[Nintendo Direct] First look at English localisation

VincentASM

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I can consider getting a 3DS in the near future. I'll really enjoy this game and look forward to seeing it be released.

Good thing I began preparations on my pairings yesterday. Now to practice away until the day comes...

I kinda like the voice acting, the characters get colorful voices and they fit the characters nicely, best of all, no one really had a voice that I'd have to bench them because I couldn't listen to it for the rest of the game.

So, when's the "Fire Emblem 3DS" text on the front page gonna be changed to "Awakening" now that the latter is definitely official?

Come on, people.

Vincent has a life too you know. Not to mention he's in a different time zone if you're looking from an American point of view.

Also I just watched the trailer.

It seems like "Krom's Vigilantes" have a nicer title:

KromJikeidan.png

"Shepherds":

FE13Shepherd.png

I like the sound of it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Robin - Considering MU's original given name was "Rufure," I'd say it kind of fits.

Reflet means reflection; Robin means fame. Both kinda suiting MU, although anytime I'd prefer Reflet.

Please don't ruin Nn, I like her...

*fingers crossed*

I wonder how will her tone (ending almost everything with desu, kinda like Suiseiseki) will be treated in the localization.

"I'm really feeling it!"

"YEAH Chrom! Get sucked in!"

"I'll fight until I vaike!"

"Frederick... do you think we should say something?"

"No... let's just act like it never happened."

"I guess Bron is over brains."

"I can't let that go."

"THE FACE! BURN HIS FACE!"

"What... what'd I do?"

I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

So after watching the FE portion of Nintendo direct for the millionth time, I realized you can actually here the cutscene voices.

I think I heard Chrom say Liz, and I heard Fauder laugh.

Chroms voice is kinda meh, IMO. lol

But I think I'm looking too hard, anyway.

Edited by L95

but I wonder if they plan to change his character slightly, giving people nicknames was a nice touch that makes him seem a little more in touch with his army.

Honestly, from the perspective of being used to the Japanese voice actors... Hearing Tomokazu Sugita's voice before reading lines like that... it would have made me cringe. So much.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Glad to see an english preview (not so glad on all the "x name is stupid" this will start)

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more of the voice work (which sounds a big step up from the Tellius games thus far). Either way, I'm going to enjoy this game.

Vaike time!