Potential fan Trainees?

I, for one, like the trainee units, especially once they get to their second promotion - Berserker Ross and General Amelia, in particular, are my Saint and Goddess of Destruction respectively, while Druid Ewan is my Archduke of Epicness.

Anyway, while I was thinking about a possible FE8 fanfic idea - unrelated to this, but my train of thought got derailed and wound up here - I wondered about other trainees. We got Pupil, the Anima/Dark trainee; Journeyman, the Axe trainee; and Recruit, the Lance trainee.

However, for the other classes, there are promotion trees that could have been, but weren't. What about a Sword trainee, who can become either a Mercenary or a Myrmidon? A Stave/Light trainee, who becomes either a Cleric/Priest (of the Stave-using sort) or a Priest (of the Light tome-wielding sort)? And what about a Flight trainee, who goes on to ride either a Pegasus or a Dragon?

And that is why I created this topic - to find other trainee fans, and discuss with them possible class names for these three new trainees, as well as possibly creating characters out of them.

The trainees are classic Ests, but since I usually don't care for turns, I train them as much as I can.Sword user could be named "Swordsman," flier can be "Pegasus Flier" (a la Tear Ring Saga, I think it was) and Light user/healer can be a... can't think of anything.

Fun fact: Amelia originally was supposed to be the princess of Freila, and she was a pegasus knight like-trainee. She could either promote to Pegasus knight of wyvern rider. The class was called 'Probation flier', or something.

Edited by ZM456

She also had her crappy 4 move in that Probation class. Really, I wish that the Trainees were done better and didn't suck so much without the Tower aside from my sexy man Ross. And I do believe that FE7x hasn a few Trainee classes planned, just let me look at it real quick.

Ah, here it is: http://www.bwdyeti.com/fe7x/units.html

Edited by Kon

> FE7 prequel

> Pegasus Knights description: "Cold-blooded predators of the skies, spear-wielding amazons with no concept of mercy."

> Florina in FE7

Yeah still don't get that. :P

I called it that someone would eventually point out the trainee classes from FE7x after reading the first post. XD

Eh, I wasn't too fond of trainees. Sure, they have the potential to end up being really good, but they're so difficult to level up because they start out so weak compared to everyone else. I honestly prefer RD's third tier system.

If IS can make it to where trainees are a little easier to train, then I wouldn't mind seeing the system return with some new trainee units.

I like Ewan as a Trainee.

I think the Rider Trainee can be called a Squire. More fitting, since he does not get to ride on any mounts yet.

Swords Trainee can be Beginner?

Light Trainee (cause Staves makes it hard to train them) can be Believer?

I would have liked the Trainees more if they actually had amazing growths, it could be really fun (even if still not worth it in LTC). The way it is, I have to go through the pain of training Amelia/Ewan for nine levels... to get a Lv1 Franz/Lute with slightly better bases, slightly worse growths and still being way underleveled? No, thanks. Ross is slightly better for coming earlier, though. Now, considering a game where trainees would have amazing growths, I would love all kinds of trainees... except a trainee with staves. Unless staves gave more Exp.

PS: This FE7x game is interesting. Those classes are... definitely different.

I agree, those classes are definitely different and unique. Interestingly enough, I also created a new class called the Scout, but my version is entirely different from the one in that fan game. xP

If anyone ever did a Song of Ice and Fire hack, i would have trainee classes.

Squire (for Knight and Mounted units)

Student (For a Maester class which would be very similar to a healing class)

Acolyte (For the Faceless Man class which would be very similar to Assassin. Hai Arya!)

Black Brother (for a Ranger class which would have similarities to the Merc/Hero class)

Stormborn (Daenerys's class which upon promotion...would end up like an uber Wyvern Lord class)

Man...i wish i knew how to hack...

