered her mother's house with djambo or andre, in more then 6 attempts, but when i try to talk to her they both say "Argh, this girl is dangerous" and nothing happens. I talked to her 5 times in the same attempt, but nothing happened.

Is that a bug or i'm missing something?

I think this was expected by many of you, but I didn't make it in time.

3 months ago I was sure I'd have been able to dedicate a lot of time on this project (at least 5 hours / day) in order to finish it by the end of the year. However, my life suddenly became unpredictably busy. I still tried to manage all of my new tasks at once, and because of that I passed 2 months sleeping 5 hours a day.

[spoiler=My life]I wake up at 7 a.m and stay at the university from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. During the lessons I also try to write some dialogues for the game, or some scripts for the events. At 6 p.m. sometimes I have to work with some other students for various university projects. I'm usually back home at 7.30 p.m. I make some videos for my YouTube channel (I need those earnings), cook for my family, call my gf. At 0:00 everybody in my house goes to sleep. But it's midnight, so I work on Midnight Sun (pun intended) until 2 a.m. The following day everything starts over again.

In the end, I decided that trying to finish the project this soon was an excessive burden for me. I was really looking forward to it, but I chose my health over my vow, so this isn't going to be a thing in December.

Still, I'll try to release at least a v.1.5 with all the bugs fixed, some tweaked chapters, and access to the first floor of the Tower, along with supports (maybe).

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't want to die while trying to rush a project that is so important to me.

Please know that I tried.

And thank you, because today Midnight Sun reached 17'000 downloads.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Do not overextend yourself. Not only should you choose health over your wow, but if you rush the game in such a state, it will feel just like that. Rushed and forced. Those who support you will wait patiently.

On the topic, though, how many chapters of the main game will the v1.5 contain?

A Christmas release is still a December release, you know!

Only five hours of sleep? Geez, get some rest before you keel over. I have my own schedule plus other ROM hacks to keep my busy, I can wait another few months.