Let's Play Fire Emblem: Awakening [JPN]

shadowofchaos

So RONERY. Just like Callum.

Nothing against Astra or your other guest, but I too like your solo recordings better. You can explain more and comment on the gameplay, which is really nice.

Don't get rid of them completely though, just remember you're a strong black woman who don't need no man.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure whether I understand Double that well... but at with the whole archer blocking your way thing, Vake could have given Fred to Viole to give him + 1 move, move Viole/Fred, switching to Fred to defeat the archer, then Krom/Sumia to get the thief.

Of course, the bad AI saved the day anyways, but.... would this even work?

And thanks for all the videos! Your Japanese is better then mine, at least.

Not sure whether I understand Double that well... but at with the whole archer blocking your way thing, Vake could have given Fred to Viole to give him + 1 move, move Viole/Fred, switching to Fred to defeat the archer, then Krom/Sumia to get the thief.

would this even work?

I didn't think of the +1 movement. I completely forgot about it. XD

So, yes, it would have worked.

As you can see, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Fire Emblem. I PUT SUMIA IN RANGE OF AN ARCHER.

They've reused some of them. If I remember right, FE4/6 have the same theme, and it might have shown up someplace else as well. So that one, at least, is more of a "standard" than FE7's, despite still being used in a small minority of the games.

Although, now that I think about it - SSBM came out before even FE6 was out. It was reusing the theme from a game earlier than FE7 - I think it was FE3. So yeah, Together We Ride does have a bit of a history as well, but nothing special to the series itself. The "standard" is still using a new theme.

Together we ride was only the recruitment theme for one game, just about every FE has a different recruitment theme anyway.

Why reuse one at this point?

Together we ride appears to have been used by at least three games in the series, FE7, FE11 and FE12... I think.

And it is super catchy. :3

It's used in 1, 3, 7, 11, and 12. Meaning, it has its origins in the first game. There are two versions in FE3, one for Book 1 and the other for Book 2.

Need to watch the new ep tonight!

And isn't there a variant in Super Smash Bros? (Not that it holds any bearing on the discussion....)

I meant to say, shadowofchaos, I am LOVING your LP. I really enjoy your commentary, it's excellent to see the game in action. Nintendo just aren't giving us our regular fix, but you're totally delivering - thank you!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiii!!! \(^o^)/ My weekend is goood! *goes to watch*

Thanks Shadow, I really appreciate all these vids - they must be a pain to do but I'm glad you take the time out to do them! Thanks!