Shattered Honour Chapter Two (Randel route)

Parrhesia

Jack quickly dives for cover, dragging their prisoners with him. Hearing Jacob's comment about ammo, he quickly glances around and then comes up with an idea. "Well, they're shooting back at us, right? Why don't the ones who aren't shooting at them collect the arrows they shoot? That way you can fire them back at them. Unless their using different types of arrows from you?"

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob waits to see what effect Jordan's arrows have on the enemy. Seeing the man weakened, but not killed, he aims his own bow at the man's chest and fires.

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3724683/

Jacob's hit = 7

3 + 7 = 10 - 13 = miss

The arrow flies harmlessly past the enemy. Jacob scowls, seeing how useless his action has been.

(OOC: Originally, I got this

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3724665/

but I realized I couldn't double this enemy, so I rolled again)

JACHART

Still smug as fuck after managing to find you, Jachart casually bets Bywater he can peg the longbow chick with ease.

Jachart loses two weeks' pay.

Varon's turn.

Name     Class      STR  STA  DEX  AGI  Weapon     Secondary  Shield   Armor           HP  MT    HIT  EV  AS
Jordan   Scout      4    6    8    7    Battleaxe  Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     28  9/10  7/8  9/7 11/19
Jacob    Scout      6    6    7    6    Broadsword Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     28  11/9  8/7  9/6 18/16
Lena     Archer     7    7    7    4    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     31  10/13 8/3  5/4 12/11
Varon    Apothecary 5    8    8    4    Mace       Crossbow   n/a      Leathers(1)     34  9/10  5/7  4   8/15

Name     Class      STR  STA  DEX  AGI  Weapon     Secondary  Shield   Armor           HP  MT    HIT  EV  AS
Jachart  Scout      4    3    7    6    Broadsword Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     19  7/9   8/7  9/6 18/16
Hurst    Archer     8    4    6    2    Battleaxe  Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     15  13/14 6/3  2   10/10
Bywater  Archer     7    4    6    3    Broadsword Greatbow   n/a      Ringmail(3)     22  10/15 8/2  3   9/10
Marea    Archer     7    4    6    3    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     22  10/13 8/3  3   9/10

[spoiler=Initiative]

Jordan

Jacob

Jachart

Varon

Lena

Bywater

Marea

Hurst

[spoiler=rolls]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724821/ 2+7 < 14

Edited by Furetchen

Varon, senses invaded by smoke, decides to bring the fun of fire to them.

Varon uses Weak Firebomb on Bywater

Roll = 10 (9 or up required) Varon hits.

Bywater takes 7 DMG and is on 8 HP

LENA'S TURN

Edited by Blasied

Typing error, accidentally put Hurst as having lower HP. Currently, assuming you were attacking Bywater, who Jordan fired at.

(not sure how you were able to huck a firebomb that distance, but I never said you couldn't, so I guess that slides)

and apparently this is totally ignored

so sure, w/e, Hurst kicks it

Edited by Furetchen

Typing error, accidentally put Hurst as having lower HP. Currently, assuming you were attacking Bywater, who Jordan fired at.

(not sure how you were able to huck a firebomb that distance, but I never said you couldn't, so I guess that slides)

OOC: Righto, sorry about that. Post edited.

EDIT: ghhrk re-ninja'd, but I refuse to edit this fucking post now the rolls are done

MAREA AND BYWATER

Both archers attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. Marea's shot fails horribly at life, but Bywater manages a solid hit that pierces Lena through the gut, dealing out 12 damage.

Jordan's turn.

Jordan   Scout      4    6    8    7    Battleaxe  Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     28  9/10  7/8  9/7 11/19
Jacob    Scout      6    6    7    6    Broadsword Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     28  11/9  8/7  9/6 18/16
Lena     Archer     7    7    7    4    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     19  10/13 8/3  5/4 12/11
Varon    Apothecary 5    8    8    4    Mace       Crossbow   n/a      Leathers(1)     34  9/10  5/7  4   8/15

Jachart  Scout      4    3    7    6    Broadsword Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     19  7/9   8/7  9/6 18/16
Bywater  Archer     7    4    6    3    Broadsword Greatbow   n/a      Ringmail(3)     22  10/15 8/2  3   9/10
Marea    Archer     7    4    6    3    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     22  10/13 8/3  3   9/10

[spoiler=Initiative]

Jordan

Jacob

Jachart

Varon

Lena

Bywater

Marea

[spoiler=rolls]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724841/ oh my god marea you suck

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724842/ Bywater, however, is a boss

Edited by Furetchen

Amazingly, they weren't dead. Could they do this... they could do this! Lena had taken a bad hit, something they'd need to patch up quickly. Varon was the most vulnerable of the group, so he took to guarding him. Raising his shield in front of him, Tordel said;

"Well, it looks like I'm part of this now, I can't believe you guys pulled this off... you're all crazy, just make sure you're behind me when you're not firing."

