Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

If you noticed, Elie called out Pablo and then taunted me. That's where I made the leap.

Also Scorri. How ya doin over there? Anything you'd like to say at this point?

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

You know that you aren't Pablo, so you wouldn't be able to "out your target" since you aren't Pablo. Was that related to taunting you too? It was obvious that Bal would speak up, but TBH i just expected him to arrive first over you. Also also, you seem to be reading my mind when I say I wanted to leave Cult alive for a while...here, let me correct that statement, as I did earlier in the game. If I outted Cult, scumhunting would have slowed to a halt in order to get cult lynched. You say since I am scum, I'd have absolutely loved to waste a day of scumhunting, but instead, you think I was looking on the bright side of finding a cult in this game and eventually decided otherwise....yea ok.

BTW, are you forgetting that you were a primary suspect yesterday along with Kay, and it literally came down to a tiebreaker in which you managed to squeeze out of? I didn't realize that you were suspected heavily by Manix yesterday, as well as Balcerzak for a while, and Kay all day.

I was carrying over the conversation from yesterday (with the most confirmed town and one of the two most likely scum players dead). That's why I asked for you to say something. Because you were obviously under the spotlight due to the previous day's discussion, and for you to think I'm taunting with you is unbelievable defensive when all I asked was:

Also Scorri. How ya doin over there? Anything you'd like to say at this point?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, since everybody agrees I'm cleared, you have to try to convince me your vote is where it's at. Going over vote history, I discovered something fairly troublesome. Consider the following.

Day4 End
Blitz
scorri	        	0	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Baldric	Baldric
Helios	        	0	0	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Prims
Balcerzak    Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Shinori      
Paperblade
Kaoz	     	        0   	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Manix           	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Helios	Helios	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Elieson      	        0  	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Boron
Kay          	        0  	0	0	0	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Baldri 	     	        0  	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	Helios
Neko
BBM
Bananas	     
Rocker       	        0  	0	0	0	0	0	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric

2 equally viable bandwagons, both of which were centered on scum. The only townie votes at all during the day came from Helios, who was scum. The fact that Baldrick also didn't try to push for some sort of mislynch is excused by the fact that he was nearly inactivity modkilled.

But seriously, how often do you set up two scumwagons like this without even some hint of misdirection on the part of the mafia? Was the fact that we didn't see any further sowing of deceit due to Elieson's absence via silence?

What scummate sees an initial Baldrick push, and decides to try to counterpush with her other scummate Helios? Why would they suddenly take a late day 4 push to bus? It's not even sure to me that it's a matter of saving an awesome scum role by sacrificing a weaker one, as without the Vig or the RB anymore, there was not terribly much need for a redirect, and you might have to weigh in the fact that the vote manipulator may help to compensate for losing some advantage by going down a man on the team.

Both of you try to puzzle this out here for me. Sell me your cases.

So scorri, I have no fucking clue if he did or not.
If the redirector idled on te night i was rolebloked through Shinori, why didnt he use his alternative, killing role?

I read the second quote and it seems to me like you know that he didn't and are now trying to cover up for your mistake. That's what I was saying.

Moving on to Bal's point, at that point in time, why in the world would I vote Helios if I was scum? If I had instead jumped on the Baldrick wagon, I would have possibly looked better. Instead, people were getting all suspicious of me because of how long it took me to switch. In the end, I only switched to see if that would affect universal loss. I still at that point in time found Helios more scummy than Baldrick. I believe that I was one of the few people still alive at that point who found Helios suspicious. Why would I continue to push that lynch instead of hopping on the bus to get Baldrick lynched? I ended up drawing far more attention to myself by sticking to my guns with Helios than a bus on Baldrick would have. Does it really make sense that two members of the scum team would try to get another one counter lynched when it wouldn't have made Baldrick look much better? I've learned how to bus from the best (see Theatre Mafia). If I were scum, I would've been jumping on that Baldrick wagon much sooner and avoided the attention that my Helios vote drew.

Okay, since everybody agrees I'm cleared, you have to try to convince me your vote is where it's at. Going over vote history, I discovered something fairly troublesome. Consider the following.

Day4 End
Blitz
scorri        		0	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Helios	Baldric	Baldric
Helios        		0	0	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Kaoz	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Prims
Balcerzak    Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Shinori      
Paperblade
Kaoz                 	0   	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Manix       		Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Helios	Helios	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Elieson              	0  	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
Boron
Kay                  	0  	0	0	0	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric
Baldri                  	0  	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	Helios
Neko
BBM
Bananas         
Rocker   	        	0  	0	0	0	0	0	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric	Baldric

2 equally viable bandwagons, both of which were centered on scum. The only townie votes at all during the day came from Helios, who was scum. The fact that Baldrick also didn't try to push for some sort of mislynch is excused by the fact that he was nearly inactivity modkilled.

But seriously, how often do you set up two scumwagons like this without even some hint of misdirection on the part of the mafia? Was the fact that we didn't see any further sowing of deceit due to Elieson's absence via silence?

What scummate sees an initial Baldrick push, and decides to try to counterpush with her other scummate Helios? Why would they suddenly take a late day 4 push to bus? It's not even sure to me that it's a matter of saving an awesome scum role by sacrificing a weaker one, as without the Vig or the RB anymore, there was not terribly much need for a redirect, and you might have to weigh in the fact that the vote manipulator may help to compensate for losing some advantage by going down a man on the team.

I bring you back to my post on #1179

Also,

Moving on to Bal's point, at that point in time, why in the world would I vote Helios if I was scum? If I had instead jumped on the Baldrick wagon, I would have possibly looked better. Instead, people were getting all suspicious of me because of how long it took me to switch. In the end, I only switched to see if that would affect universal loss. I still at that point in time found Helios more scummy than Baldrick. I believe that I was one of the few people still alive at that point who found Helios suspicious. Why would I continue to push that lynch instead of hopping on the bus to get Baldrick lynched? I ended up drawing far more attention to myself by sticking to my guns with Helios than a bus on Baldrick would have. Does it really make sense that two members of the scum team would try to get another one counter lynched when it wouldn't have made Baldrick look much better? I've learned how to bus from the best (see Theatre Mafia). If I were scum, I would've been jumping on that Baldrick wagon much sooner and avoided the attention that my Helios vote drew.

I still think you didn't want to lynch Helios over Baldrick, which is why you didn't vote for him until the very end anyway. I'm sure you saw the benefit of late game vote manipulation over redirection. The way I see it, you'd rather have Helios gone as he wasn't as helpful to lategame.

Furthermore, hindsight is 20:20, and there's no way of knowing that you'd draw that much attention to yourself until after the flip, because if Baldrick was town, things would be very different I'm sure. Helios and Baldrick probably CC'd eachother for towncred, and set it up so that either way whoever picked a side wouldn't look that incriminating based on their personal case against X or Y.

