[Nintendo Direct] First look at English localisation

VincentASM

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote ♥♪!?.

I think she should get some random name that starts with N (Naetraerfaei <-keyboard gibberish), and people will just call her 'N' for short.

I'm a bit more curious about Female Mark, just because I don't think that'll work for an English speaking audience. Maybe some other androgynous name? Batman and Robin?

Ch isn't meant for that!

Yay, someone who agrees with me! "Ch" is meant for words such as "child".....

-complains about how silly/stupid the English language is- ....I despise the letter C. e.e If it's a "k" sound use a K. If it's an "s" sound use an S. Argh... Can't do anything about it, though; how long has the English language been in existence?

Reggie said a couple months, Christmas time is a couple of months. ;)

But seriously, i'm sad that I'll be in school whenever this comes out, so I won't get to just sit down and do nothing but play this until summer. :(

I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not but I don't think it is so i'm going to post it.

Gamestop actually has a release date set for Awakening, here, ofc I expect to date to get changed alot but I thought this was important enough to share. <_<

EDIT: fixed the link

Edited by mimgrim

I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not but I don't think it is so i'm going to post it.

Gamestop actually has a release date set for Awakening, here, ofc I expect to date to get changed alot but I thought this was important enough to share. <_<

It shows error on that link for the http part.

Wait? So it saids its really releasing on 3/31/2013 or is this an another mistake?

Edited by King Marth 64

It shows error on that link for the http part.

Wait? So it saids its really releasing on 3/31/2013 or is this an another mistake?

That's the end of Q1, right? If so, it's just the absolute latest the game would hit if it's slated for Q1. I expect it sometime in February myself.

Placeholder date. Don't pay any attention to it.

Gamestop does that a lot :v

Inb4 like Last Story where they change it 3 times.

Yeah, Gamestop always uses placeholder dates. But when the real release date is revealed, they're usually not too far off...

LOLno.

Sometime in April is generally their placeholder. I've seen april first on there more times you can imagine.

EDIT: So, upon closer inspection. The knight Sumia kills in the trailer says 'Damn' when he dies. Yay swear words.

:V

Edited by L95

LOLno.

Sometime in April is generally their placeholder. I've seen april first on there more times you can imagine.

EDIT: So, upon closer inspection. The knight Sumia kills in the trailer says 'Damn' when he dies. Yay swear words.

Damn is the lowest form of swear word (I don't actually know anyone in person who thinks of it as one). It's not like they're saying f*ck and sh*t (<- don't read that, children).

Just to be sure people know, Q1 in the calendar year is the beginning of January to the end of March. If it comes out in April, then it's in Q2, not Q1. And Reggie said 'a few months', which I hope doesn't translated to five months.

I've actually beein holding back on buying a 3DS until I know where Awakening is coming out first, so as not to run into bloody region lock.

I really, really want it to be Q1.

Edited by Onestep

Damn is the lowest form of swear word (I don't actually know anyone in person who thinks of it as one). It's not like they're saying f*ck and sh*t (<- don't read that, children).

Oh, wow. Like, not a curse at all? ._.

Not that it bothers me, but people here definitely consider it a swear. Not quite to the level of shit (which is only slightly worse than damn here.) F*** is definitely off limits though.(for those who care about swearing in the first place, anyway. lol)

I still get looks for saying crap sometimes, actually. :/

I blame the fact that you're in England.

I hope Q1, because April would be six months. Not five. (Unless I can't count???, or you didn't count october due to being so close to the end anyway ) I hope by 'a few' he meant three or four. Which is January(too early after the holidays) or February, (which seems like a better time)

Edited by L95

Oh, wow. Like, not a curse at all? ._.

Not that it bothers me, but people here definitely consider it a swear. Not quite to the level of shit (which is only slightly worse than damn here.) F*** is definitely off limits though.(for those who care about swearing in the first place, anyway. lol)

I still get looks for saying crap sometimes, actually. :/

I blame the fact that you're in England.

I hope Q1, because April would be six months. Not five. (Unless I can't count???, or you didn't count october due to being so close to the end anyway ) I hope by 'a few' he meant three or four. Which is January(too early after the holidays) or February, (which seems like a better time)

Yeah, I wasn't counting October.

And yeah, nobody in Scotland really seems to care about any swear word that's not f**k. They don't even seem to really consider it a swear word. I've never actually been to America, so I don't know. I guess it's a cultural thing?

Edited by Onestep

Yeah, I wasn't counting October.

And yeah, nobody in Scotland really seems to care about any swear word that's not f**k. They don't even seem to really consider it a swear word. I've never actually been to America, so I don't know. I guess it's a cultural thing?

I live in America and tend to say damn a few times, because I never really considered it a bad swear word. Then again you can't really consider me social at all, so don't take me that seriously when I said that. It's just my opinion on that word.

Well, they DO say "Kuso" in Japanese.

"Damn" is a legit translation. I don't think they're gonna go literal with "shit" like some fansubs do.

I consider damn a swear word, mainly because my parents consider it a swear word and wouldn't let me say it as a kid. Then again I grew up in a more conservative family and know people don't consider it a swear word, so it could go either way.