Is anbody else here a brony?

Janaff

Rainbow Dash isn't stubborn, she's brash and competitive there's a difference. At some points, yes, she can be stubborn. But it's really just her cocky tomboy attitude and her not wanting to admit somepony else is better then her. S1 Ep.4 is a good example of A.J. stubbornness and why I don't like her.

Yes, they have their differences in that then. I personally find Rainbow's attitude worse and it makes me wonder how you have completely different opinions between those two in this case XD I know which episode you're referring to though I don't remember there being more than a few episodes where they show that side of her. Besides being stubborn Applejack is one of the nicest characters and otherwise pretty fair-headed and I see her stubbornness being a rather small factor compared to all those traits of Rainbow's you listed.

But either way I can understand why Rainbow is liked so much and whatnot, but I just mean when disliking Applejack for her attitude of all things and compared to Rainbow's... It just boggles me a little...

But people always have different opinions so I guess it just means you don't care about the competitive cocky kind of attitude nearly as much as stubbornness

I've been rambling as I was thinking with this post so I guess with that last sentence I kinda answered everything for myself just now... x3

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed in the lack of Apple Bloom, personally. Yeah, she's a bit of a brat at times, but I admire her for how she learns to stand up to those other girl ponies that bully her all the time (Silverspoon and Diamond Tiara). I also think she's cute, especially that big bow she wears. ^^

I think I'd place Apple Bloom as number three on my favorite pony list after her big sis!

Actually, I do. I feel it's discriminatory against women, because they are not men. They are women, thus are womenkind.

Actually, women are men. Note the man in woman. This is because man is a unisex term. Werman originally referred to males, though it fell into disuse and the shorter man was used in its stead over time.

Themoreyouknow

Actually, women are men. Note the man in woman. This is because man is a unisex term. Werman originally referred to males, though it fell into disuse and the shorter man was used in its stead over time.

Themoreyouknow

Needing "man" to spell "woman" means nothing. Men are men and women are women. That's what I believe, end of story. Okay?

And here I was thinking the MLP fanbase on Serenes Forest was non-existant/in hiding not wanting to be discovered.

Well, at least we're all here now. :D

now that this has arisen, I'm awaiting the inevitable Poll thread with the lead 6

I did make a poll like that here on Serenes Forest a few months ago. Fluttershy and Twilight were tied for first. I can't find it anymore for whatever reason.

Dang, seems like no one here likes Fluttershy except me. She's at or near the bottom on everyone's list.

Fluttershy is my #1 favourite. She's so sweet, nice, and sickeningly cute and pretty. After that, it's Rarity, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash in that order.

Also, Fluttershy is the most popular of the mane six on online communities in general. She arguably gets the most art on deviantart. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie (who're relatively tied in terms of love) follow after her. Poor Applejack is last though. I never really understood her lack of love, barring what I've read here on SF about people not liking her stubborness and a few comments here and there about her being too plain.

Needing "man" to spell "woman" means nothing. Men are men and women are women. That's what I believe, end of story. Okay?

Okay. It's cool that that's what you believe. I am saying you are factually wrong. As in history shows that you are incorrect. Objectively.

Yes, they have their differences in that then. I personally find Rainbow's attitude worse and it makes me wonder how you have completely different opinions between those two in this case XD I know which episode you're referring to though I don't remember there being more than a few episodes where they show that side of her. Besides being stubborn Applejack is one of the nicest characters and otherwise pretty fair-headed and I see her stubbornness being a rather small factor compared to all those traits of Rainbow's you listed.

But either way I can understand why Rainbow is liked so much and whatnot, but I just mean when disliking Applejack for her attitude of all things and compared to Rainbow's... It just boggles me a little...

But people always have different opinions so I guess it just means you don't care about the competitive cocky kind of attitude nearly as much as stubbornness

I've been rambling as I was thinking with this post so I guess with that last sentence I kinda answered everything for myself just now... x3

I actually like Dashie's cocky tomboy attitude. It's my favorite thing about her.

