Filler 9p - Game Over

Prims

See, you're implying that I was keeping my vote on Snike because I believed he was mafia, which isn't true. I said that I wanted to vote Psych out. Just because I didn't change my vote doesn't mean that I was lying. I dunno, I guess you could read into that and see me as a scum, but I think that's pretty silly so w/e

i'll be gone for a couple hours so just a heads up

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, you're implying that I was keeping my vote on Snike because I believed he was mafia, which isn't true. I said that I wanted to vote Psych out. Just because I didn't change my vote doesn't mean that I was lying. I dunno, I guess you could read into that and see me as a scum, but I think that's pretty silly so w/e

i'll be gone for a couple hours so just a heads up

Well then you could have voted Psych then. If you think someone is scummy, you should try and get them lynched. It creates more reactions, even if it fails and this game sure as hell needs it.

Helios: I wouldn't say it was obvious that Lucina was the lynch target. Well, at least FMPOV, if more people had actually existed I probably would've tried to switch the lynch over to Psych pretty hard. So I don't see anything wrong with Psych being defensive. That being said, I dunno if I buy his idea that you and Jalmont scum. Well, at least with you. I feel like you're fairly townie right now. However...

Jalmont: There are a couple of things I don't like about your posts. For one thing, you're jumping on Psych for, as you say, reasons that everyone else has said. You are just as bad with the one liner posts. Your one post that has reads was a list post of one liners that basically either goes with what other people are saying or just waffles in such a way that you can cover yourself later. Like your position on Snike. "Does anyone else see this? No? Just me I guess..." And then you waved off Banana's point about your vote on Snike as just RVS *but* you left that vote there the whole phase. You didn't switch it even when there were people (like Psych) that you found more suspicious who also had votes on them.

I still don't like Psych, but I also want to give him more time to post things since he pointed out that he was asleep for most of the activity last phase whereas Jalmont was not.

##Vote:Jalmont

Welcome Bananas.

##Vote: Marth on the same basis of yesterday.

Psych is being defensive yes, but i don't think he is being too-defensive as if we didn't lynch Lucina you guys might have gone to him for alt lynch.

I dunno about the Helios/Jalmont scum buddies idea. Hasn't been much proof towards it other than Jalmont agreeing with Helios but thats not exactly scummy.

On the other hand, we could be in mylo so it might be in our best interest not to lynch as that will bring us to lylo and will bring us a better chance at taking out a maf.

I am perfectly okay with that and also wondering why I didn't do that sooner, but then remembered that I forgot the difference between MYLO and LYLO but Prims reminded me.

##Vote No Lynch

wait does prims even allow NL

>V-V-Votecount!

(2) Bluedoom - Serious Bananas, Rocker64

(1) Jalmont - scorri

(1) Psych - Helios

(1) No Lynch - Psych

Not Voting (2): Bluedoom, Jalmont

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to hammer. You have about 70 hours left in the day.

##Vote: Rocker64

That vote on me is pretty bad especially since Lucina flipped town, and since I know I'm town I can consider this the "Oh one of them flipped town so the other MUST flip scum" followed by a list post.

I never saw the case on Psych and still don't- he's playing his normal self and sort-of contributing. Helios is still suspect to me but there's not much to go on so this is more of guessing and maybe massclaiming later in this phase.

Jalmont's list post last phase was irking me but I've got not much time to read so I'll bbl later and post.

people asked me to post so i gave everyone a list that was just a rough outline of my thoughts at the time, if you didn't like it sorry, i hate lists as well but it's the better of two evils when you consider that and not posting.

The difference with my one-liners is that they actually have meaning instead of being inside jokes, but not everyone's a fan i suppose

Useful one liners huh? Hmm let me go look at that...

help i'm new how do i play
hey i've been staring at this tab for 4+ hours thinking of something to post and then continually getting distracted

expect more posts from me soon once i do some irl chores

yeah you're mafia is what i've decided
wanna fig?ht
i'm feeling the game out ok

gimme some time

i agree i must be mafia because i voted a player in the RVS how terrible of me i must be mafia

How are these helpful?