I can see scorri realizing "oh shit, I can't gain town cred on pushing Helios, so I'll just settle for Baldrick as a weaker read with a -preventing universal loss by voting for a sort of scummy guy- vote", because lategame Vote Manip can really screw with a game when there's fewer people around to count against you.

And need I remind you that I was pushing a Helios lynch pretty much all game, especially during D2 and D3. You're trying to believe that I'd be tunnelling my own partner, a redirector, and then get myself redirected by him?

Also jeting to work so I'll be on my phone from here for the next 4 hours

Elieson, you aren't making my job easy for me. You've made an awful lot of awkward statements today. Not to mention my deeply checked past with dealings with government officials. Did I tell you about the time I got my taxes audited? Do they really need to burst into your office with rifles trained on you while they make sure your paper trails have been properly sanitized.

Also, your referring me back to your previous post honestly doesn't answer any of my questions and reads like a sidestep...

And what the hell?

Furthermore, hindsight is 20:20, and there's no way of knowing that you'd draw that much attention to yourself until after the flip, because if Baldrick was town, things would be very different I'm sure. Helios and Baldrick probably CC'd eachother for towncred, and set it up so that either way whoever picked a side wouldn't look that incriminating based on their personal case against X or Y.

Assuming scorri is scum, she knows exactly what kind of attention she'd draw on herself well in advance of the flip. She would have known without a doubt that Baldrick was anti-town. Like, from the beginning of the game, known. What are you even saying here? Don't fall apart on me now, man.

I still think you didn't want to lynch Helios over Baldrick, which is why you didn't vote for him until the very end anyway. I'm sure you saw the benefit of late game vote manipulation over redirection. The way I see it, you'd rather have Helios gone as he wasn't as helpful to lategame.

-You think I didn't want to lynch Helios over Baldrick... I'm going to assume that you meant to say lynch Baldrick over Helios.

-As Bal already pointed out, this makes absolutely no sense. If I was scum, I would know exactly how Baldrick would have flipped and so I would know how bad I would look for refusing to vote Baldrick. Instead, I stuck to my guns because I felt like Helios was scum and I was right. Sure I was wrong about Baldrick, but if I was scum I'd be much more willing to jump on that bus since it was obvious what was going to happen.

I can see scorri realizing "oh shit, I can't gain town cred on pushing Helios, so I'll just settle for Baldrick as a weaker read with a -preventing universal loss by voting for a sort of scummy guy- vote", because lategame Vote Manip can really screw with a game when there's fewer people around to count against you.

-So, right. I switched votes to Baldrick because I had no clue why we were almost at universal loss. I was trying to figure out if me switching to Baldrick would change that and it didn't. I considered switching back to Helios, but there was no point since it didn't change anything. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here honestly.

Elieson, you aren't making my job easy for me. You've made an awful lot of awkward statements today. Not to mention my deeply checked past with dealings with government officials. Did I tell you about the time I got my taxes audited? Do they really need to burst into your office with rifles trained on you while they make sure your paper trails have been properly sanitized.

Also, your referring me back to your previous post honestly doesn't answer any of my questions and reads like a sidestep...

And what the hell?

Assuming scorri is scum, she knows exactly what kind of attention she'd draw on herself well in advance of the flip. She would have known without a doubt that Baldrick was anti-town. Like, from the beginning of the game, known. What are you even saying here? Don't fall apart on me now, man.

She really doesn't, because her shifty performance and how she interacted with Baldrick, and how Baldrick didn't really with her, both impact the thoughts aimed at her. Even if scorri was town and Baldrick was town, her reluctant vote on him and all. She settled for a vote on her scumbuddy with a superior role lategame role over Helios' role. Baldrick flipping town or scum doesn't change the fact that there was more subtle buddying in their interactions that she claims are "the noob card". She defended scum (a la coaching), and called out her weak suspicions on him after his death by note of the noob card, which is a weak case no matter how you look at it.

-You think I didn't want to lynch Helios over Baldrick... I'm going to assume that you meant to say lynch Baldrick over Helios.

-As Bal already pointed out, this makes absolutely no sense. If I was scum, I would know exactly how Baldrick would have flipped and so I would know how bad I would look for refusing to vote Baldrick. Instead, I stuck to my guns because I felt like Helios was scum and I was right. Sure I was wrong about Baldrick, but if I was scum I'd be much more willing to jump on that bus since it was obvious what was going to happen.

-So, right. I switched votes to Baldrick because I had no clue why we were almost at universal loss. I was trying to figure out if me switching to Baldrick would change that and it didn't. I considered switching back to Helios, but there was no point since it didn't change anything. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here honestly.

First point, yea that's what I meant. I churned that post out as quickly as I could ( I arrived 10 minutes late to work too :l, so time has been of the essence for me)

Second point, see above.

Third point, you claim this:

Unsure. I was kinda giving him the newbie pass for the first couple of days and now I've been... well... distracted. As you know. I'll try and get an ISO of him done and let you know, but it is 4 AM.

like 3 times.You never really even considered Baldrick to be scum though. You never really even examined him, which to me implies that you weren't even concerned about trying to get him lynched. Thus, you voting for him to "prevent universal loss" makes you look null, and when he flips, it makes you look like you just cut your losses to keep the game going. Not once did you even look at him like he'd be scum, while you and Helios butted heads all day. Your reluctance to even do a darn thing besides give him soft defenses bothers me because you as scum would know he could play the noob card, and you could use it to make yourself look like you were giving him the benefit of the doubt (as has happened to me in SFMM2). And furthermore, had you just jumped onto the Baldrick wagon from the getgo, it'd make you look like eager-mc-beaver sheeping and that wouldn't make you look any better at all.

Don't have time to write a full length response, but literally the only reason I voted Baldrick was because I was trying to figure out why there was a threat of universal loss. I had looked through his ISO and really the only thing I found remotely scummier than Helios was the little bit of role fishing that he did, which I chalked up to newbie due to the way he reacted after people called him out for it. Clearly that was a mistake, but me putting a ton of pressure on Helios like that doesn't make sense if I am scum due to how much scrutiny it put both Helios and I under.

Now, I have a question. You claimed that you'd been pushing a Helios lynch for a while. Which leads me to ask. Why not just scan him them instead of Manix? If you were so suspicious of him, why ignore him with your actions and target someone that was basically obvitown for the majority of the game?

Bal, at that point, there was a counterclaim to contend with, and both scum claimed the same thing. IIRC you called it a novel idea, for scum to CC eachother to build towncred upon a flip. Helios was just so far in a hole that he couldn't save himself. I think it was pretty obvious at that point given that he'd been under the spotlight for as long as he was, that he was going down damn soon, but generally, when someone tries to push a wagon, their early voters get an easy pass, and with Helios already in such a spotlight, any votes on people other than Helios/Baldrick look extremely distracting and suspicious (bringing MUCH MORE negative attention your way assuming you were voting someone else). The tracker was outted, the watcher was dead, and it's damn easy to set me up at this point because yea, some of the things that happened to me aren't provable.

