Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

Well, we're gonna have Jake and Beck joining? That's the..."plan," I suppose. I intend to make Ballisticians a bit more useful as units. Perhaps throwing in a low-use killer ballista for them, probably an iron ballista equivalent as well. They definitely them more diversity with weaponry; the FE1/11/3/12 ballistae selection is basically just "this has more power and less hit than the last one," one standard that hits fliers, and a Ballistician-slayer.

I like that, like an armor/horse slayer like ballistae might be a thing? And I worded my question wrong, instead of making them archers locked to super long bows (or what ever people were saying, you're going to make an actual Ballistician class, right?

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we're gonna have Jake and Beck joining? That's the..."plan," I suppose. I intend to make Ballisticians a bit more useful as units. Perhaps throwing in a low-use killer ballista for them, probably an iron ballista equivalent as well. They definitely them more diversity with weaponry; the FE1/11/3/12 ballistae selection is basically just "this has more power and less hit than the last one," one standard that hits fliers, and a Ballistician-slayer.

Well that's all well and good, but will they be more significant of a threat? As in, not being able to place an armor knight just in it's range with a healer behind it and waiting X number of turns, healing when necessary.

I think that designing the map in a certain way and the placement of other enemies that you have to worry about can fix this.(the final chapter of shadow dragon is a good example)

EDIT: Oh god did I really do that

Edited by DavidSW

please tell me there are still javelins and hand axes in this game

they break after one use no matter what range it's at

unless you throw it at seven range, in which case it has infinite range

I think that designing the map in a certain way and the placement of other enemies that you have to worry about can fix this.(the final chapter of shadow dragon is a good example)

fe11's final chapter was really easy to just throw a super durable unit (wolf/zagaro) in and laugh

EDIT

Yes, there will be notable incentive to move quickly and not dawdle

Edited by CT075

I like that, like an armor/horse slayer like ballistae might be a thing? And I worded my question wrong, instead of making them archers locked to super long bows (or what ever people were saying, you're going to make an actual Ballistician class, right?

Yeah, of course we're keeping Ballisticians. Sploder's got a wonderful animation, and, no offense to whoever thought of it, but that alternative idea sounds like shit. Let's just keep the Ballisticians; I like the fact that FE1 has them, personally.

Well that's all well and good, but will they be more significant of a threat? As in, not being able to place an armor knight just in it's range with a healer behind it and waiting X number of turns, healing when necessary.

I mean, if you're just going to just adopt a wussy camping strategy to just stall until the ballistae aren't a threat, there's not much I can do to stop you. It's not that they aren't significant as a threat, it's just that crappy players can go out of their way to nullify that threat. I'll try my best to position the Ballisticians so that there'll at least be other enemies around their range to prevent this sort of camping, but that's about all I can do on this front.

Ballisticians are easy to defeat but their range is just unbelievable. I've an idea, give the Ballistician infinite range and max strength.

But in all seriousness, I'd be glad to see the ballistician in this hack.

Wow! How did it take so long for me to notice this! I talked on this thread but for some odd reason I didn't even pay attention to what it was even about! blink.gif This looks so awesome! Can't wait to see it in it's final form! Good luck. I'll be sure to keep in touch with this thread. biggrin.gif

Edited by Jagen

apparently most people do not actually like to be rushed through a map

• 2 months later...

Don't necropost.

Locked since this is like, the fourth necropost in it.

Arch, PM me or another mod when you want it reopened/have an update.

Edited by eCut

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Chapter 5 is a timed map?! These changes scare me, but in a good way. I'm glad to see that this is still going!

What's happening in that first shot?

What's happening in that first shot?

I assume it's a "choose an ally to fight for you" and others will either disappears forever or appears later.

I assume it's a "choose an ally to fight for you" and others will either disappears forever or appears later.

Yeah, that's it. It was shown in the FEE3 video last year. It's an homage to TRS.

Oh wow, it isn't dead. Can't wait to see this in action. Although between FE1, FE3 Book 1, and SD, I'm not sure how much more Marth

I can take.

wrt this: Is Edwyn Sedgar? Sorry if that was clarified earlier, it's been a while since I read through this thread.

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to promote gender equality.

xGDbSuX.png

See that Mage Knight? That's Edwyn, and Rasha (the replacement for Roshea).

Because having two earlygame high-growth prepromote Rangers kinda sucked without reclass.

Edited by Arch

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to promote gender equality.

xGDbSuX.png

See that Mage Knight? That's Edwyn, and Rasha (the replacement for Roshea).

ooh okay

I thought originally you were going to have a situation where you could either get Roshea+Sedgar or Wolf+Vyland or something like that

but this is nice because I dislike situations like that in FE

also is Rasha Rule 63'd as well?

Edit: also I just noticed you cut Rikard? Aw. :( He was one of my favourite characters thanks to BSFE.

Edited by shinpichu