Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

Seriously couldn't we just make them gender bend, pretend this is an AU, and just leave it at that each of the characters are just that universes version of the male counterparts? is that really that hard to accept? can we have a vote?

idk I actually like Arch's explanations

and I mean most of the characters are blank slates (Rikard in BSFE aside) so It's not like keeping the same characters vs. Replacing them with OC's will make all that much difference.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk I actually like Arch's explanations

and I mean most of the characters are blank slates (Rikard in BSFE aside) so It's not like keeping the same characters vs. Replacing them with OC's will make all that much difference.

but it will though cause lets face it trying to fit ocs into an already established universe is a futile task and the resulting ocs will always be inferior to the original characters, then to make the original characters seem more comparable to the ocs writing precedence is placed on the ocs leading to poor characterization of the original characters. simply leaving it as genderbends and or just keeping original genders simplify's the writing allowing an author that is writing fiction in an already established universe more time to simply flesh out the characters. arch already has good bases with the original characters, and having the gender swapped characters being different characters means different backgrounds that have to be established meaning the whole problem with the ocs in an already established universe rears its ugly head again. after all why fix whats broken and the original characters in fe1 though lacking in personality had background and firmly established roles already. add to the fact that the ocs will just be taking the roles of the original characters anyways and it just seems pointless in the end.

so please don't make them oc's just keep them as gender swapped versions of the original characters.

EDIT:

let me clarify i am not opposed to trying to fit in original characters if and only if measures are taken to make them blend in with the rest of the characters and not stand out in any specific way. i am opposed to replacing characters with ocs as why replace the characters when you have a perfectly usable base anyways, and if you say its cause there a different gender that's a stupid excuse and the gender the character is ultimately unimportant as long as the adhere to there character. and if you say cause some people might not like it that's also stupid as your saying people shouldn't take risks, and though some things one shouldn't do are in fact things they shouldn't do gender swapping the characters is not one of them.

Edited by ShinyPichu

Roshea: ...Can I really not just make him a girl?

B-but Roshea ;_;

Fine by me, tbh. I can see the positives.

List makes me look forward for how the story will be presented. I like it. : )

i just wanna say that it would be better for everyone if the characters with new genders just stayed as the same characters with new genders, thus saving arch time from having to explain who the characters are and what happened to the originals and lets just move on from the subject and accept that gender bends are a thing and totally fine.

Seriously couldn't we just make them gender bend, pretend this is an AU, and just leave it at that each of the characters are just that universes version of the male counterparts? is that really that hard to accept? can we have a vote?

Why would we have a vote? People other than Arch really have no say in this at the end of the day.

arch likes doing that tho'

go make your own fe1 with just gender swaps

he's proven with en that he can write ocs into existing settings well

i totally would if i didn't wanna make a fe1 remake.

also yes the ocs are okay but i do not trust anyone to make ocs that replace original cast characters, especially when the original characters are blank enough slates personality wise that creating personas would be no trouble for either gender, and when they already have perfectly usable backgrounds/history's, so in the end it just seems like a waste, a bother, and unnecessary to replace them instead of just calling them the original characters but with different genders.

Why would we have a vote? People other than Arch really have no say in this at the end of the day.

cause democracy/that's just seems to be the way things get done on serenes forest.

If you want more female characters, why not make Sheema playable? She's an NOC, canonically a usually-male class, and it wouldn't be difficult to find some reason for her to join Marth's army instead of doing whatever she was doing in FE1/FE11.

also yes the ocs are okay but i do not trust anyone to make ocs that replace original cast characters, especially when the original characters are blank enough slates personality wise that creating personas would be no trouble for either gender, and when they already have perfectly usable backgrounds/history's, so in the end it just seems like a waste, a bother, and unnecessary to replace them instead of just calling them the original characters but with different genders.

then don't trust anyone?

no skin off arch's back

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

personally, i will derive great enjoyment from this apparent wasteful, unnecessary bother

the simple solution is to make everyone agender

that way nobody gets buttmad about genderflips and shit

then don't trust anyone?

no skin off arch's back

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

personally, i will derive great enjoyment from this apparent wasteful, unnecessary bother

true but i will fight for this till the end cause its both something i feel strongly about and its always fun to argue a point.