But yea, how often do you see 2 scumwagons like this where a player just votes for some other party? It's blending in, and your assumption in this argument that "deceit" didn't occur due to my silence is a moot point since it didn't change the fact that no one aside from Helios voted for any of the Obviwagons. If you want negative attention, you ignore the primary cases placed before you and jump on some random other case. Like I said earlier, with such other PRs down and player count dropping, a vote manip role is more valuable, so the reluctance to want to get rid of one aligned with you would be pretty high.

Gah I'm having a hard time articulating my exact points. Do you see my point though on this? Your question really doesn't lead for that much as far as an answer, because it's too difficult to determine the exact motives of everyone's vote. I find it likely that (see the above paragraph) scum!scorri wanted a vote Manip role to last for lategame, but just settled for lynching it.

Don't have time to write a full length response, but literally the only reason I voted Baldrick was because I was trying to figure out why there was a threat of universal loss. I had looked through his ISO and really the only thing I found remotely scummier than Helios was the little bit of role fishing that he did, which I chalked up to newbie due to the way he reacted after people called him out for it. Clearly that was a mistake, but me putting a ton of pressure on Helios like that doesn't make sense if I am scum due to how much scrutiny it put both Helios and I under.

Now, I have a question. You claimed that you'd been pushing a Helios lynch for a while. Which leads me to ask. Why not just scan him them instead of Manix? If you were so suspicious of him, why ignore him with your actions and target someone that was basically obvitown for the majority of the game?

Because I was certain that Helios was going to be lynched, and Shinori's case on him being the redirector was something I strongly agreed with. So I scanned Kaoz N2, because he was doing absolutely nothing, and I figured that there was a good chance one of the inactive players was scum, and if so, we'd be letting ourselves get trolled around while he just got ignored. I failed (for obvious reasons), but the fact is that Helios was scummy and with the arguments at hand, didn't need to be scanned when I could find someone who literally had contributed nothing, and possibly bring some light into the situation.

My N3 scan was on Manix, because Manix couldn't claim his role, and I was concerned about what it was that he couldn't claim and planned on outting it to the public if it was an antitown role. Again, I thought Helios was quite likely to be lynched, but We ended up going SB over Helios. Helios was always a leading suspicion, and his defenses were something I just couldn't get around.

N4, well I couldn't talk or vote, but I scanned Balcerzak, and came up with results on Rocker. Obviredirect, but considering I came back the next day and he was eliminated, I had nothing to complain about because then I could start getting scans off again, unhitched as far as I knew.

but then N5, I scan you and fail. I still don't even know, because Bal said he targetted Rocker. You can call me a liar until you're blue in the face but the fact is just like I can say I scanned you and failed, you can say I scanned...I dunno whoever else there was to scan, or idled, or picked my nose I don't know. I scanned you because you yourself said you were an obvious scan target. You and Kay were the primary targets left, and since my scan on Bal was redirected, (but he was looking much more town), I was concerned with one of the pepole who's roles and alignment I didn't know.

N6 I scanned Bal because I scanned you once and failed. I didn't even expect to come back alive today, but upon thinking about it, it'd make sense for you to want me alive, because Manix was essentially proven (and would've been by my flip), and Bal was Manix's best bro as far as town members the other day due to PoE. The only way he could be scum is if you were too. Therefore you killed Manix in order to have a person alive that you could try to frame (me).

That's the case!

##Vote: scorri

I think it's time to end this for weal or for woe. I'm liable to be gone all day tomorrow, so I need to get this down. I think much of the past day I have seriously overthought things until I was blue in the face, but the circle's got to end somewhere.

Excellent work refusing to buckle and cave in, scorri, regardless of your alignment. I'll likely not go into much more explanation here until post-game, if ever, as I honestly can't see myself coming back and changing this again.

"Ahahaha. . .AHAHAHAHAHA! I am challenged by an overweight loser and an old man. Is this some sort of insult?!" Vandesdelca Musto Fende demanded.

"Remember that it was an old man that inflicted that wound on you," Pablo pointed out with a smile.

"There ain't no way I'm letting a loser like you run this school into the ground! You're nothing compared to what happened at my last job!" Jim Morales said with a smirk. Everyone stopped as a familiar face re-entered.

"How interesting. You're the one that's been sending all those people to me," Kariya said gruffly. Several other unfamiliar people entered the room with him. One of them pulled a knife out of his sleeve. "No, you may not slit his throat, Shigure. I know this bastard's responsible for Oboro's death, but I refuse to have someone like him wandering around in my territory!" Shigure responded by putting his knife away and flipping the Reaper off. A black shadow flew by and leaped towards Van.

"Rose what are you doing?!" Ein demanded, as the black cat's claws scraped harmlessly off of Van's arm guards. Rose yowled.

"Oh, so he's the one that was behind Ledah's death. Why didn't you say so sooner?" Jim and Pablo took a step back as a sword appeared in the boy's hands. Kariya cursed under his breath.

"I have no other choice? ANCIENT REQUIEM!"

"This is the will of the gods! DISARESTA!"

"On the bright side, I don't think he'll be back," Jim said shakily. Through the new hole in several walls, the remaining people (and cat) could see the distant silhouette of someone.

"For now, peace has returned," Sagiri said with a smile.

"One day, I hope to see your true smile. I hear it's beautiful," Pablo said with a wink. Shigure's knife came out again.

". . .this time, I won't stop you," Kariya grumbled.

scorri has been lynched!

Dear scorri,

You are Vandesdelca Musto Fende, but you prefer people calling you Van Grants. Some nasty rumors about you are flying around Kimlasca, so you are teaching here while you wait for things to calm down. The Church you're a part of has a big emphasis on singing and sound; because of that, you landed a job as the choral director. The kids you have under you are amazingly apathetic, and the administration refuses to take your side when talking to parents. You want the current administration to take a hike. You found other like-minded teachers, and have vowed to change the school, no matter what.

You know that Raizo Imawano, the principal and bulletproof, is attending a convention, and is not in the game.

You can choose ONE of the following actions to do at night:

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Inquiring about <PLAYER>." You will receive <PLAYER>'s name, role, and alliance.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Oracle Knights, advance on <PLAYER>!" The Oracle Knights will form up around <PLAYER>, causing all inspections to fail. You may target yourself with this ability.

- During the night, you may respond to the mafia thread with "Night X - I'll destroy you, <PLAYER>!" You will hit <PLAYER> with Imperial Slaughter, which will completely and utterly destroy <PLAYER>'s body and role PM until the end of the game. You may only use this ONCE, and this will replace the mafia kill.

Post Restriction: Since you come from Tales of the Musical, post a YouTube video of a song (but do follow SF posting rules and the like, kthx).

