Favorite Sentinel?

Favorite Sentinel.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Sentinel.

• Aran.
    • Nephenee, just because she had that rash. You know.
    • Danved, he fights like ten men. (And is not Devdan!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aran is good too but seriously lacks speed, really useful in the first part though

*facepalm*

He's not good at all. I even hesitate to call him 'useful'. Considering frontline combat is all he can offer, he starts out abysmal at it, and doesn't get much better with investment. His movement is nothing special, he's got poor HP, he's got poor speed, he's got poor evade, he's got a poor class, he's got poor resistance, he can't kill anything in one round except on very few select chapters when you need to explicitly favor him with stuff like Beastfoe, or a brave lance, or a horseslayer, that any number of superior characters could just wield to avoid counters altogether.......and even then they still aren't helping his bleh physical tanking ability. All this below average performance he has to build up. Why would I want this piece of shit around for long, let alone endgame? His many failings exacerbate him reaching third tier that much more. If I want a beorc tank, there's units out there who are always a lot better at it and have gigantic level leads plus weapon selections you can call extensive like Tauroneo, Gatrie, etc. Aran gets ditched with haste.

Fitting that his childhood friend is Laura. She sucks, too.

As good as Nephenee may be, however, I don't really think any sentinel is worth bringing into endgame. The class itself is too poor.

*facepalm*

He's not good at all. I even hesitate to call him 'useful'. Considering frontline combat is all he can offer, he starts out abysmal at it, and doesn't get much better with investment. His movement is nothing special, he's got poor HP, he's got poor speed, he's got poor evade, he's got a poor class, he's got poor resistance, he can't kill anything in one round except on very few select chapters when you need to explicitly favor him with stuff like Beastfoe, or a brave lance, or a horseslayer, that any number of superior characters could just wield to avoid counters altogether.......and even then they still aren't helping his bleh physical tanking ability. All this below average performance he has to build up. Why would I want this piece of shit around for long, let alone endgame? His many failings exacerbate him reaching third tier that much more. If I want a beorc tank, there's units out there who are always a lot better at it and have gigantic level leads plus weapon selections you can call extensive like Tauroneo, Gatrie, etc. Aran gets ditched with haste.

Fitting that his childhood friend is Laura. She sucks, too.

As good as Nephenee may be, however, I don't really think any sentinel is worth bringing into endgame. The class itself is too poor.

interesting theory, but you forget that Aran is tied for the highest Strength growth rate in the game so in reality he is slow, but his attacking and defending are phenomenal. And transfering data with Nephenee will actually get her to be even more of a lance goddess than what she already is

interesting theory, but you forget that Aran is tied for the highest Strength growth rate in the game so in reality he is slow, but his attacking and defending are phenomenal. And transfering data with Nephenee will actually get her to be even more of a lance goddess than what she already is

Transferring data can be too much of a hassle that some don't want to resort to, though. Nephenee is amazing without it, I don't know how someone can disagree.

nephenee all the way!!!!!!

she is uber cool and strong, and has a really awesome french sounding name!!!!!!!

how much better can it get? :lol:

damn. Even Nephenee can go beyond perfection, but so can Mia, Fiora, Micaiah, Mist, and all the other nicely arranged and colored pixels

Look more closely at the whole thing.

still not seein it... just tell me b4 Vincent sees how off topic this has gotten

Valtome's an official "he-she-it-thing." Along with Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist and one of the freshmen I have to deal with in my school's game design club. He says my voice sounds like a guy, but he really sounds like a girl (who is ON something). But I won't give you that rant right now.

Aran is only REALLY useful with bexp, which he he needs anyway because of his limited play time.

Danved is a good balanced soldier who isn't great, but isn't bad.

Nephenee wins.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Aran to be VERY useful in the DB because her team seriously needs a tank and Tauroneo is only around for about 2 chapters. (and Meg is most definatly NOT a tank) His speed as a bit of a problem, however. I had him premote in 1-F and I haven't reached the DB chapters in part 3, so I don't know how useful he will be there...

Nephenee is pure awesomeness, I had her solo the left side of 2-F (after Haar went off to do some hit and run in the centre)

I am planning on taking her to the final chapter, but there's something that's been bugging me, he skill and speed are awesome (data transfer) but her strength and defence are fairly average, (17 each at around level 8) will they get better?

And Dev..uh, Danved would have been somewhat OK if It wasn't for his terrible playtime, and he felt out of place in Geoffrey's Chrage as he was the only one without Canto.