Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

I think pegasus knights should have swords that they can survive multiple battles against axe users on the enemy phase.

I am glad that knights get multiple weapons though.(Now they can choke points even more effectively!)

Will generals get swords and/or bows?

There's another solution to getting Pegasus Knights to survive axe users on the enemy phase: keeping them out of range of axe users on the enemy phase.

Haven't decided what to do with Generals, but most likely picking up swords.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another solution to getting Pegasus Knights to survive axe users on the enemy phase: keeping them out of range of axe users on the enemy phase.

A pegasus best defense(not counting their good resistance) is it's ability to dodge. I would like Caeda to be able to effectively dodge weapons that can kill her in two(sometimes one) rounds. I'm already trying to keep out of reach of archers, sometimes lances even since she starts off so frail, adding axes to the list just makes things more annoying. What I should've mentioned before was I would like to fight axe users with a pegasus knight.

Also enemy peg knights are just pathetic. This can solved by tweaking their stats a bit, like giving them higher con so they won't be slowed down as much with lances, and giving them another weapon to work with would help too.

EDIT: Past me pls, you're such a scrub.

Edited by DavidSW

Becoming better at Fire Emblem makes enemy peg knights less pathetic, how exactly?

EDIT

Also, a pegasus knight being less useful than the rest of your party doesn't make it more difficult(at least not by much), it just makes that pegasus knight less useful than the rest of your party.

I'd say I'm pretty good at FE, and I enjoy being challenged(Thracia 776 is my favorite FE after all), but I don't find enemy peg knights or babying Caeda to very challenging, just annoying.

EDIT: Past me you're embarrassing yourself.

Edited by DavidSW

Don't have them fight axes

rescuing is what a peg does best anyway

EDIT: I missed enemy in your post but not every enemy type has to be ultra threatening. they make you place guys differently so your healers don't get wrecked, they don't have to double and fuck up all your dudes to play their part

Edited by Strider

Arch can buff them to his specifications without needing swords to do it

Pegasus Knights are already a very good player class no need to make them even better if you're bad at using them your fault

Edited by Zhuge Liang

I think that it would make sense to make cavalier have only one weapon on t1(you could have 4 varieties sword lance axe and bow(there should be an axe cavalier animation somewhere) as 2 makes them significantly more powerful as it grants them weapon triangle manipulation, something no other t1 class can lay claim to, and a mount, this makes them better then peg knights and dracoknights except in an ltc setting and also more practical then foot units

also you said you wanted to give armor knights axes and lances on t1 i like the idea of them receiving 2 weapons but as raydavid mentioned swords might be more practical early on, and having roger have a different set of weapons would make him more likely to be used as he would not just be a late coming draug he would be different, as to equipment on promotion would it be possible to have swords lances axes and bows

Edited by Cyron

I think I've done a poor a job explaining were I'm coming from here, I just stop now.(lance locked peg knights really isn't that big of a deal in hindsight)

On a different note, any ideas on how Ballisticians will be handled?

EDIT: Not explaining where you're coming from? You're a scrub who can't FE very well mate, that's pretty clear. Glad you're stopping though.

Edited by DavidSW

I think I've done a poor a job explaining were I'm coming from here, I just stop now.(lance locked peg knights really isn't that big of a deal in hindsight)

On a different note, any ideas on how Ballisticians will be handled?

well i think it could be awesome if arch made longbows archer/sniper locked and 3-10 range and then let the 2 playable ballisticians, jake and beck use their fe12 classes

I was being an idiot and not thinking before I posted with the ballistician part. They should be a seperate class(With the FE 6 ballistae animation perhaps?) that use long range "bows" that are for them only, regular bows would only be for archers/horsemen and any other class that uses them.

Edited by RayDavid99

I was being an idiot and not thinking before I posted with the ballistician part. They should be a seperate class(With the FE 6 ballistae animation perhaps?) that use long range "bows" that are for them only, regular bows would only be for archers/horsemen and any other class that uses them.

i realised that my suggestion was to replace the class with longbows that had 3-10 range and where essentially seige tomes

Edited by Cyron

That is literally one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

that is quite possibly true, but if they were set up like siege tomes it would work just like a physical seige tome and free up the 2-3 range slot for normal bows making archers more useful

The only way I could see that work would be if they worked like status staves, where being closer would increase accuracy. Even then, the accuracy change would have to be really big, like minus 15 hit per space.

Even then, balistae already do that.(Not the hit thing, obviously).

Edited by pichupal

why would it be an issue to make bows have a weapon that is essentially a physical seige tome be an issue, its fairly realistic bows can go pretty far in korean traditional archery your target is 150 yards away and the target is only 8ft in square

Edited by Cyron

because we have physical siege

they're called ballistae

the problem is not that archers do not have siege, it's that FE games don't make proper use of it. Obviously Arch just needs to make proper use of it.

please tell me there are still javelins and hand axes in this game

Javelins and Hand Axes are still here :P:. Honestly, trying to make realistic throwing weapons seems like more trouble than its worth, and is pretty much just presenting more junk for players to have to deal with. I actually buffed the Javelins a bit. Get on my level Serenes Emblem!

FE isn't realistic.

So instead of people just making shit up, what has the team planned to do about Jake and Beck when the time comes?

Well, we're gonna have Jake and Beck joining? That's the..."plan," I suppose. I intend to make Ballisticians a bit more useful as units. Perhaps throwing in a low-use killer ballista for them, probably an iron ballista equivalent as well. They definitely them more diversity with weaponry; the FE1/11/3/12 ballistae selection is basically just "this has more power and less hit than the last one," one standard that hits fliers, and a Ballistician-slayer.