Future DLC

MajorMajora

Just a thread to post ideas for future dlc.

I was thinking possibly a DLC set where you end up unlocking new class change options for specific classes. Here's an example:

Archsage class: Example: Any sage or dark knight of level 10 or higher may use a certain item to class change to the archsage class (levels 1-30, special class), which can use staves and dark magic. In this class 2 more skills are available, probably including dark blessing. You also unlock Athos as a level 20 archsage.

This could also be done with Marshall (Black knight), Seraph knight, saint, etc.

So, any other ideas?

I just came up with these ideas,three new classes, one based on magic and two based on weapons.

Archsage a magic class that could use dark tomes, regular tomes, and staves. The DLC character you could get could be Athos, Soren, or Gotoh

And for the weapon class I would think one of these two

Marshall an armoured unit represented by Hector or the Black Knight and can use every weapon, maybe the Eclipse skill

Or Master/Gold/Silver Knight a mounted user of all weapons, represented in the DLC by Eliwood or Sigurd

Edited by Knight

I just came up with these ideas,three new classes, one based on magic and two based on weapons.

Archsage a magic class that could use dark tomes, regular tomes, and staves. The DLC character you could get could be Athos, Soren, or Gotoh

And for the weapon class I would think one of these two

Marshall an armoured unit represented by Hector or the Black Knight and can use every weapon, maybe the Eclipse skill

Or Master/Gold/Silver Knight a mounted user of all weapons, represented in the DLC by Eliwood or Sigurd

Problem is that for some stupid reason classes can only have weapon ranks in up to 3 weapon types. No idea why.

Problem is that for some stupid reason classes can only have weapon ranks in up to 3 weapon types. No idea why.

Only room for three weapon icons on the stat screen.

It's just as well. No point in adding a class that only serves to obsolete others so decisively.

It was mentioned in the Second Batch of DLC thread, but I quite like the idea of a Christmas DLC. In Japan, it's more a time for couples to get romantic than a religious holiday and so it might work quite well in Awakening.

Edited by Onestep

It was mentioned in the Second Batch of DLC thread, but I quite like the idea of a Christmas DLC. In Japan, it's more a time for couples to get romantic than a religious holiday and so it might work quite well in Awakening.

...groom class?

The only class I'd really like to be made available is Soldier, so I'll be able to reclass Nephenee and Amelia into it. And also so Donny's lance rank isn't completely useless, but that's less of a concern to me.

As for characters...

:Joshua: :Joshua: :Joshua: :Joshua: :Joshua: would do nicely.

As far as DLC a "Christmas Pack Battle" featuring the Red and Green Knights of past games in an encounter would be nice, with the option of recruiting one of the many pairings after the match is over.

With Lyn there it's only fitting to see Sain and Kent as well, as far as I'm concerned.

And patching in a Tiamo X Krom support would be boss too. She's the third most populat character (not counting Avatar) and I think the reception to her was good enough for the IS to throw her and her fans a bone ;_;

And patching in a Tiamo X Krom support would be boss too. She's the third most populat character (not counting Avatar) and I think the reception to her was good enough for the IS to throw her and her fans a bone ;_;

How about DLC supports, which open a lot of extra supports and possibly endings between characters? All of the bonus spotpass characters could really use some more supports, regardless of paired endings, and some more supports between same gendered characters could be nice, too. Plus, of course, expanding Krom's and Sumia's support options, even if the new characters only get up to A instead of S. Krom should be able to become close to characters that join after chapter twelve, after all.

You can write to IS. Whether they listen to you is another thing.

Well, at least I can dream that a well done Joshua DLC with supports for at least a few characters (mainly Avatar, Ronku, and Grego) and be super awesome. I'm even drawing Joshua with some new designs for it.

.... I need a sense of reality.

How about DLC supports, which open a lot of extra supports and possibly endings between characters? All of the bonus spotpass characters could really use some more supports, regardless of paired endings, and some more supports between same gendered characters could be nice, too. Plus, of course, expanding Krom's and Sumia's support options, even if the new characters only get up to A instead of S. Krom should be able to become close to characters that join after chapter twelve, after all.

