How do you pronounce Rapier?

Gold Vanguard

I've always said it 'Raa-pee-er',and even knowing it's incorrect, I will continue to pronounce it that way, in much the same way I still pronounce Mia 'My-ah' instead of 'Me-ah' and Marcia 'Marsh-a' instead of 'Marr-see-a'.

Until I meet a real person with those names who dislikes my pronounciations, at least...

It's a real word that I used before I found FE, so the "proper" way.

Basically nailed it. Then again, as a kid I read this great big red encyclopedia named ARMS AND ARMOR, so I was a little bit of a sperg about it.

ray-pee-err

1suQl.png

dictionary.com if this was a question

Why... WHY did I laugh? XD

Must have weeb in here.

レイピア

REI-PEE-A

But... in all seriousness... what Kitty of Time there has with my name and "pee" in the same word.

in much the same way I still pronounce Mia 'My-ah' instead of 'Me-ah' and Marcia 'Marsh-a' instead of 'Marr-see-a'.

both of these are arguably acceptable.

chalk me up to the "had heard of it before FE" list (i probably pronounce it incorrectly anyway cause I do that for everything)

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT STUFF WE PRONOUNCED WRONG IN FE!!

How do you lot pronounce Sieglinde? I always said it as "See-glin-day" and i think thats actually correct considering the source of the name. Just like Siegmund is "Seeg-mund"

Lughnasadh is an odd one. Isnt it Welsh or something? Anyway i always called it "Lou-nah-sahd(weird throaty noise here)"

Rienfleche to me was "Ree-en-flesh"

Super shocked face happened when RD came out and Narrator pronounced Naesala, Nealuchi, Dheginsea, and Caineghis the same way i did. :o

Also anyone who pronounces Sigrun as "Sig-run" and not "See-groon" is gonna get a boot to the head. :P

Edited by Florina Stark

Ive known people named Marcia and "Marsha" is how they say their own name. So youre not wrong here.

"MAR-see-ah" is also a valid pronunciation for the name. In fact, that's the one the game actually uses, I believe. I like it way more than Marsha anyway.