"Well, it looks like I'm part of this now, I can't believe you guys pulled this off... you're all crazy, just make sure you're behind me when you're not firing."

"Yes sir, Tordel!" Jordan was getting fired up. They weren't all dying. Lena had taken a hit but she didn't look all that bad after it, and one of the enemies had already gone down! They could win this!

Jordan fires at Bywater again, his first shot hitting the mark. But upon reloading, his second bolt springs out of the mechanism and sticks itself into a nearby tree. Better slow down on your reloading, Jordan...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724959/

8 + 17 = 25 -13 = hit

8 + 1 = 9 =13 = lol

Byawater takes 7 damage

Jacob's turn

Edited by seph1212

Jacob takes a deep breath. He closes his eyes for a moment, and wills his arrow to cut into his enemy. He can't let his allies down...!

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3725121/

7 + 6 = 13 - 13 = miss

The smoke makes it hard to see for certain, but the arrow obviously came very close to hitting, if it missed. He begins loading another arrow, and waits for another opening.

(OOC: Zero causes the attack to miss, right? I just want to be sure of that.)

Jachart's turn.

Edited by Strunk

JACHART

Jachart grits his teeth, determined to do better this time... he takes more determined aim this time, not bothering with placing bets, and fires true! Lena takes the quarrel right through the shoulder, for 6 damage.

Varon's turn.

Lena     Archer     7    7    7    4    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     13  10/13 8/3  5/4 12/11

Bywater  Archer     7    4    6    3    Broadsword Greatbow   n/a      Ringmail(3)     15  10/15 8/2  3   9/10

[spoiler=Initiative]

Jordan

Jacob

Jachart

Varon

Lena

Bywater

Marea

[spoiler=rolls]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725346/

Edited by Furetchen

Varon took a moment out of his pyromania to do what people think he's around for, lest he get berated for letting people die.

Varon uses Poultice on Lena.

Lena recovers 8HP and is on 21.

LENA'S TURN

As visibility clears a bit, Jacob realizes his arrow had, in fact, missed the target. Realizing the enemies are all preparing to fire, he steps out from the miniscule cover he'd been hiding behind, providing a seemingly easier target.

Lena is Poulticed by Varon for -8 damage! She smiles and thanks him, telling him she'll be fine, before she takes an arrow out and shoots at Bywater because... it's an odd name... Even though she doesn't know the other people's names.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725914/

Hit! Lena deals 10 damage to Bywater!

Jack saw Jacob step out from his cover and groaned to himself. What in the... UGH! He stood up, and took a flying leap at the scout. "GET DOWN YOU FOOL!" After they crash to the ground, he continues yelling at the archers. "You guys need to stop making targets of yourself. Dodge, hunker down! We only have one person who can help fix your wounds here. Don't be stupid!"

MAREA AND BYWATER

Both archers have been taking careful aim and focus on Power Shots. (the phase ends, and they strike first on the next, so...) Marea manages to capitalise it, and her shot arcs perfectly through the sky, taking Lena through the breast for 12 damage, but Bywater is momentarily distracted by the sight of Jacob being tackled to the ground, and perhaps a little by all of his injuries, and totally fluffs the shot.

[spoiler=OOC - Over Skype]'also I'm not gonna be here for most of the day tomorrow so if combat comes up just have Jordan attack dudes unless he is in imminent danger of dying in which case hide himmmmmmm'

JORDAN

Jordan manages to still see clearly through the fog, snaps another bolt into his bow and sends it flying into Bywater's throat for a fatal 7 damage.

Jacob's turn.

Lena     Archer     7    7    7    4    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     9   10/13 8/3  5/4 12/11

[spoiler=Initiative]

Jordan

Jacob

Jachart

Varon

Lena

Bywater

Marea

[spoiler=rolls]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725920/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725919/

Edited by Furetchen

Jacob scowls as he sees yet another arrow cut into Lena. He turns to Jack and whispers into his ear..

"Damn it, Jack, I was trying to distract them from shooting her. Even if they both managed to hit me through the smoke, I'd probably be better off than she is now..."