Hey, at least your story can be made into a hack, lol. Mine can't because it uses features from RD that aren't found in the GBA games, like skills and climbing ledges. Its maps also would sometimes use custom tiles or tilesets. Not to mention the laguz, lol. I don't even know how to hack either though, haha. But I don't mind, I have enough fun making a comic series instead. x3

> FE7 prequel

> Pegasus Knights description: "Cold-blooded predators of the skies, spear-wielding amazons with no concept of mercy."

> Florina in FE7

Yeah still don't get that. :P

FE characters tend to rather cold-blooded.

Not many of them really talk about how hard the whole killing people thing is on them except for the Lords, at times, and Rolf and Mist in their FE9 supports for example. >_>

FE characters tend to rather cold-blooded.

Not many of them really talk about how hard the whole killing people thing is on them except for the Lords, at times, and Rolf and Mist in their FE9 supports for example. >_>

Yeah, but some are more cold-blooded than others. Take Raven compared to Lucius, for instance.

Edited by Might Gaine

FE characters tend to rather cold-blooded. Not many of them really talk about how hard the whole killing people thing is on them except for the Lords, at times, and Rolf and Mist in their FE9 supports for example. >_>

I don't really think they're cold-blooded. More of, they know they'll have to kill to proceed on, yet, they dislike it and they know that if they talk about how killing is actually hard for them, they might actually end up hesitating the next time they have to kill someone, so they just ignore that feeling.

I think Hector's the most cold-blooded. Remember Chapter 11 (or was it 10 or 12?), when he went to Santaruz to meet Eliwood? He just cut down that Soldier just for him being in the way. I think that's actually more villainous and cold-blooded than some of the villains themselves. He actually knew he was killing the Soldier and did it without a single care or regret. That and Hector loves violence, in a way (based on what Uther said about Hector being involved with more violence).

Edited by MancerNecro

If anyone ever did a Song of Ice and Fire hack, i would have trainee classes.

Squire (for Knight and Mounted units)

Student (For a Maester class which would be very similar to a healing class)

Acolyte (For the Faceless Man class which would be very similar to Assassin. Hai Arya!)

Black Brother (for a Ranger class which would have similarities to the Merc/Hero class)

Stormborn (Daenerys's class which upon promotion...would end up like an uber Wyvern Lord class)

Man...i wish i knew how to hack...

You could always find someone else to do the hacking (is aware that's easier said than done).

On-topic, I always thought trainees were a neat idea, badly implemented. Like Axie said, their growths are too low.

Hey, at least your story can be made into a hack, lol.

You know...i really dont know if A Song of Ice and Fire could be made into a hack and be totally gr9mazing. So many characters are story heavy and arent really combative. (Sansa, Bran, etc) It would be HELLA hard too. And so many classes...so many...So much dialogue...

You could always find someone else to do the hacking (is aware that's easier said than done).

Hehe...nah. Its cool. It would never get finished.

Hey, at least your story can be made into a hack, lol. Mine can't because it uses features from RD that aren't found in the GBA games, like skills and climbing ledges. Its maps also would sometimes use custom tiles or tilesets. Not to mention the laguz, lol. I don't even know how to hack either though, haha. But I don't mind, I have enough fun making a comic series instead. x3

You rang?

Oh and for laguz: 3.00 into the video. ;)

http://www.youtube.

com/watch?v=tibhK8tjLyI

Don't underestimate hackers and their capabilities, for they are awesome. =]

That's not a hack.

Oh and for laguz: 3.00 into the video. ;)

That Caineghis animation transforms and detransforms every attack... that includes double attacks. Not really practical.

It's about as practical as having a tank:

Edited by shadowofchaos

Speaking of FE10, the entire Dawn Brigade might as well have been considered trainees (exempting people like Sothe).

That FE7 prequel looks interesting but it only seems to have trial maps and the project may have died. Not sure about the last part.

more like yeti can't be bothered to update with stuff that doesn't make any visible progress

totally not just saying that because of my overtroll pre-copy