Heads up on ridiculous PS3 & Vita deal this month.

Tangerine

So Sony and Best Buy are offering a pretty ridiculous deal for Black Friday this month, for those looking to get a PS3 it's probably your best chance.

You get:

250 GB Super Slim PS3

InFamous 1

InFamous 2

InFamous: Festival of Blood

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

For $199. You save nearly $200 by buying this bundle, and all of these games are big titles.

They also have a Vita deal for $200, where you get the Vita + Call of Duty bundle. It's not quite as amazing of a deal as the PS3 one, but it's worth mentioning.

Thought I'd let anyone interested know, might not be too terrible of an early Christmas present, if you can manage to actually snag one; I think they'll be moving fast :O.

I've played all these games and can second that they're really good, especially the Uncharted series. This is actually a really really good deal, though I'm not sure if the super slim PS3s are super fragile as well.

i bought my ps3 two years too early

womp womp

I share your sentiment...except mine is one of the 2007 models. Backwards compatibility, aw yeah.

I might jump on that PS Vita deal. It all depends on whether or not I can get my PSP UMD's converted into files that can be played on a Vita. Seriously, I've got Gods Eater Burst, Dissidia 012, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Persona 2: Innocent Sin as UMD discs, and I'm sure as hell not re-buying those games on the PlayStation Store.

Edited by Karaszure

I can't help but suspect they did that precisely because of people like me. 8[

More than likely.

Personally I dislike having my game consoles (handheld or otherwise) branded with one particular game or series. Remember the N64 Pokemon/Pikachu version? I thought it was a monstrosity.

As far as games go the PS3 might be one of the best home consoles ever. I can only think of the PS1, PS2 and SNES that are comparable to its library at this point. The fact that you can play games from any region without a modded console is also a huge boon that expands your options. The new Super Robot Wars game comes to mind!

Even if new consoles come out soon it's unlikely that the PS4 will have PS3 compatibility. There really is no reason not to own a PS3 if you like games, especially at a bargain like this, regardless of the generation switch :P. It's going to take years for any new console to catch up to the PS3's library, it's not a bad idea to wait for several actual good games to come out for the new consoles and try to get them cheap, while enjoying this gen in the meantime :O.

Edited by Tangerine

As far as games go the PS3 might be one of the best home consoles ever. I can only think of the PS1, PS2 and SNES that are comparable to its library at this point. The fact that you can play games from any region without a modded console is also a huge boon that expands your options. The new Super Robot Wars game comes to mind!

Shame on you for forgetting the DS. It's the same gen and is region free, too.

DS isn't a home console. Plus I don't think its library compares to any of those systems to begin with. It has a lot of games, and some great ones, but it's not nearly as diverse as the PS home consoles or the SNES. They have ridiculously good titles in every genre. The DS loses to the SNES, PS1 and PS2 even in its strongest genre.

It is considerably better than the PSP though :P.

Edited by Tangerine

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up on the deal coming out this Friday, it seems I missed something else that comes with it; you also get a free subscription to PlayStation Plus. I don't know for how long it is, but it's a pretty neat boon; they have 3 month and 1 year versions, I'd assume it's the 3 month version in this bundle. They put free game trials up for a certain period of time for subscribers to play, exclusive game demos and premium DLC. LittleBigPlanet 2 and Resident Evil 5 are the most notable free games up right now. I would liken it to a rental service, I suppose. I'm also a bit confused about what stores are actually offering this deal, as I've primarily heard Best Buy, but now GameStop seems to be offering one too? I dunno, you may have to call around; it may even be possible that the PS+ deal is exclusive to one of the stores.

I have PS+ myself from a limited time promotional gimmick they had going on, not sure I'd pay for it myself. It's the same cost as xbox live for the yearly subscription.

Edited by Tangerine