Also, this:

So ,here are my likely flawed are incorrect reads at this time.

makes me think that you put this here so that any point you can be like "Oh, that read wasn't really a good one, I even said that it was probably wrong. Don't blame me for it."

Yeah, I'm sticking with my vote.

I still don't like Psych' date=' but I also want to give him more time to post things since he pointed out that he was asleep for most of the activity last phase whereas Jalmont was not.[/quote']

i am unsure what you mean by this? i don't recall being on during most of the activity last phase but then again i am unsure as to what you mean? like when people were actively talking? if that's what you mean i don't think so, but i guess i could be wrong?

I can see why you think I might've been "waffling" or whatever but tbh it's way too early for anyone, well me at least, to make solid judgements on people. I just got a scum vibe on Snike for whatever reason and I was wrong. nbd

maybe i'm just bad at mafia for not reading into these small things lol

Useful one liners huh? Hmm let me go look at that...

How are these helpful?

Also, this:

makes me think that you put this here so that any point you can be like "Oh, that read wasn't really a good one, I even said that it was probably wrong. Don't blame me for it."

Yeah, I'm sticking with my vote.

I could argue on what is "useful" and whatever but from the one game i subbed into I noticed that people tended not to listen when I got all tl;dr so I'm trying to avoid that in the hopes that people will maybe actually listen to me this time :/

Like I said I find lists to be stupid and unhelpful but it was between that and being inactive so I posted a quick sum-up of my thoughts. I would never not take blame for something I said, but yeah that's pretty much whatever I guess,

@Scorri: You were literally the only person who voted Psych, and I think at the time Lucina already had like 3 or 4 votes on him. There was no chance of Psych getting lynched, especially the way the game was going at the time. Therefore, I still see it as a huge overreaction on his part. He's acting like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Also me not liking his Lucina vote is a smaller point really. Everyone else gave somewhat of a reason as to why they voted Lucina, and he didn't really so it kinda looked like he was jumping on the bandwagon. Also a lot of the time scum jump on the wagon "in the middle", as in they're not usually the first vote or last vote, but in the middle. That's not always the case but I feel like it's applying in this situation.

@SB: Well I don't think it has to be a scum!mayor, could be a town!mayor as well. It's potential MYLO after all. There could also be a bomb, night/day vig, PGO that hasn't claimed yet, an SK, or a secondary killing role for scum or something. I don't really think the last three I stated are possible, but the first few are possibilities to account for.

alright i've decided that i've been playing really bad up until this point, i'm going to take a break, come back and look at this, and try and provide some better insight

my last few posts have been crap and if i keep trying to post more i will continue to flood the threat with useless shit

sorry

So read through the thread again.

My immediate thoughts:

Ryuji and Bluedoom's fighting seemed to be village infighting.

I tried analyzing the voting patter on Lucina. It was hard to really find anything, as the lynch was started by now confirmed villager Snike. If I had to guess I would say that one of the following users that voted Lucina is likely mafia. However's it's difficult for me to pin-point who this might be seeing that

Ryuji-Kun's play has so far been confusing to me. On one hand I feel like he has been pro-village; he wanted to move past RVS, started discussions, and in general was prompting scum-hunting. Yet on the other hand, he's really been all over the place in his posting. I personally find emotion to be a village response (will explain if necessary, doesn't feel aplicable at the present moment), but it just seemed way to early to get emotional when no one was seriously considering to lynch him. He also had this post:

Hmm ... looks like I'm going to have to take another look at Psych, but honestly I'm not feeling that he's too scummy at the moment. This IS the guy who faked a posting restriction just because he could. >_<

While I know this is probably slightly hypocritical (in my defense I will say I have been mainly trolling up until this point), I want to say that he fails to give any reason why Psych is not scummy, while implicitly implying that because he faked a post restriction he is playing normal. I don't really think that really has any application in this situation, and I fail to see the point being made here, except that he isn't mafia because ??? It's too late to question him since he subbed but I'm interested in seeing how his sub will post. Right now, I think he's doing fine, except I dislike his read on me that I'm mafia because I didn't change my vote. I find it hard to read into something like that (for the record, not changing vote from RVS would not be a scum tell with the similar circumstances revolving around my vote) and I find that his posts so far have echoed what everyone has said so far, but perhaps that is to be expected. I find it interesting that he did not address any actions of the player he subbed in for, but that could be something that just doesn't happen in NOC.

