Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

Okay, so essentially it's going to be: first one you talk to with Hardin gets recruited, and you can pick a second one at the end of the chapter as a reward for something. Someone's gotta stay behind to defend the king.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that sprite compilation sheet is the complete roster, I'm a slightly sad panda. :P:

Choice recruitment is one way to keep the monstrous Archanea cast down, and I look forward to that.

If that sprite compilation sheet is the complete roster, I'm a slightly sad panda. :P:

Choice recruitment is one way to keep the monstrous Archanea cast down, and I look forward to that.

Just for curiosity's sake, who's exclusion/what about it makes you feel all sad pandaish?

Because I'm not telling if that's the full roster.

Bring more character development in the supports. Please cover Abel's and Est's love, and bring more about the rage and vengeance Cain will bring, because he is my most favourite character [(his supports with Jagen will lead to develop his will to protect Marth, after losing Cornelius, leading him to become Altea's Knight Captain)please do this].

P.S OMGOSH, thanks for making this looks brilliant.

Edited by SonPancham

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to promote gender equality.

xGDbSuX.png

See that Mage Knight? That's Edwyn, and Rasha (the replacement for Roshea).

Because having two earlygame high-growth prepromote Rangers kinda sucked without reclass.

omgodscatdoyouknohowmuchthatseemsabsolutleyadorableandwolfandgenderbendsedcangetmarriedandhavebabiesright?

the choice recruit thing makes me a little wary but as long as the game is balanced around the idea of having multiple ways for certain unit setups then im okay.

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to promote gender equality.

xGDbSuX.png

See that Mage Knight? That's Edwyn, and Rasha (the replacement for Roshea).

Dammit Arch, I'll forgive you for replacing Daddy Sedgar with a fem Mage Knight. now I'm slightly more compelled to make that Fighter map sprite you want, hnng

should probably see if I can improve that Linde face sprite while I'm at it...

Is Marth going to have a promotion? I played through the whole of Shadow Dragon looking forward a promotion, but to no avail. But it should be custom and unique. He should not be mounted.

Edited by Baldo45

Who are Adelaide, Clara, Celine, and Regine? Why didn't you name Sedgar something close to his name? Why are Maris and Dice there? Is Maris going to be a mercenary or myrmidon? Are Jake and Beck going to be Ballisticians? Is there going to be a Trinity of Magic with Monks?

In the first post you said that FE1's cast was bloated, but you added some characters (some seeming to not be canon) to make a total of 60. Isn't that too much?

Are Manakete going to have multiple stones? Who did you cut from the roster?

Edited by GabrielKnight

I'd imagine that Celine is the Catria replacement, at least.

edit: whoops I never saw Catria was actually there muh bad, guess she's a bit earlier.

Edited by Tryhard

Who are Adelaide, Clara, Celine, and Regine?

Given their placement on the portrait chart, I'd assume that Clara and Adelaide are the as of yet unidentified Mage and recruit in the TRS homage. In fact I think that Clara was previously confirmed to be that Mage.

As for who is and isn't cut, I think it's pretty easy to tell based on the two docs he linked us. Athena looks gone, as does Rikard, and the group of soldiers imprisoned with Midia(sans Midia herself). Oh, and IIRC Arch said Bord and Cord would be cut.

Edit: Whoops, spoke too soon. Athena's back. Samson looks gone though.

Is Marth going to have a promotion? I played through the whole of Shadow Dragon looking forward a promotion, but to no avail. But it should be custom and unique. He should not be mounted.

Considerind Phase 4 of the "what I need" doc lists T2 animations for Marth, I'd say that it's safe to assume he'll be able to promote. Edited by shinpichu

Given their placement on the portrait chart, I'd assume that Clara and Adelaide are the as of yet unidentified Mage and recruit in the TRS homage. In fact I think that Clara was previously confirmed to be that Mage.