I think that if extra supports were possible, we'd be seeing them in these festival/beach/hot springs DLC. If they later release an actual DLC with new supports, it'll just make these even more pointless. Well, I guess not completely. They seem to be mostly for characters who already have supports between them, aside from a few exceptions. So, I guess a new DLC focused on conversations or supports could happen if it highlighted pairings that can't be supported usually.

However, although I would like to see new supports for the spotpass/DLC characters, I don't think it'll happen. Probably has to do with the whole "They're just modified My Units" thing.

Some of the conversations in the Talisman chapters with allied npcs seem almost like C level supports, like Azure/Mia - there's a conversation in RvB 2 where Azure tries his usual thing on Mia - and she actually accepts to his surprise - but then he learns that she was thinking about training, in the battlefield, and by the end she says that she'll go out with him if he can excel her in battle. And there's also the famous Lyn/Strategist/MyUnit one. Those seem like the type of conversation that would be followed up in later supports, but they'll never be due to how they're set up here. So, I would be happy with actual supports for past characters, but I don't think it'll happen considering how the game seems to be set up at this point.

Edited by NeonZ

I think that if extra supports were possible, we'd be seeing them in these festival/beach/hot springs DLC. If they later release an actual DLC with new supports, it'll just make these even more pointless. Unless the new supports are just for spotpass characters or something. I would like to see new supports for the spotpass/DLC characters though, but it likely isn't happening. Probably has to do with the whole "They're just modified My Units" thing.

Some of the conversations in the Talisman chapters with allied npcs seem almost like C level supports, like Azure/Mia - there's a conversation in RvB 2 where Azure tries his usual thing on Mia - and she actually accepts to his surprise - but then he learns that she was thinking about training, in the battlefield, and by the end she says that she'll go out with him if he can excel her in battle. And there's also the famous Lyn/Strategist/MyUnit one. Those seem like the type of conversation that would be followed up in later supports, but they'll never be due to how they're set up here.

While I do agree any DLC supports are extremely unlikely, it would still be nice if they added some in. Now, there are some characters that really need more. Sairi, Tiki, Paris, and the other charaters that only get endings with My Unit could all do with more supports, for instance. They are actual characters from this game, after all.

Well, at least I can dream that a well done Joshua DLC with supports for at least a few characters (mainly Avatar, Ronku, and Grego) and be super awesome. I'm even drawing Joshua with some new designs for it.

.... I need a sense of reality.

Nope. Intelligent Systems just needs a better sense of awesome Myrmidon appreciation. I don't think he'd even need supports; the character alone would be fine for me.

High School obv

I'unno. A "Play as the bad guys" DLC would be pretty cool. Getting loads and loads of expendable generic units, and then try to beat your own army.

...Awesome. And the blue army would still have the first turn, and your reinforcements would appear at the end of your turn. And every time you kill an enemy your heart breaks as they give their final words. And then when you finish the chapter you...get the Game Over screen?

I have an idea for a truly horrifying DLC. I'm not sure it's even possible, but...

An even harder difficulty mode.

(It would explain why the hardest DLC yet is called Ultimate Training.)

It makes sense. I mean, we can assume that UT4 will be the first 6-star map. And who stops at six stars rather than going all the way to seven? It does sound like it indicates another map set beyond it. I expected it to be FoD or a part of it, but even though it's not, that's not off the table.

Edited by Othin

How about a cosplay DLC where the characters dress up in costumes worn by previous characters from previous FE games complete with matching wigs. Some examples I thought of are, Olivia as Ninian, Chrom as Sigurd, and Richt as Lugh.

How about a cosplay DLC where the characters dress up in costumes worn by previous characters from previous FE games complete with matching wigs. Some examples I thought of are, Olivia as Ninian, Chrom as Sigurd, and Richt as Lugh.

Oh man, I wonder what will happen when a certain someone reads this. lol