You are allied with the mafia. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated.

Which means that Elieson and Balcerzak survive, and the town wins. Congratulations~!

Dear Elieson,

You are Jim Morales. Despite the fact that you claim a long job history, you are portrayed as incompetent more often than not. You are the gym teacher, and it's a miracle that the students listen to you.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Have I done that before, <PLAYER>?" You will use your claimed past knowledge to determine <PLAYER>'s character name, role, and alliance.

Post Restriction: Your work history is impressive, but no one seems to care. Complain about the lack of respect you receive.

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

---

Dear Balcerzak,

You are Pablo. Once upon a time, you worked a very nice government job, but then you grew up. You helped overthrow the corrupt government in your area, then took your current job teaching world history. It would be a pity if you had to lead yet another rebellion before you died!

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Nice to see you, <PLAYER>." You will use the innate ability of being an old man to ramble to <PLAYER>. Anyone who targets <PLAYER> will stay away, because they don't want to be drawn into a rambling old man conversation. Killers aren't interested in talking, and will perform their action anyway.

Do not attempt to get yourself lynched/killed. This falls under the "intentionally scummy" rule.

Post restriction: You still haven't gotten past the revolution you helped to lead. Give at least one reason why you don't trust the government.

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Postgame will be up as soon as I format everything correctly.

Edited by eclipse

told you it was autowin if you had decided to just lynch scorri outright, yeah

anyway yay we win

gg maf

curious though: why didn't you use the jankill on Kaoz/someone else? I guess maybe it was because almost everyone you killed had pretty much claimed, but eh

(also this was another game like CPM where two townies wanted two different scum lynched D3 but yet we lynched a town instead)

edit: god I wish I was an actual bomb instead of vanillzer bomb, that would have been great 8)

Edited by Manix

gj town, shame i was a deserter and can't share the win with you ;_;

had fun playing and reading even in spite of the terrible activity (what the fuck guys read and post) but my reads were super off aside from on bluedoom / marth

also, i feel like giving scum a kidnapper instead of just a roleblocker was op given cult and a second 1-shot kidnapper, for all it mattered in the end

NOTES

With the introduction of Misaka in the last game, I felt it would be appropriate to bring in Kiyama. In her universe, she brainwashed people, so why NOT have her in as a cult? This game actually pitted the cult against the mafia, with the town caught in the middle. This was a mix of the traditional cult (recruit and lose ability) and the cult I was a part of in CM4 (unlimited ability usage, mafia is free to talk to both cult and other mafia). Had the cult recruited mafia, I would've allowed them to talk within the mafia thread, but the could not reveal that they were culted. Likewise, they could not tell the cult who the mafia was. Furthermore, there was a very long-shot ability for the cult and town to win together - scorri would have to be the last mafia member standing, and Paperblade would have to recruit her. However, the cult went down early, which made things much harder for the mafia - they had to rig an insane number of mislynches. They very nearly pulled it off, too~! The town was given a lot of inspection, because I felt they'd need it once the cult was revealed.

ROLES AND PLAYER ANALYSIS

Mafia side:

Dear mafia,

You talked to each other at various meetings, and the four of you found out that you all had a hatred of the current administration in common. So, why not do some cleaning, while secretly promoting a Tales x Final Fantasy crossover fighting game? Nothing could go wrong. . .right?

During the night, you may reply to the mafia PM "Night X - Sending <PLAYER1> to kill <PLAYER2>". PLAYER1 must be from the mafia, and PLAYER2 can be anyone - even the same person as PLAYER1. PLAYER1 will kill PLAYER2 during the night. You may choose to idle once during the game - if so, post "Night X - No kill".

If your role PMs are posted in public for any reason, I will snip out anything related to why your character joined the mafia, and your fake claim. Since you are all mafia, you may copy and paste your individual role PMs, including theoretical italics, if you so feel like it.

---

Dear scorri,

You are Vandesdelca Musto Fende, but you prefer people calling you Van Grants. Some nasty rumors about you are flying around Kimlasca, so you are teaching here while you wait for things to calm down. The Church you're a part of has a big emphasis on singing and sound; because of that, you landed a job as the choral director. The kids you have under you are amazingly apathetic, and the administration refuses to take your side when talking to parents. You want the current administration to take a hike. You found other like-minded teachers, and have vowed to change the school, no matter what.

You know that Raizo Imawano, the principal and bulletproof, is attending a convention, and is not in the game.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Inquiring about <PLAYER>." You will receive <PLAYER>'s name, role, and alliance.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Oracle Knights, advance on <PLAYER>!" The Oracle Knights will form up around <PLAYER>, causing all inspections to fail. You may target yourself with this ability.

- During the night, you may respond to the mafia thread with "Night X - I'll destroy you, <PLAYER>!" You will hit <PLAYER> with Imperial Slaughter, which will completely and utterly destroy <PLAYER>'s body and role PM until the end of the game. You may only use this ONCE, and this will replace the mafia kill.

Post Restriction: Since you come from Tales of the Musical, post a YouTube video of a song (but do follow SF posting rules and the like, kthx).

You are allied with the mafia. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated.

You know that you have an alternate win condition, but it is something you must take care of personally; whether you share this tidbit of info with your team is up to you

Origin: Tales of the Abyss (fake claim is from Rival Schools)

scorri's hidden win condition was to shoot Paperblade. This shot would've pierced Paperblade's omniguard, as the Oracle Knights were guarding the prison (don't ask). Mafia MVP for rigging Kay's mislynch and very nearly getting the lynch off of herself. BP wasn't the greatest claim, but it served her very well. I'm rather disappointed in the town for not realizing that a cult in the game and no town cop would be extremely bad form. Her role was meant to screw with both Elieson and Paperblade - by making Paperblade's cult recruit count as an inspection, I was able to hide the fact that the cult existed while making a mafia-sided shrink.

---

Dear Blitz and Marth,

You are Quistis Trepe. Some of your Trepies went overboard with their admiration of you, so you took a job outside of Balamb Garden to calm your nerves. You took over JROTC, and much to your displeasure, the former teacher taught them nothing! Angry with the administration for letting such gross incompetence linger, you've joined up with Van to change them - by force.

You know that Fontaine, the school nurse and bodyguard, is on vacation. She is not in this game.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Let's boogie, <PLAYER>!" You will give the Triple Triad lesson of <PLAYER>'s life; as a result, they will fail to do their night action, all night actions targeting them will fail, and they will not participate in main discussion during the next day (this is known as "kidnapping").

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Using Degenerator on <PLAYER>." Any attempts to stop Degenerator on <PLAYER> will fail, and <PLAYER> will die. You may only use this ONCE, and this will replace the mafia kill.

Post restriction: You'd rather be playing card games. Refer to any TCG.