He stands up quickly and begins aiming at Jachart. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself, and lets the arrow fly toward the man's chest.

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3725935/

7 + 16 = 23 - 12 = hit

The arrow connects, causing a decent injury, but unfortunately not slaying the man. Jachart takes 9 damage, leaving him with 10 HP.

Jachart's turn.

JACHART

With a lack of better targets, Jachart just settles for feathering Lena again, hitting for another 6.

Lena     Archer     7    7    7    4    Broadsword Longbow    n/a      Ringmail(3)     3   10/13 8/3  5/4 12/11

Jachart  Scout      4    3    7    6    Broadsword Crossbow   buckler  Ringmail(3)     10  7/9   8/7  9/6 18/16

[spoiler=Initiative]

Jordan

Jacob

Jachart

Varon

Lena

Marea

[spoiler=rolls]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725962/

Marea spits. "This is useless! We have to get out of he-"

Suddenly she falls, head split by a throwing axe. Panicking, Jachart turns only to be cut down by a vicious axe-blow. The Othidian line is broken... the day is won.

The first rider slowly makes his way over to your group, the wolf loping towards you... you wonder if he can smell Lena's blood. He is resplendent in silver-gilt field plate, if somewhat battered and scratched, with a scuffed blue cloak. He slowly removes his horned greathelm to reveal a broad, bearded face with thinning, greying brown hair and a reasonably deep cut just above his right eye - not fresh, but certainly recent. "You're not among my men," he growls, deeply. "Who the hell are you? And where in Tarthaj's holy name did you find those prisoners?"

Henry looks up. "Looks like you've found your man. Randel, is it?"

"It is. Who the hell are you?"

"My name's Henry Cavell, and this is my idiot brother. Would it be too much to ask to ransom me as quickly as possible? I tire of being tied to this sorry excuse for a knight."

Krace shifts in the chains. "Your bowman appears gravely wounded. If you trust me to, I can aid her."

"Yes, do that," says Henry, off-handedly. "But doubtless you've a lot of catching up to do with your men here. Please, do go on."

Randel looks at you with a mixture of bewilderment, respect and disappointment.

Edited by Furetchen

Jack glared at Jacob. "She needs to get down too. If she was smart she would've ducked down after shooting their guys. But you were being stupid. If all of them had hit you, you might not have lived. I'd rather save one smart guy than possibly lose two people. I understand what you were doing, but I didn't want to risk losing both of you. We might still lose her even if she doesn't get hit again. Now stay down this time."

After Randel rode up, Jack straightened up and bowed. "My name is Jack. We are survivors of previous battles that had banded together and came to find you. When we saw you being attacked, we decided we could take the opportunity to try and aid you as best we could. We thankfully have some good shots in our group and were able to take out their general. Thank you for helping us when you did. Without you, we may have lost Lena here. We've brought along these prisoners for you to deal with as you see fit. We found them near our camp after some of our men captured them. We had hoped that you would be able to aid us, however along the way we have discovered that someone in our camp has betrayed us and our position to the enemy. As such, we are unsure as what we should do next. Perhaps you can direct us as you see fit."

Turning to Krace, Jack nodded. "You, and just you, shall be set free for now. You shall help her but under the supervision of Varon. So don't try any funny business."

Edited by scorri

As the man that seems to be their salvation rides up to meet them, Jacob backs away a bit, shrouding himself in the shadow of a nearby tree, trying to make himself seem less important.

He carefully listens to the exchange between the prisoners, Jack, and Randal. He puts his crossbow away, but keeps his hand on the hilt of his blade, just in case anything should happen.

Edited by Strunk

Lena had taken several hits, she was likely on the brink of death. If only she'd followed his own and Jack's recommendations. He'd leave the talk to Jack, he needed to tend to his men.

"Lena, this is what I meant. War is no game, those are some serious wounds you've picked up. Varon, come and see what you can do for her... the rest of you, well done. My only regret is that I wasn't able to aid you in the attack."

He looked over at Jordan and Jacob, the boys had done well.

Jordan hadn't noticed Lena, he was in awe of the towering man that had ridden up to him. Crossbow in hand, still loaded (he had found keeping it loaded at all times to be useful), he walked up, a bit behind Jack. "I-It's as he says, sir. We were sent to help out, but it looks like you helped us more. The man who sent us was Chisford, you wouldn't happen to know him, would you?" Jordan found himself staring at Randel's armor, quite impressed by the overall look of the man. He seemed really important.