But I got a question for you though, in what order do you like the ponies from your favorite to least favorite?

That question needs a new thread.

Twilight

AppleJack

Rarity

Flutts

Pinkamina

Rainbow

Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't like rainbow dash at all, just the least of the 6.

I just watched the Crystal Empire last night. Finally an evil villain with a half-assed backstory.

I actually like Dashie's cocky tomboy attitude. It's my favorite thing about her.

But I got a question for you though, in what order do you like the ponies from your favorite to least favorite?

Yeah I was guessing x3 For me it's more annoying XD

Yeah maybe that should be for a different thread... XD

I already posted mine however many pages ago... But I can give it again. But while I have a definite order for the first three the next three usually change order often... If you really wanted to know what order I would have....

The only thing is that I like all of them which is why I think it's misleading of me to put in an order, since typically people who have the ones in last usually put them there because they don't like them that much =<

But anyway, here I go throwing my explanations in my order, because people definitely want more text to read!!

Pinkie Pie

(Super silly and cute and random and loves sweets like meeeee and just wants to create smiles~!)

Rarity

(Heehee I love dresses too and think it'd be fun to make them~ But also usually shows have the stereotypical popular character that cares about nothing but beauty and is a jerk to everybody else, but Rarity doesn't fit that stereotype as much because she actually can be sweet and caring and will work super hard for her friends, despite how she still does fit the stuck-up don't-want-to-get-dirty type; she also does have some pretty silly and even cute moments

edit: oh I also like her voice~)

Applejack

(Honest of course x3 For the most part mature and knows the right things to do and she seems kinda fair-headed and gives fair judgement. So she's like my more respected character I guess. She was my favourite from the beginning but then I started to like the upper two more)

Fluttershy

(Fluttershy is... well, shy~ Much like I am, but sometimes it looks like the writers play out on it a little too often. Either way she's sweet and cute so I like that, but it also seems like ever since they made her lose her cool at the end of season 1, I think the writers took it too far when they found out that people loved it when she acted jerkish, so they "fanserviced" (what I call it) by making her angry or rude as often as they could, but I can't take that out against her, I'll just take it out against the writers~ So for now that makes her kinda close to Applejack's place)

Twilight Sparkle

(Twilight annoys me with her perfectionism sometimes, but the sad thing is I can also be a perfectionist when it comes to art and other creative things. But she can also be really really funny about it~ Also they need to work on her hair/mane+tail ;n;)

Rainbow Dash

(As I already said, her being so stuck up and cocky annoys me a little but she can still be cute and silly sometimes and can also be nice sometimes as well)

Edited by Freohr Datia

Okay. It's cool that that's what you believe. I am saying you are factually wrong. As in history shows that you are incorrect. Objectively.

Um, no. What I have is an opinion, which is neither right nor wrong.

Yeah I was guessing x3 For me it's more annoying XD

Yeah maybe that should be for a different thread... XD

I already posted mine however many pages ago... But I can give it again. But while I have a definite order for the first three the next three usually change order often... If you really wanted to know what order I would have....

The only thing is that I like all of them which is why I think it's misleading of me to put in an order, since typically people who have the ones in last usually put them there because they don't like them that much =<

But anyway, here I go throwing my explanations in my order, because people definitely want more text to read!!

Pinkie Pie

(Super silly and cute and random and loves sweets like meeeee and just wants to create smiles~!)