Origin: Final Fantasy 8 (fake is from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)

Looked like scum, and were shot. Eh. This was the second role that could interfere with the cult (or just about everyone else who targeted). He had the easiest fake name to hide behind, as his fake name and PR go together perfectly.

---

Dear Helios,

You are Malik Caesar. After years of teaching people to blindly follow orders, you decided a change of pace was in order. Due to your, um, past, you were put in charge of politics. You hate the subject with a fiery passion, and by extension, the idiot administration that put you there. When you heard of Van's quiet call to overthrow the administration, you happily threw your lot in.

You know that McBain, the band director and martyr, has taken his class on their yearly band trip, and is not in the game.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - <PLAYER1>, wouldn't you rather see <PLAYER2> instead?" You'll use your amazing mouth to talk <PLAYER1> into targeting <PLAYER2> instead of their original target.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Catch, <PLAYER>!" You will use your throwable blade to kill <PLAYER>. Since this is a throwing weapon with amazing accuracy, any attempts to trace the kill back to you will fail. You may only use this ONCE, and this will replace the mafia kill.

Post restriction: Despite your age, you haven't decided on the lady of your life. To keep your skills sharp, flirt with someone during each day phase. You can't flirt with the same person twice, unless no other targets exist.

(the RNG keeps making you mafia in my games, why is that)

Origin: Tales of Graces (fake is from Legend of Heroes III, AND I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY, VINCENT!)

He kept things off of him for as long as he could, but suspicion was mounting, and thus he fell. Kept active in the mafia thread even after his demise, so thank you~! I like mafia hijackers, because they have the ability to seriously mess with a mass claim. His untraceable kill was probably the weakest of the special kills. His flirting got him in trouble early. :P:

---

Dear Baldrick,

You are Serah Farron. You are generally soft-spoken and gentle, so you were told to teach fourth grade. Some of the parents have complained about your, um, methods of discipline, and the administration has chosen to take their side. If a teacher can't yell at her students, how can she keep them under control? You liked Van's idea of overthrowing the administration, so you joined him at the first opportunity.

You know that Izumi, the chemistry teacher and amnesiac, is on extended medical leave. She is not in the game.

You can choose ONE of the following actions to do at night. Due to the nature of your ability, you can use each action ONCE, and may not use any once MYLO has been reached (quick numbers reference: MYLO means you win if there's a mislynch and your kill goes through; LYLO means you win if there's a mislynch). If the town reaches MYLO during the night, your action will fail and whatever ability you tried to do will still be available.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - You don't count today, <PLAYER>." You will go forward in time and erase <PLAYER>'s vote; thus, for the next day phase, <PLAYER>'s vote will not count towards the lynch. Majority will be called as if that player's vote counts, though.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - You deserve to be punished today, <PLAYER>." During the next day phase, <PLAYER> will start the day phase with one extra vote on them. This vote will not be reflected in the votals for the day phase.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Solve this, <PLAYER>!" You will send <PLAYER> into a massive Hands of Time anomaly, effectively silencing them for the day. They may NOT vote via role PM.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - <PLAYER1>, you should be voting for <PLAYER2> instead!" During the final votal for the next day, <PLAYER1> will vote for <PLAYER2> instead of their original target, because you went forward in time and changed the votal while no one was looking.

Post Restriction: Back and forth, back and forth. . .the echoes demand that you quote something a player besides yourself said during the previous day phase. This doesn't take effect until D2.

If you are part of a lynch tie, all non-mafia roles that target the tied people that weren't lynched the next night will automatically fail; if reached, lynch tie conditional will be shown to mafia only

Origin: Final Fantasy 13 (plot point) and 13-2 (main character) (fake is supposed to be from Full Metal Alchemist, and I'm positive I messed up her name)

When it came down to Helios or Baldrick, he was bussed hard. Not that I blame the mafia, because the redirect was arguably more valuable than his final ability (persuasion). Elieson's silence kept Manix from being clear for one more day. He did decently for a first game, and his buddies were there for him. I wish more mafias were like this! His role was meant to give a bit of day control to the mafia (but noting permanent).

===

Cult:

The news Misaki and Touma gave you was grim - it explained why Saten, Uiharu, and Shirai disappeared without a trace. No one would believe you if you said things outright, so against the objections of your two charges, you have reawakened the project that landed you in jail. The louder the agreement, the more likely it will be that the administration will pay attention to you. You know that the person responsible for the kidnappings is in this school. . .but who?

Your role and alliance have granted you certain restrictions and powers.

- Once you recruit someone successfully, I'll make a separate cult PM. People may not be added immediately - this is intentional (mostly to make sure that they don't get you modkilled for whatever reason).

- It will be up to your recruits to tell you their character, role, and alliance. Role PMs may NOT be copypasta'd - this is grounds for a modkill of the offender.

- If you recruit someone who claims to be mafia, you may NOT ask them about the characters/roles/numbers of the remaining mafia, nor have them answer questions that would help you to deduce any of the aforementioned information.

- All active abilities ("During the night, respond to your role PM") will be reduced to being used once more during the game. Any X-shot abilities ("You may only use this ability X number of times") cannot be used at all. All passive abilities will remain untouched. Whether any of these is actually in the game remains for you to find out.

- You may talk to your underlings at any time; however, if it occurs outside of the PM, either link the convo in your PM or in the topic itself.

- Your ability counts as an inspection.

---

Dear Paperblade,

You are Harumi Kiyama. Once upon a time, you hated kids, but teaching a class full of youngsters changed your mind. Due to your previous experience, you're back teaching little kids - in this case, first grade. The story that Misaka and Touma told you was enough to spur you into action; if the administration was not going to care, then you were going to make them care!

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - You're next, <PLAYER>!" You will force player to see things your way; their original win condition will be overwritten by your own win condition.

You are still serving time for some of your past crimes; as such, almost all night actions targeting you will fail. You will be released from prison once N2 ends. Make the most of this opportunity.

You know that DJ Siren, the English teacher and interceptor, was called back home for a family emergency, and is not in the game.

Post restriction: Despite your looks and smarts, you have surprisingly low self-esteem. Say something self-deprecating at least once a phase.

You are allied with the Third Option. You win when your faction reaches parity with all other living players.

If you are part of a lynch tie, if any of your dead recruits had a lynch tie conditional, you will use it instead. The exception is Mrs. Frizzle's one, which you can never use, because unlynchable cult leader is dumb.

Origin: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (do a YouTube search for "Only My Railgun" for the OP of this series)

Paperblade could alternately win by recruiting scorri (story-wise, Kiyama would learn where the other students were being held, and Van wouldn't be able to do anything about it). He got two nights of almost-full immunity to give him a chance to build his army. He'd have to dodge four roles that could mess him up before N3 (inspection block, kidnapper, Kay's innate inspection blocking, and safeguard), then he'd have to worry about Mrs. Frizzle's hook once his omniguard was up. Despite having two fakes at his disposal (Interceptor was the joke one, and mayor was the real one), decided to claim Town Friendly Neighbor/Commuter to avoid being lynched, hoping that he'd be able to recruit people to keep them off of his case. That might've worked, except he made the mistake of recruiting Prims (who should've been left alone until later, IMO). Once Elieson outed his report, it was the end of the road for him. I gave him this role because I know how much he likes being a cult leader.

