Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ch1.pngch2-1.png

Welp, Gomer's back to the pirate's life. We've also got some revisions to chapter 1 (not having two Pirate bosses in a row), since bandit opening chapters are kinda...dull.

How is that a good reason to skimp on animations? That's half of the people who it affects, if that's even a correct assumption.

Not a good enough reason to make an animation just for an early game boss. Hey, if you want to and actually make something that passes quality control, that'd be cool. Out of the animators I know, however, myself included, we either have school, existing projects, laziness, or some combination of the above to ever free up time to make the boss of the second chapter a custom animation.

They take a lot more time than making a portrait, you know.

Sticking with class animations or moving him to a class with animations that suit him better works fine, and Arch has done the latter anyway.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

ch1.pngch2-1.png

Welp, Gomer's back to the pirate's life. We've also got some revisions to chapter 1 (not having two Pirate bosses in a row), since bandit opening chapters are kinda...dull.

Macedonia decided to suddenly invade Talys? o_ô

Or is their monopoly on dragon knights retconned / something I made up?

Not a good enough reason to make an animation just for an early game boss. Hey, if you want to and actually make something that passes quality control, that'd be cool. Out of the animators I know, however, myself included, we either have school, existing projects, laziness, or some combination of the above to ever free up time to make the boss of the second chapter a custom animation.

I don't think that an early game boss would be fitting for a custom animation. My problem was that "half of the players play with animations off" is a bad argument in general.

How is that a good reason to skimp on animations? That's half of the people who it affects, if that's even a correct assumption.

if you'd like to submit something we're entirely open

I don't understand why the first boss was changed to a dragon knight of all things, but whatever, more exp. for Gordin(and it does make the bandits/pirates attacking senario a bit more interesting)

Edited by RayDavid99

Pirates using swords in FE? It's too realistic, don't do it.

The Princess Bride would have made for a better "Pirate vs Pirate" picture, imo.

Oh my God. You're right. How did I not think about that? I was even talking about it earlier that day. :facepalm:

Macedonia decided to suddenly invade Talys? o_ô

Or is their monopoly on dragon knights retconned / something I made up?

Maybe he ran off with/stole a wyvern? Pegasus Knights show up in Chapter 10, for example, and I don't think that's a heavy Macedon chapter (I don't remember Macedon being mentioned there at all).

Maybe he ran off with/stole a wyvern? Pegasus Knights show up in Chapter 10, for example, and I don't think that's a heavy Macedon chapter (I don't remember Macedon being mentioned there at all).

Chapter 10 of FE11 is Princess Minerva. I think the enemies there are Grustian? Though Grust and Macedon are allies and whatnot.

Really, I think Julian looks great, it's Navarre I can't get behind. His eyes have no emotion (and I swear if someone says that's how he normally looks I'ma sigh), and by that I mean they look empty, instead of carrying the bored look he normally does, and the hair coming down over his face looks really flat, like it's plastered onto his face instead of just falling over it.

Woo chapter 3 o 3 o

Really, I think Julian looks great, it's Navarre I can't get behind. His eyes have no emotion (and I swear if someone says that's how he normally looks I'ma sigh), and by that I mean they look empty, instead of carrying the bored look he normally does, and the hair coming down over his face looks really flat, like it's plastered onto his face instead of just falling over it.

Woo chapter 3 o 3 o

ah but you see arch wrote in a joke about the sprite, so it's ok!