Kate Middleton is pregnant

Raven

Right. Let's pretend that the bad economy isn't the result of failed Tory economic policy.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

The monarchy is little more than a figure head anyway. Do those guys have any real power? Still, they do inspire the people...

I watched a video recently that basically said due to some property deal shenanigans George III made with Parliament (which I kinda failed to grasp at the time), the royal family literally puts a load of money into the government's coffers every year just for existing, notwithstanding they likely contribute a substantial boost to the UK's tourism income. Also heard one dude say he liked the idea that pledging to serve the state/country, represented by the royals, isn't necessarily the same as pledging to serve the government of the moment, but I'd be hard-pressed to describe what difference it makes. Though, best case scenario, I wouldn't mind if I never had to hear somebody being accused of hating their country because they don't like their government or the actions it takes

(I don't know anything about) Politics

Edited by Rehab

Can somebody explain one thing for me quickly with the monarchy?

You get that whole "It's good for tourism argument given pretty much everytime it crops up, yet we're being incredibly half-arsed about it, if we were really going to reel the tourists there we should be building some sort of amusement park there.

while I agree that'd own I must say you're actually doing a sight better than most countries, they've mostly offed all their royals

or at the least, their castles aren't quite as interesting with nobody living in them

Edited by Rehab

You get that whole "It's good for tourism argument given pretty much everytime it crops up, yet we're being incredibly half-arsed about it, if we were really going to reel the tourists there we should be building some sort of amusement park there.

Your royal house is fine as it is. Building an amusement park or something around them would just serve as short term amusement for the plebs and make the more intelligent ones apathic towards them.

It would be straightforwardly cruel to strip their family of status. But it also seems odd that they remain a center of England's political identity. I can't really address the confusion effectively. But it still kind of seems like insisting to children that santa claus exists, by placing the duty of acting like santa on an actual human being who looks like santa. More-or-less from birth to death.

That's not to say that the British Monarchy aren't happy with their situation. I would love to be Secretary of Pretending to be Santa (the existence of such an office would be denied to all those below the age of 7).

Edited by Mouse

Meanwhile, in Israel....Okay, let's stop there before I offend everyone who I didn't already offend.

I'm already offended.

Like I actually give a shit.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

The monarchy is little more than a figure head anyway. Do those guys have any real power?

The Governor-General fired our elected Prime Minister. The Queen is technically our Head of State. Yeah, it has power.

The Governor-General fired our elected Prime Minister. The Queen is technically our Head of State. Yeah, it has power.

Thats actually news to me. I didnt know that bit of information. [/Murikan] They....sacked the Prime Minister? O_____o im really confused.