anyone else seriously concerned about growth rates?

Nyarlathotep

just look at them, everyone looks like a non promoted wolf only worse. I thought FE8 was too easy but this is absurd .full level ups every time with someone like donny. does anyone know if the enemies are really strong or something, or is this game going to be a super casualized joke. I'm no asking for Thracian 776 but at least make losing a unit a possibility.

Enemies are stronger throughout and some of the DLC is apparently quite monstrous. Lunatic+ is by all measures... lunacy.

Also Growth rates matter somewhat less than you'd think in this game, as you can effectively infinitely level characters with time. Caps are the most important thing. Except on Lunatic and Lunatic+, where grinding is a bit more painful than you'd like and you need those speed stat ups ASAP to keep ahead of the game.

This is all second-hand from my roomate, but it sounds true enough.

You literally need lots of luck for Lunatic+. Some of the skills given (at random) to the enemies can make a level almost impossible to complete. The game becomes much easier once you pass the first 5 chapters because you have access to DLC and Spotpass chapters but Spotpass is almost useless due to it's ridiculous difficulty early game. The high level Spotpass characters are one of the most useful aspects in this difficulty mode though.

So... Does that make it harder than Lunatic Reverse in Shin Monshou no Nazo?

And if your team is filled up with Spotpass characters, then how about the rest of the units, the non-Spotpass ones?

From what I've heard, Lunatic Plus is the hardest mode in the series, correct me if I'm wrong, and it's not very easy to get a lot of spotpass characters. The strong ones either cost a ton of gold or are very strong, so you can't easily get them that early in the game, and the weaker ones aren't worth the trouble a lot of the time. The rest of the units may not be as insanely overpowered right when you get them, but at least you can actually get them.

Difficulty is there for a reason. Normal and Hard are jokes, and Lunatic is crazy. Throughout the series, Maniac (except FE10 Maniac, which introduces UI inconvenience and some other unrelated difficulties) hits the right spot IMO.

just look at them, everyone looks like a non promoted wolf only worse. I thought FE8 was too easy but this is absurd .full level ups every time with someone like donny. does anyone know if the enemies are really strong or something, or is this game going to be a super casualized joke. I'm no asking for Thracian 776 but at least make losing a unit a possibility.

Except that Thracia 776 had very high unit growths.

High unit growths don't mean much. FE10 and FE12 had very high unit growths, yet they offered a high degree of difficulty (very high in the case of FE12).

Also, it's a myth that FE8 had high unit growths. And even if it was true, what makes it easy is Seth, not Eirika having better growths than Lyn or whatever.

Donny is a terrible unit. The growths are just what add some fun for your trouble if you decide to go for it.

i am worried because that means i can't 0% growths harder difficulties =(

I'd be impressed if you could 0% growth any difficulty.

How many units make up an effective team? (e.g. ~14 in Shadow Dragon; ~11 in Shin Monshou no Nazo)

And how hard is Lunatic+ mode? Is it harder than Lunatic' (Reverse) in Shin Monshou no Nazo?

Final allows 16 units; other story chapters allow up to 15. I guess ~14 again if you're going by the amount you can deploy? Which is just a good idea.

And yes.

Except that Thracia 776 had very high unit growths.

High unit growths don't mean much. FE10 and FE12 had very high unit growths, yet they offered a high degree of difficulty (very high in the case of FE12).

Also, it's a myth that FE8 had high unit growths. And even if it was true, what makes it easy is Seth, not Eirika having better growths than Lyn or whatever.

what? how did thracia have high unit growths? it's all 30-40% on average while awakening is more like 60% with lots of abusable class swapping and the like. growths mean a lot in relation to enemy stats, if if Marcus had the growths of Frederick I could just slap an elixir on him and he would be invincible in fire emblem 7.

how is it a myth? look at the growth rates, every character is good and enemies are weak. Fredrick is stronger than seth.

I don't want to have to play on borderline stupid difficulties to get some sort of challenge out of the game.

fire emblem 10 was only hard at the beginning. growths were fairly high but so were enemy stats, but with the bonus exp nonsense the game became a joke half way though.

Meanwhile Thracia has stats that go up to 20 and Awakening has stats that can go past 50. Thracia also has scrolls that give massive bonuses to growth rates. It's all relative.

Making statements like "every character is good and enemies are weak" is just idiotic when you have such a weak understanding of the game. Frederick as good as Seth? Go on, show me something that can one-round Seth. Anything. Frederick? I had to stop bringing him in my Lunatic run because he eventually couldn't survive a single round with any enemy. And this was one of the characters that I held onto for most of the run up to that point because he was one of the best I had.

I had to drop Frederick sometime into a Hard Mode run because his speed couldn't catch up, and enemies somehow had double the stats they used to. Frederick falls behind really quickly.

Edited by Lord Raven

Meanwhile Thracia has stats that go up to 20 and Awakening has stats that can go past 50. Thracia also has scrolls that give massive bonuses to growth rates. It's all relative.

Making statements like "every character is good and enemies are weak" is just idiotic when you have such a weak understanding of the game. Frederick as good as Seth? Go on, show me something that can one-round Seth. Anything. Frederick? I had to stop bringing him in my Lunatic run because he eventually couldn't survive a single round with any enemy. And this was one of the characters that I held onto for most of the run up to that point because he was one of the best I had.

"every character is good and enemies are weak" was referring to sacred stones, I'm talking about the game on normal mode, not these new age bullshit hard difficulties they started putting in. you seem to have the game so are the growth rates not an issue on normal mode IE is it not like other games in the series where maps are littered with bandits and soldiers and enemies have ass stats? or s it just designed really well ( or not so well like thracia) with lot's of traps, hard objectives or enemy reinforcements to compensate? would you recommend I play if I want a slightly harder challenge than the gba series but isn't obsessed with the franchise and plan on replaying the game multiple times.

I guess "I can't beat this mode" = "bullshit hard mode"

Normal Mode can catch you off guard if, once again, you don't have a superpowered MU like I never seem to get. It's not hard, perse, but it has the ability to catch you off guard. Hard Mode catches you off guard but it's more punishing when it does.