Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZtRbLlP.png

Lumi aced the designs for Clara, Darcy and Adelaide. The Wrys was a collaboration between AthenaWyrm and Niharu. I'm going to post a video explaining the choice in detail once I get the frames, but these are your picks after Chapter 1. Mage, Pirate, Recruit, Curate. Which one do you think you'll choose?

Edited by Arch

Damn, they're pretty badass! Guess that means Darros is demoted to NPC.

Why does Marth still use Eliwood's animations?

Excuse me?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35631&p=3179618

This has been in the request topic for quite a while now.

I should probably've PM'd it to you first.

Checked the topic, the animation isn't working? Not sure if this is a browser thing, or because it's actually broken. . .but perhaps that's why it's not used?

Excuse me?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35631&p=3179618

This has been in the request topic for quite a while now.

I should probably've PM'd it to you first.

That's...rather snippy of you.

That looks like a recolor of Great Mizuti's Eliwood. Same stance and all.

Edited by Siuloir

Chose Clara in my current run, though I'l propably take Darcy/Darros next time I play through, since axe users are always welcome. On another note, what's the plan with Wolf and Edwyn? Are they going to get the kind of growths Wolf and Sedgar have in New Mystery or Shadow Dragon? Just interested about that, since I don't recall anything about that in either this thread or the FEU page.

Really? What a coincidence. As if other Marth sprites don't already have that pose.

Really? What a coincidence. As if other Marth sprites don't already have that pose.

Most copy the exact same sprite sheet, I'd wager. It is noticeable by the fact that they're all holding Eliwood's sword.

ac2dc52e39e0de2d72e6792c2e376835.png

Yours is closer to base Eliwood actually, just with his wrist reversed and a pixel thicker blade.

Are you just pixelling over Eliwood's movements to make him look like Marth, or are you doing entirely new frames?

Edited by Siuloir

As if other Marth sprites don't already have that pose.

Well, this is an incredible opportunity to not do that, isn't it? (No, seriously, if he's getting a custom animation, doing something a little different, which is Arch's definite intent with this remake, wouldn't hurt)

Edited by L95

Most copy the exact same sprite sheet, I'd wager. It is noticeable by the fact that they're all holding Eliwood's sword.

ac2dc52e39e0de2d72e6792c2e376835.png

Yours is closer to base Eliwood actually, just with his wrist reversed and a pixel thicker blade.

Are you just pixelling over Eliwood's movements to make him look like Marth, or are you doing entirely new frames?

Mostly new frames (with some bits of Ephraim) and entirely new frames for the critical animation. As if all other Marth animations out there didn't move like in FEDS.

9DLut5V.pngXDgatmL.gif

[This is what I get for moving/deleting stuff in imgur. The normal attack frames here don't match the gif.]

I actually built this one off a really old sprite I made years ago. This particular sprite really was an edit of Eliwood.

Mh1xRKQ.png

I changed the design because, unlike Roy, I wanted the animation to stay true to the mug that's in use.

For the record, I intend to have Marth hold the Falchion for his promoted animation in a similar sense to Eirika with Sieglinde.

Well, this is an incredible opportunity to not do that, isn't it? (No, seriously, if he's getting a custom animation, doing something a little different, which is Arch's definite intent with this remake, wouldn't hurt)

Problem is I don't know how else to move him. Getting him to move like in FEDS was all I could think of. (not to mention a lot of people are familiar with that particular movement)

Edited by Kiseki

I'd recommend not using as much Ephraim simply because Ephraim is a very recycled animations (bits of him appear in a lot of other lance user customs for example, and his movements are pretty readily identifiable.) If you're just splicing, take some Roy and mingle it in there, and some Eirika - Both have lunging motions and are less used.

Edited by Siuloir

As I said, the critical animation and the rest of the normal attack will be different (if not completely new).

I'm actually considering using a bit of Roy/Eirika for the returning animation.

Edited by Kiseki

I chose Adelaide before and now seeing her face with them freckles I'll choose her all over again. What does she promote too?

Her promotion depends on the item you use:

Knight Crest -> Knight (Sword/Axe)

Hero Crest -> Mercenary (Sword)

Orion's Bolt -> Archer (Bow)

Coat of Arms -> Soldier (Lance)

Elysian Whip -> Pegasus Knt (Lance)

Drake Horn -> Dracoknight (Axe)

Despoil Seal -> Brigand (Axe)

Guiding Ring -> Acolyte (Light)

Sorry Kiseki, I miss things sometimes (read: a lot).

Edited by Arch

ZtRbLlP.png

Lumi aced the designs for Clara, Darcy and Adelaide. The Wrys was a collaboration between AthenaWyrm and Niharu. I'm going to post a video explaining the choice in detail once I get the frames, but these are your picks after Chapter 1. Mage, Pirate, Recruit, Curate. Which one do you think you'll choose?

oh, Wrys was me and Nih, not Ath :1 (our colors are kinda similar on the sheet~)

Edited by Mewthos

Ooops. Sowwy.

That's some pretty good timing though, I was just about to post some screens of Wrys (and minor updates).

AAwdUER.png

That's...rather snippy of you.

I disagree entirely, it just looks like he grabbed Eliwood and coloured over it (an acceptable practise) and reversed the direction of the sword.

So Adelaide is the practically the most customisable in this game. What will happen to her weapon rank. Will it start as E rank. And will she have a unique female barbarian and beserker sprite, because she doesn't look real buff like Darcy.

I disagree entirely, it just looks like he grabbed Eliwood and coloured over it (an acceptable practise)

For you maybe.

I mean, if you're gonna do a lord animation, might as well go all out. You can even splice battlesprites as readily as you can mugs.

Edited by Siuloir