===

Town:

Blah, blah. These PMs will range from a couple of sentences to a damn essay.

---

Dear Kay,

You are Lone Wolf. You were around before the traditional RPG, and you break Sue tests in half with your amazing powers. Anyone that wants to complain about that needs to chill out with chai-cheer can look at the counter-point to your power, which is the RNG hell known as Fire on the Water. Since there's a lull in activity from Helgedad, you're taking a short vacation from your Magnakai duties to teach creative writing.

Before the end of D1, you MUST respond to your role PM with the following Magnakai disciplines, ordered from the ones you want the most, to the ones you want the least. I have decided what these skills do, and they may not correspond to their names or actual abilities in Magnamund. The Lore Circles do nothing in this game, so don't bother with them.

- Weaponmastery

- Animal Control

- Curing

- Invisibility

- Pathsmanship

- Psi-Surge

- Psi-Screen

- Nexus

- Divination

Since you currently have no role PM, you cannot be inspected.

Post restriction: Whenever you vote to lynch someone, present them with a choice. The choice can be completely spurious, if you so choose.

Possible roles for Lone Wolf (all one-shot):

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Take a closer look at <PLAYER>." <PLAYER> must be dead. You will examine the corpse, and using your skill of Weaponmastery, learn more about the person who killed the victim.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - I need your help!" You will use Animal Control to summon kittens to the common area. While everyone is distracted by the kittens, you will sneak over to the votal, and make your vote count twice.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Not yet, <PLAYER>." If <PLAYER> would be killed that night, you will use your knowledge of Curing to keep them alive until the end of the next day phase, where they will drop dead. If so inclined, you can target yourself with this ability.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - This is not my time." You will use Invisibility to ensure that you aren't lynched during the next day phase; however, no one can see you, so your vote during that day won't count towards the lynch.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Where are you going, <PLAYER>?" You will use Pathsmanship to determine how many other players <PLAYER> visited, and whether or not <PLAYER> succeeded in their visit.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - You can't best me, <PLAYER>!" You will use Psi-Surge to disable <PLAYER>, causing their night action to fail.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Don't bother me." You will use Psi-Screen to hide yourself from all non-killing actions, and you will also learn who attempted to visit you that night.

- At the cost of all other active abilities, you will activate Nexus, which will allow you to survive one attempt on your life. This ability will fail if you have used all of your active abilities.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - What are you hiding, <PLAYER>?" You will use your skills of Divination to read your target's mind, and obtain their full role PM. You may NOT post this result, on pain of modkill.

Your role is so dynamic that all attempts to inspect you will fail.

---

Origin: Lone Wolf series (go look up Project Aon on Google)

THIS is what Kay was capable of. I had her list all the roles in order, because certain combinations were invalid. They were as follows:

- Animal Control/Invisibility (screws too much with the vote)

- Nexus/Psi-Screen (one-night omniguard with knowledge of who visited)

- Weaponmastery/Divination (too much host info)

Her role was a complete wild card, and this role was never meant to be culted (thus, the inspection failure). Kay being lynched was probably one of the better things that could happen to the mafia - otherwise, they'd have to waste a shot on her BP. Kind of wish she'd been a bit more active in-thread (like, when she thinks I'm scum). The abilities she picked amused me greatly. I think I should've made Curing/Nexus invalid, too, because that was a LOT of protection.

Dear Lucina and Excellen Manix,

You are Heihachi Mishima. You attempted to teach your son your methods, and wound up throwing him into a volcano. You attempted to teach your grandson the Mishima style of fighting, and he thanked you by disappearing. You bribed your way into teaching economics, because that was your only lead as to your grandson's whereabouts.

Your role is split into day and night portions.

- During the day, if you are at majority, you may respond IN THE THREAD with "You are unworthy, <PLAYER>!" <PLAYER> must be someone who had a vote on you while you were at majority. By responding in this fashion, you will end the day, causing you to be lynched. <PLAYER> will permanently lose their night ability. You may use this ability during a day phase when majority was reached on you, eve if it was removed.

- During the night, if you are killed, your killer will permanently lose their night ability.

Due to the nature of your role, you may NOT claim in-thread. Ever.

Post restriction: Complain about your lack of money, even though your net worth is at least ten times the rest of the game combined.

Origin: Tekken series

I figured a full bomb would cause too much death in the game (vig had two shots, one after the other, and the mafia had the possibility of a second kill, had Paperblade hit his alternate win condition early enough). This was the other role that could get around Kiyama's temporary omniguard (he'd basically turn her into an independent that had to outlast everyone, which would've sucked big time). Lucina/Excellen nearly got themselves lynched. Manix came in and actually started scumhunting. He stayed long enough to lynch half the mafia before scorri shot him for tunneling. Town co-MVP for being active and leading lynches.

---

Dear Elieson,

You are Jim Morales. Despite the fact that you claim a long job history, you are portrayed as incompetent more often than not. You are the gym teacher, and it's a miracle that the students listen to you.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Have I done that before, <PLAYER>?" You will use your claimed past knowledge to determine <PLAYER>'s character name, role, and alliance.

Post Restriction: Your work history is impressive, but no one seems to care. Complain about the lack of respect you receive.

Origin: Code: Lyoko (STFU, I liked the instrumental opening)

He got back name, role, and alliance. I had to get creative on the night Prims was culted, because I didn't want to tell Elieson outright that a cult existed. He didn't think much of it until he read it a few times, then he got the wagon rolling. SOMEHOW survived all the way through. While he didn't use the cult to defend himself on the final day (that would've been the ideal course of action from the host's point of view), he managed to not be lynched. Did really well with his RP.

---

Dear Prims,

You are Nanako Kuroi. You oversaw the girl's side of the dispute, and watched in horror as they bickered until they destroyed each other. The administration was less than pleased with this result, and you are in danger of losing your position as a social studies teacher.

Your role is split into day and night portions:

- During the first half of the day, you may respond to your role PM with "Day X - Here's my thoughts, <PLAYER>." The message you post after that may not exceed 500 characters, and you may NOT identify yourself, or attempt to identify yourself via process of elimination. <PLAYER> will receive your message, once the day's lynch has concluded.

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM With "Night X - Good morning everyone~!", followed by a message. The message may not exceed 250 characters. This message will be posted for all to see during at the beginning of the day phase. Same restrictions about identifying yourself are in place.

