Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

Well I remembered incorrectly then.

Regardless it would be easier to just do two patches if Arch really wanted to do it that way.

I'm reaaaaaaaaaally not gonna do two patches for name variations; I'll decide on one standard set for my project. If it bothers someone that much, they're perfectly free to go into FEditor, type in the name they despise, type in the replacement in the box below, and hit "Replace All."

However, I am interested in hearing opinions on Caeda vs. Shiida. I'm a Caeda fan myself; the double-i kinda bugs me, and "Caeda" is a pretty awesome localization, if you ask me. But, if there's an overwhelming "IT MUST BE SHIIDA YOU FUCKER," I guess I'll consider it. Because yeah, that's exactly what my topics need are debates about naming conventions.

P.S. This is the only name I'm really considering bucking the NoA standards for. Don't start bitching about Lorenz and Jeorge, plz.

Edited by Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't change who she is or what she does. If you do pick the name I'm not as used to, I'll just get used to her having two names. Therefore, I vote for "Name her whatever you want".

Therefore, I vote for "Name her whatever you want".

decision_zpsbfddb983.png

If you say so.

I'll probably just stick with Caeda, then. I'm not going back to Sheeda, and I don't like Shiida. If there were huddled masses of people screaming "SHIIDA" I'd of considered it but...yeah. People don't seem to care as much as I thought they would. Where's all of the outrage? The pages of argument? The vehement opposition, two sides pit in eternal combat? This name change business is supposed to spark firestorms. Oh how Serenes has fallen...

Or I could say "fuck it" and go with Sadie or some bullshit like that. We need a new meme-worthy name change.

Quick someone make a hack featuring Vergil the Name Confused Princess and her adventures with Marth the Gender Confused Aloof Lord.

Edited by Ubel Engel

I personally find it impossible to read "Caeda" as anything other than "Kay-dah".

While standing by that it apparently holds up in Japanese... yeah, that. I favour Shiida, but don't really care that much either way.

yeah "caeda" should properly be read as "kay-da" which is why i'm of the opinion it's incorrect but whatever

*kai-da, much as using the Latin pronunciation of Caesar, which her localized name references, gives kai-sar, or 'kaiser'. It's pretty much guaranteed the localization team was shooting for the long e see-da, though, matching her original name and the English pronunciation of Caesar (it is a localization)

so kay-da is fairly unlikely?

I pronounce it "Kah - Eh - Da", personally. I thought you pronounced everything in Latin...

...Anyway, just call her Supergirl and name her Pegasus Vergil.

No, seriously, the name of her Pegasus is clearly the most important thing right now, even if she change itat Promotion !