Rocker's posts really bugged me, particularly this one.

Lucina's last post' date=' pretty much sealed the deal, though i would prefer a Marth lynch, Lucina has been pretty scummy as well. (Same as Jalmont for the same reasons but at least he eventually contributed.)

According to math 4 hours for when prims posted that should be in a few minutes or so. As such, imma hammer. Normally i would hate to cut off discussion, and quickhammer but i doubt anyone is going to pop in in the next 30 or so minutes to unvote/say anything, so... ##Unvote ##Vote: Lucina[/quote']

This post strikes me odd as I feel as if he is saying that It is also hard for me to believe that he mistook when deadline was, surely he would've checked beforehand? As a villager I feel as if a player would ensure that they would not hammer early with the fear being that they do not want to fuck up, so to speak. It feels like his hammer was rushed and that he did not take the time to properly check when deadline was. I also mentioned that I would be on 30 minutes before deadline, so assuming he did read that, why did you hammer so early? Something doesn't seem to be right in this post. I am unsure if you have played NOC before, if not, then could he perhaps be a first-time scum not knowing how to play? I don't know anyting about you, so I am probably dead wrong, but if I'm right first-time scum usually try avoiding posting as they have an instincitve fear of getting caught. Hopefully, this made sense, I can explain further if necessary.

I will say that the reason I believe I am struggling is that I'm used to playing NOC games where I have a much better sense of playstyles and what to expect from certain players and such; without that it becomes considerably harder for me to scumhunt. Do not take this as an excuse, I am saying that I am much better at this, and I will do my best to prove it to everyone!

Helios I hope this lives up to the expectations :]

Jalmont, you're seeming a lot less scummy to me now, but Helios still isn't in the clear.

I also think we should NL since otherwise it's possible for us to potentially lose in the night if there's a vig or a bomb or who knows what.

I say we lynch rocker cuz he's very scummy, his recent post is uh, just an echo of other opinions and its basic "its either this player or this for the lynch" mindset I mean has he even put in any effort in scumhunting?

and if my earlier post on Helios hadn't hinted it, I'm now thinking scum team may be Rocker/Helios. Yesssss

If we no lynch, we lose a townie, and we're still stuck with a decent chunk of the game looking horribly scummy. It's potential MYLO, but that could just be if the vig misfires, just say any town aligned killing roles don't do anything tonight. I could probably go for the lynch of anyone but Helios and scorri at this point really, somebody please start playing like a townie >.>

I skimmed back through since when I was catching up I was half asleep, and this caught my eye.

I don't blame scorri as much because she doesn't seem to have tunnel vision on me, but I'd say she probably isn't in the clear since she's considering a Lucina lynch.

I just know someone will bring up that I'm only posting about myself, but considering I'm the only content in the past two pages I think I am excused.

First off, Psych says scorri sort of looks bad, so he can easily slip to either side of the argument that would fit him if he was scum, and then the reason is because of who she wants to lynch. Except he's voting the same person. Really?

Then this whole preemptive defense thing, like he's expecting someone to attack him for it. I probably wouldn't have if you didn't bring it up, and then the "I'm the only content" defense feels about as effective as using self meta would.

Rereading made Marth probably third or fourth on my scumread list, there's something about Rocker I can't just pin down. Jalmont looks a bit better after these last few posts, but his earlier play still bugs me, this post reminds me of a game offsite, where a new player basically said he was unsure of what he was doing all game long, constantly saying he was probably wrong and he turned out to be scum. So this is essentially cemented into my mind as a scumtell. Also it's a listpost, yeah...

I could go for either of their lynches, but Psych looks a little bit worse to me, as Jalmont's play has been improving.

##Vote: Psych