If you want more female characters, why not make Sheema playable? She's an NOC, canonically a usually-male class, and it wouldn't be difficult to find some reason for her to join Marth's army instead of doing whatever she was doing in FE1/FE11.

I think this would be a pretty good idea, and Boney already threw a Sheema sprite at you. Though you would need to work it around Jiol, and I'm not quite sure how it would fit in story-wise.

and she's actually cool

Edited by Tryhard

cause democracy/that's just seems to be the way things get done on serenes forest.

Their backgrounds are often one or two lines.

Also I wasn't aware it was a Serenes Forest project. I guess I don't understand how the public gets a say in someone's hack.

Okay so here's the status of all the missing/cut characters:

Samson: Off with Sheema instead of wasting his life on a village feud with an Altean captain. Sheema might cameo so Samson could get a dialogue reference.

I think that's everybody?

Don't get what the point of cutting Samson is really. Like if you make Samson and Arran competent, you could actually have an interesting choice in picking one of them. Why remove that?

All of your other ones seem legit enough, though.

genderswap marth imo

IS already did that lol.

Roshea: ...Can I really not just make him a girl?

...Or:

Rose: A new recruit, joined about the same time as Roshea, and a better - or at least more balanced- fighter in general (Roshea blocks far too much and tends to miss every opening his opponent gives him. Rose on the other hand, actually strikes out on occasion.) Perhaps she even has the same ex-slave backstory as him. Both ended up guarding Nyna when Aurelis got attacked; Rose decided to bust out and bring word on the enemy composition to Hardin. Goodness knows what happened to Roshea, he's strangely gone missing when Hardin, Marth and the rest retake Castle Aurelis.

...Or perhaps he's been badly wounded as punishment for Rose's audacity, I don't know.

I'm generally disturbed by genderbending, I'd rather OC's. Even if said OC's are suspiciously similar substitutes, that would be sufficient for me.

Their backgrounds are often one or two lines.

Also I wasn't aware it was a Serenes Forest project. I guess I don't understand how the public gets a say in someone's hack.

still defined backgrounds, still a presence, still an identity, albeit not a very expanded one, but still an identity.

also the vote thing was just there to try to make my point of being upset i did not actually want a vote on the subject.

...Or:

Rose: A new recruit, joined about the same time as Roshea, and a better - or at least more balanced- fighter in general (Roshea blocks far too much and tends to miss every opening his opponent gives him. Rose on the other hand, actually strikes out on occasion.) Perhaps she even has the same ex-slave backstory as him. Both ended up guarding Nyna when Aurelis got attacked; Rose decided to bust out and bring word on the enemy composition to Hardin. Goodness knows what happened to Roshea, he's strangely gone missing when Hardin, Marth and the rest retake Castle Aurelis.

...Or perhaps he's been badly wounded as punishment for Rose's audacity, I don't know.

I'm generally disturbed by genderbending, I'd rather OC's. Even if said OC's are suspiciously similar substitutes, that would be sufficient for me.

but that is a gender bend just with tacked on baggage that is not needed for a minor character to explain the lack of presence of a original character. adding in new characters with extra baggage doesn't help writing it just hinders it, either just have gender bends that are not overly sexualized, or just outright make the original characters of that universe that they replace not exist cause there roles have other characters in them leading to gender bends anyways. defiantly don't have them all in the same universe either have em be gender bends or have the originals not exist.

Also are you still doing the TRS-esque thing of choosing an extra dude out of four people after the first chapter because that seemed like a cool idea.

Also are you still doing the TRS-esque thing of choosing an extra dude out of four people after the first chapter because that seemed like a cool idea.

pretty sure hes still doing that