colors

Percivalé

Ooh I was thinking it's cool how mine and Raven's fonts match what you see of us

So do you know what you see in Emerald? I hope we aren't overwhelming you by all asking you at once x3

Red with a hint of yellow is nice.

A past gf of mine (many years ago) said I was water with a hint of fire. Which is also interesting.

Someone said that I was fire. And then revised to say that I was earth. But, it's also possible that I am water (IMO). I'm DEFINITELY not metal or wood (deffinitely not). I would most like to be fire - but if I am, I wish I was from a different date. I'd also like to take this chicken home with me.

Edited by L1049

One of my friends is a synesthete and has pushed me out of rooms because there was Katy Perry music playing and it smelled so bad that she couldn't function enough to talk to me.

I can definitely see how it would be a cool thing sometimes but a disadvantage at others.

That'd sound hilarious if it didn't also sound like it could be a legit pain in the ass, wow. Did she say what it smelled like/compare the smell to anything?

Edited by Rehab

That'd sound hilarious if it didn't also sound like it could be a legit pain in the ass, wow. Did she say what it smelled like/compare the smell to anything?

Not really more than sensing stuff in general is, I think, except for people thinking you're nuts. I mean, there's plenty of uncomfortable things to sense no matter what, doesn't seem like it would be a big difference.

Nah, just KDANGER CSN WE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE LIKE RIGHT NOW

Not really more than sensing stuff in general is, I think, except for people thinking you're nuts. I mean, there's plenty of uncomfortable things to sense no matter what, doesn't seem like it would be a big difference.

I'm not synesthetic but I have some unrelated sensory processing issues that result in getting overloaded by sounds and sensations that most people wouldn't bat an eye at. It is pretty inconvenient to be more easily overwhelmed since a) peoples' reactions tend to go along the lines of "what kind of wuss are you, that's not even bad" and 2) extra sensory overload is obnoxious enough on its own. I'd imagine synesthesia could have some similar results when ordinary sensations map to really unpleasant ones? I dunno.

Yar, it definitely doesn't sound like a full negative, and I could see it being awesome and/or inspiring in a bunch of cases, but if it leads to somebody being the only person in a room being driven to distraction, I can imagine it would make somebody less than grateful for it.

I can't remember this happening more than once, but one day when I was doing small-group work in a senior high school math class, every sound I heard suddenly seemed much louder and more annoying than ever before. I don't know if it was depression or medication issues or just neurons rioting, but every pencil scratching paper, every whisper, every desk or person shifting, or just any sound that I wasn't making, suddenly seemed offensive, like every little sound I heard was the equivalent of somebody jabbing me with a pencil all up and down my spine.

It hadn't driven me quite crazy enough to make me think I could tell people to STOP MAKING THAT RACKET HOLY SHIT and not look like a total loon, because it probably wasn't really noisier than the average work session everybody had gotten through fine countless times before, and any other time everything might even have seemed basically silent! But I was so bafflingly* mad about it that I got pretty close to doing so, enough that eventually I indignantly lifted my desk out into the hallway about as passive-aggressively as I possibly could have, and worked in as close to total silence as I could get it, all without saying a word.

If I wasn't so filled with RIGHTEOUS FURY about ALL THAT NOISE at the time, I probably would have been embarrassed as hell about it, because I had no idea how to explain it. Synesthesia basically sounds awesome to me in most all its forms, but if it managed to make me go crazy over something nobody else could sense, I can similarly imagine getting negatively self-conscious of it. I love hearing about it regardless, though.

*(shut up firefox if that wasn't a word before it is one now)

Edited by Rehab

if you look at it correctly it's karel with a paper straw in his nose

does it really look that much like a straw

also uhh let me catch up on things (Aere you're kinda yellow-pink? like pink lemonade)