As for who is and isn't cut, I think it's pretty easy to tell based on the two docs he linked us. Athena looks gone, as does Rikard, and the group of soldiers imprisoned with Midia(sans Midia herself). Oh, and IIRC Arch said Bord and Cord would be cut.

Edit: Whoops, spoke too soon. Athena's back. Samson looks gone though.

Considerind Phase 4 of the "what I need" doc lists T2 animations for Marth, I'd say that it's safe to assume he'll be able to promote.

The canon characters could have been cut, or changed into other characters and renamed, like Sedgar -> Edwyn.

Regine is a prepromoted Rogue female variant of Rickard. Bord and Cord managed their way back into the cast. Here's the list of people who are flat-out gone: Dolph, Macellan, Tomas, Boah, Samson.

Celine is a Dark Mage. Original characters have largely been for the purpose of class diversity and gender balance (all 6 are female), and many are tied up with the limited unit selection mechanic. The game is being developed with that in mind, in order to cut down on the sheer number of playable units while improving unit diversity. There will only be 50 playable characters per playthrough.

Edited by Arch

Is there going to be a Trinity of Magic with Monks?

Anima/Light/Dark? Of course I'm leaving them split http://serenesforest.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif. Here's how that's going to happen. Obviously Mages will be Anima users, and Dark Mages/Sorcerors (from FE11) will be using Dark magic. Etzel will be repping the Dark magic, as will a new Dark Mage OC. Linde is switching over the the Light-side. She'll be a Light Mage, promoting to Sage. She might be the only T1 Light magic user, though. Wrys will have Light at base, and the Clerics will pick it up when they promote. Monks will probably stay in as an enemy-only Light magic clas.

(I'm assuming the info here is still accurate? It's a bit old so it might have changed)

Also, if this is true I assume Etzel and/or one of the OCs will be Dark Mages if some sort? though you know what they say about assuming...

Edit: suddenly, Arch.

Is the order of characters on that comp sheet indicative of their recruitment order?

Rikard's a girl now, huh? Wonder how this will affect her relationship with Julian...

Edited by shinpichu

So Athena is a lategame character now?

Oh, I just noticed Mannu is there. Is the Pyrathi chapter back? I remember you saying you were cutting it....

Also, will the Wing Spear work like in FE11+12 or will it do something different?

Also, will the Wing Spear work like in FE11+12 or will it do something different?

I was thinking of making it into a reaver instead of an infantry-slayer.

I was thinking of making it into a reaver instead of an infantry-slayer.

Oh, cool! That serms way more practical for her than a rapier expy.

Will more characters be getting PRFs? Seems like it'd be a good way to increase diversity.

Also, are you still taking support suggestions?

Edited by shinpichu

Is Maris going to be a mercenary or myrmidon? Are Jake and Beck going to be Ballisticians? Are Manakete going to have multiple stones?

Mercenary. Ballisticians. Maybe.

Having given it more thought and a recount, I think I'm going to re-cut Bord and Cord. Dice (who was going to be a Berserker) will now be the game's Brawler unit (GBAFE Fighter, whereas the Fighter class is FE10-style). Ymir will go Berserker (he was a Warrior originally).

And even with the changes I've made, it's still only a 37% female cast. With that in mind, I've decided to more liberally offer sex changes to characters who were cut in FE3 (Roger, Beck, Darros). Say hello to Rosaria, Beitrice, and Darcy.

Having given it more thought and a recount, I think I'm going to re-cut Bord and Cord. Dice (who was going to be a Berserker) will now be the game's Brawler unit (GBAFE Fighter, whereas the Fighter class is FE10-style). Ymir will go Berserker (he was a Warrior originally).

And even with the changes I've made, it's still only a 37% female cast. With that in mind, I've decided to more liberally offer sex changes to characters who were cut in FE3 (Roger, Beck, Darros). Say hello to Rosaria, Beitrice, and Darcy.

i look forward to an inspiring talk about love and boys between rosaria and cadea.

remember when making a gender bend they should still share qualitys of apperance of the original