Post Restriction: Since your life is a series of tubes, you must use one internet meme per phase

If you are part of a lynch tie, you'll lose, and all non-town players on your wagon are barred from OC until the next night phase

Origin: Lucky Star

This role was meant to slip people information, and to prove itself at night. I've already had a nice long conversation as to what he did wrong, and whether or not he actually listens is up to him. His antics got Elieson's attention, which then spelled the cult's doom. This lynch tie conditional was meant to paralyze the cult/mafia, but it was never hit.

---

Dear Balcerzak,

You are Pablo. Once upon a time, you worked a very nice government job, but then you grew up. You helped overthrow the corrupt government in your area, then took your current job teaching world history. It would be a pity if you had to lead yet another rebellion before you died!

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Nice to see you, <PLAYER>." You will use the innate ability of being an old man to ramble to <PLAYER>. Anyone who targets <PLAYER> will stay away, because they don't want to be drawn into a rambling old man conversation. Killers aren't interested in talking, and will perform their action anyway.

Do not attempt to get yourself lynched/killed. This falls under the "intentionally scummy" rule.

Post restriction: You still haven't gotten past the revolution you helped to lead. Give at least one reason why you don't trust the government.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you'll lose, and everyone that voted you will be forced to idle the next night

Origin: Gungnir (it's an obscure PSP game)

While Kuroi's lynch tie conditional hit the PM system, this one hit everyone's actions. I did not want the safeguard to go "screw this, lynch me", because it was the town's answer to the cult (among many other things). Took the RP and ran with it. The RNG dictated that he'd be the rambling old man! His safeguards were of questionable value (though him targeting Paperblade N1 was funny IMO), but he puzzled out the final day correctly. He wins for incorporating every other visible post restriction (he missed Manix and Elieson, and the latter would've been absolute comedy gold).

---

Dear NekoRex,

You are Ledah. You are actually a messenger; the real teacher is Rose. However, Rose is under Cierra's potion and can only talk in cat, and Ein is the only one that understands her. Ein is still enrolled in school, so it fell to you to deliver Rose's lesson plans. Your lack of emotions means that you can ignore the people who stare at your wings/good-looking face. You have no idea how Rose landed a job teaching religion, but you can't complain about the pay.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Let me introduce <PLAYER> to Rose." You will instruct Ein to use Burning Rose on <PLAYER>, killing him/her. Ein can only do this once; after that, the Fire Emblem breaks!

Post Restriction: Instead of voting using ##(verb), you will vote using ##Meow:. If you don't understand why someone like you is voting that way, reread your flavor.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you'll lose, and kill everyone tied with you, because screw you, that's why

Origin: Riviera: The Promised Land

This would've been Ledah's Lost Seraph quotes, but I'm lazy.

As usual, a one-shot vig in a clipsey game almost always has more to it. In this case, this is what would've happened to the second shot if he used his kill on the corresponding night:

- N1: Regular kill

- N2: Cannot be redirected/stopped by roles targeting him

- N3: In addition, cannot be stopped by external roles (doctor)

- N4 or later: Transforms into a daykill that ends the phase

Was forced to claim to stop his own lynch, then decided it was more fun to rag on Mancer than anything. Remember what you said about people who would be lynched, because you were in that position. His shot was dictated by Prims, and the mafia killing him was a decent move.

Dear Kaoz,

You are Alberich. You have been dragged from the Karse military to Valdemar, and you owe your life to your white demon with a smart mouth Companion, Cantor. You were a weapons instructor, which somehow translated to athletic director here. You also took on the algebra class, because it didn't look that hard (protip: it was much harder than it appeared).

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - You can't escape me, <PLAYER>." You will don one of your many disguises and follow <PLAYER>, learning everyone that he/she visited.

Post Restriction: You've gotten better at this language, but you express certain concepts better in your native language, whose closest approximation is German. Thus, every time you insult someone/complain about something, slip into German.

Origin: The Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey (but NOT the one starring some kid named Van)

Did, like, nothing interesting in thread, then was shot for being the tracker. Was given this role because of its PR.

---

Dear Serious Bananas,

You are Kariya. The high amount of deaths in this area has piqued your attention, and you talked Uzume into coming with you. Much to your dismay, the only job either of you was qualified for was groundskeeping. You weren't about to be turned away by something so trivial, so you spend your days sweeping leaves and keeping the school in one piece.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - <PLAYER> looks interesting." Uzume will keep an eye on <PLAYER>, while you get your beauty sleep. In the morning, she will report everyone that visited <PLAYER>. It's HER fault that she didn't want the groundskeeper job!

Post Restriction: You can't hide what you really are. Every time a dead person says something, quote them and tell them to be quiet. Maybe you'll get some peace of mind then.

Origin: The World Ends With You

Seemed to be busy with other things. As a result, the mafia was able to push a lynch onto him. Typo kept because tee-hee~!

---

Dear Rocker64,

You are Jin Minataka. You wound up going back in time, and rather than wait for the time line to right itself, you decided to screw with history. Thus, Japan wound up having things like antibiotics well before the Europeans landed. You thought you'd be teaching something like history, but your medical knowledge landed you a biology teaching job instead.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Not on my watch, <PLAYER>!" You will prepare yourself next to <PLAYER>, and if <PLAYER> would be killed, you'll be ready to save <PLAYER>'s life.

Post Restriction: Due to spoilerish things, you must have a converastion with yourself at least once before you die. If not, you will be modkilled instead of lynched/killed. This does not kick in until D2.

Origin: Jin (obscure Japanese TV show)

Kept forgetting the game existed, and was eventually shot for being the doctor.

---

Dear Shinori,

You are Mrs. Frizzle. The physical make-up of your fifth-grade class is politically correct, and you teach your children in ways that would curl the hair of most principals. As long as no one complains about the potential dangers of shrinking yourself and your students, all will be well.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Time to expand your horizons, <PLAYER>!" You will take <PLAYER> on one of your signature lessons. As they will be trapped on a school bus, they will be unable to complete their night action.

Posting Restriction: Your teaching ways have bled over to this meeting. Since you feel like teaching something, you must mention at least one scientific theory/famous scientist. You may not repeat the same theory/scientist twice.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you always win. Always. If another lynch tie conditional loses because of this. . .it activates anyway~!

Origin: The Magic School Bus series (read it, dammit)

Did a good job scumhunting, and used his night action to stop the mafia redirect twice. Was killed when the mafia realized how devastating a town hooker is. For being as accurate as he was, he gets Town co-MVP.

---

Dear MancerNecro and Boron,

You are Yoshio Kuraishi. You are known for showing up a bit late, while munching on a cucumber. You are NOT a teacher, nor do you aspire to be one. With the mounting death toll, you have been stationed at the school until you can get to the bottom of these murders (since you have already ruled out suicide).

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - I noticed something about you, <PLAYER>". You will observe <PLAYER> during the night, and will ascertain their posting restriction by morning.

Posting Restriction: You are effective but eccentric. One of your hallmarks is your in-home garden. Thus, mention vegetables (since you eat them for breakfast and all).

If you are part of a lynch tie and lose, all deaths and the cult recruit fail during the next night

Origin: Rinjou (VERY obscure Japanese TV series)

This role was meant to keep the rest of you honest about your PRs. No one tried to fake it, but if they did, this role was meant to catch it. It was also meant to catch badly-done fakes (mostly to keep the town from fake-claiming something stupid; the mafia would've been able to slip by). This role would also pierce inspection blocks, because despite its name, it didn't count as an inspection.

That. Was. The. Lamest. Mislynch. I. Have. Ever. Seen. No, really, they were lynched because half of you decided you knew the roles in this game better than me, despite a huge announcement telling everyone that there were PRs in this game. While getting that angry doesn't make the game pleasant (I've had a word with them in private), the rest of you egging them on wasn't called for, either. As a team, they did extremely well, with communication that rivaled the mafia's. Even after death, they followed the game.

---

Dear BBM,

You are Oboro. Your detective agency needed a bit more income, so you took a job teaching psychology. You seem to be good at it, even though you faked all your experience. After dealing with Shigure and Sagiri, your students seem like angels.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Prepare a report on <PLAYER>." If you are killed or lynched during the following day, you will reveal <PLAYER>'s role PM to everyone. This ability does not come without cost; if you claim your role in-thread or self-vote, you will negate your own ability for the remainder of the game!

Posting Restriction: The true stars of your agency are a team of rats. Make sure to give them credit!

If you are part of a lynch tie and lose, a second, random role PM will be revealed.

Origin: Suikoden V

This was the extra role. It was also the only active role that would function as normal even if recruited into the cult (technically, Manix did too, but he was half-passive).

scorri slipped, and as a result, the mafia switched their kill target from Balcerzak to him. He wasn't under suspicion, and he exposed the doctor (not that I blame him). Didn't realize how awesome Oboro was, which was a pity.

NIGHT ACTIONS AND PRIORITY STUFFS

Priority list (note: Tracker/Watcher/Passive means that they are active UNLESS interrupted):

Safeguard

Hooker

Hijacker

Degenerator's cancellation ability

Kidnapper

Inspection block

Cult

Inspection (that's oracle and all cops)

Doctor

Vote Abilities (Serah and some LW stuff)

Killing (mafia kill and vig shot)

Announcer

Tracker/Watcher/Passive

---

N1

Balcerzak - target Paperblade (failure due to innate abilities)

Shinori - target Helios (success)

Helios - redirect Shinori to NekoRex (failure, due to hook)

Degenerator's cancellation ability - nope

Bluedoom/Blitz - idle (success, and dead)

scorri - target self (whee~!)

Paperblade - target Prims (success)

BBM - target scorri (success)

Kay (Divination) - target NekoRex (success)

Elieson - inspect Prims (get back modified win con)

Rocker64 - protect Elieson (success)

Baldrick - cancel Prims' vote (success)

Baldrick kills NekoRex - (success)

NekoRex kills Bluedoom/Blitz - (success)

Prims - (success)

Kaoz - track Balcerzak (success, sees a visit to Paperblade)

SB - watch Paperblade (failure, due to innate abilities)

N2

Balcerzak - target Helios (success)

Shinori - target Kaoz (redirect to Elieson)

Helios - redirect Shinori to Elieson (success)

scorri - inspectigate Bal (success)

BBM - target Rocker64 (success)

Elieson - inspect Kaoz (failure, hooked)

Rocker64 - protect Shinori (success)

Baldrick - ghost vote on Rocker64 (success)

Baldrick kills BBM - (success)

Kaoz - track Kay (see Kay visit Helios)

Kay (Pathsmanship) - target Helios (failure, safeguard)

Serious Bananas - watch Elieson (see Shinori visit)

N3

Balcerzak - target Shinori (success)

Shinori - target Helios (success)

Helios - redirect Kaoz to Manix (failure)

scorri - inspectigate Kay (failure due to innate investiguard)

Elieson - inspect Manix (success)

Rocker64 - idle

Baldrick - silence Elieson (success)

Baldrick kills BBM - (success)

Kaoz - track Elieson (see Elieson visit Manix)

Kay - idle

N4

Balcerzak - target Manix (success)

Helios - redirect Elieson to Rocker (success)

scorri - investigate Manix (nope)

Elieson - investigate Balcerzak (get Rocker's result instead)

Rocker64 - protect Elieson (success)

Helios kills Kaoz (yes)

Kaoz - track Manix (failure, and dead)

Kay - idle

N5

Balcerzak - target Rocker64 (success)

scorri - block self (success)

Elieson - investigate scorri (failure)

Rocker64 - protect Balcerzak (success)

scorri kills Rocker64 (success)

Kay - idle

N6

Balcerzak - target Elieson (success)

scorri - block self (success)

Elieson - target Balcerzak (success)

scorri kills Manix (oof)

In closing, I didn't care for how D1 went, but the rest of the days weren't as bad. Please remember to keep it civil, and the game should go more smoothly.

and in closing; rip me once more

tbh though my D2 (and part of D3) play was kinda iffy because I honestly didn't feel like doing much (which is what set Prims off I think) but aside from that I think I did alright

although me changing my mind on my D6 plan almost lost the game after the Kay mislynch so

oops

also now this is over, Mancer: Recall what you did in Strip. You brushed off someone's case without addressing it properly. You did the same here (before Strip!), and that's what really tipped me off to keep pushing that lynch

Edited by Manix

honestly manix i thought this was a huge step up from some of your past play even if you fumbled here and there. you did a good job :> shinori too

EDIT: except for when he claimed as a tertiary wagon with like 0 votes fuck you shinori if you do this again i will find you and destroy you, irl

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

also other things:

scum cc'ing each other: this only really works if one of you is actually looking pro-town in the first place. just because someone is cc'ed and then their cc flips scum does not mean they are auto-clear (read: I still wanted Helios lynched anyway)

the converse however is different. if someone flips the cc'ed role, then the other person is most likely scum fakeclaiming (barring weird situations like multiple identical roles (which honestly isn't used enough here))

re rocker not dying N4 (after being orc'ed): I'm still curious as to why you left rocker alive. leaving him alive allowed Elie to clear me because Elie was guaranteed to live to D5 or something like that

pushing on cop late: when a cop claim has a hook redirected to them (which a townie confirmed), is silenced (I don't consider it a kidnap because silenced people can still take night actions), and then redirected, chances are he's legit.

but yeah leaving me alive would have just ended the game quicker because I would have lynched scorri asap as Bal and scorri crossed votes

honestly manix i thought this was a huge step up from some of your past play even if you fumbled here and there. you did a good job

ty prims

I think my early-mid game needs work (eg D2/3(and 4 sometimes in larger games)), as that's either where I get lynched as scum, or lose temporary interest as town

once I get past that though I think I'm pretty much good