Rarity

(Heehee I love dresses too and think it'd be fun to make them~ But also usually shows have the stereotypical popular character that cares about nothing but beauty and is a jerk to everybody else, but Rarity doesn't fit that stereotype as much because she actually can be sweet and caring and will work super hard for her friends, despite how she still does fit the stuck-up don't-want-to-get-dirty type; she also does have some pretty silly and even cute moments

edit: oh I also like her voice~)

Applejack

(Honest of course x3 For the most part mature and knows the right things to do and she seems kinda fair-headed and gives fair judgement. So she's like my more respected character I guess. She was my favourite from the beginning but then I started to like the upper two more)

Fluttershy

(Fluttershy is... well, shy~ Much like I am, but sometimes it looks like the writers play out on it a little too often. Either way she's sweet and cute so I like that, but it also seems like ever since they made her lose her cool at the end of season 1, I think the writers took it too far when they found out that people loved it when she acted jerkish, so they "fanserviced" (what I call it) by making her angry or rude as often as they could, but I can't take that out against her, I'll just take it out against the writers~ So for now that makes her kinda close to Applejack's place)

Twilight Sparkle

(Twilight annoys me with her perfectionism sometimes, but the sad thing is I can also be a perfectionist when it comes to art and other creative things. But she can also be really really funny about it~ Also they need to work on her hair/mane+tail ;n;)

Rainbow Dash

(As I already said, her being so stuck up and cocky annoys me a little but she can still be cute and silly sometimes and can also be nice sometimes as well)

I too love Pinkie Pie's random moments. And she has the best singing voice IMO.

I agree Rarity is very cute. And I think her and Spike look adorable together.

Out of the mane six Applejack is the only one I dislike. One of the only things I like about her is her southern accent.

I don't like Fluttershy when she's a jerk either. She's much cuter when she's being sweet and kind.

I like Twilight for being a perfectionist, mainly because I'm one myself and I can relate to her the most. But what's wrong with her mane? I think it's pretty.

I think Dashie's cute when she acts all cocky and her mane is by far the best out of all the ponies. I mean it's naturally Rainbow colored, it's just so gorgeous.

I too love Pinkie Pie's random moments. And she has the best singing voice IMO.

I agree Rarity is very cute. And I think her and Spike look adorable together.

Out of the mane six Applejack is the only one I dislike. One of the only things I like about her is her southern accent.

I don't like Fluttershy when she's a jerk either. She's much cuter when she's being sweet and kind.

I like Twilight for being a perfectionist, mainly because I'm one myself and I can relate to her the most. But what's wrong with her mane? I think it's pretty.

I think Dashie's cute when she acts all cocky and her mane is by far the best out of all the ponies. I mean it's naturally Rainbow colored, it's just so gorgeous.

Yay Misa ftw

Yes and also pretty x3 I love the purple =D

Heehee of course!

Well I don't entirely mind when she's like that, but I think the writers are overdoing it, simply because they know the fans love it.

I hate myself for being a perfectionist, especially when I know I end up bothering others but keep it up anyway XD But of course I can't really help it so I can understand how other perfectionists can't help themselves, really...

As for the mane, it's just my own personal preference x3 I am not to fond of perfectly straight cuts like that because it doesn't look natural enough to me... It's why rather than have bangs over my forehead I grow them out and tuck them behind my ear because it doesn't have to be cut so straight like Twilight's bangs are XD

I like her hair style. It's got a flowy breezy look, which is of course fitting~ But yeah I like flowy and breezy ^~^

Yay Misa ftw

Yes and also pretty x3 I love the purple =D

Heehee of course!

Well I don't entirely mind when she's like that, but I think the writers are overdoing it, simply because they know the fans love it.

I hate myself for being a perfectionist, especially when I know I end up bothering others but keep it up anyway XD But of course I can't really help it so I can understand how other perfectionists can't help themselves, really...

As for the mane, it's just my own personal preference x3 I am not to fond of perfectly straight cuts like that because it doesn't look natural enough to me... It's why rather than have bangs over my forehead I grow them out and tuck them behind my ear because it doesn't have to be cut so straight like Twilight's bangs are XD

I like her hair style. It's got a flowy breezy look, which is of course fitting~ But yeah I like flowy and breezy ^~^

Another question, what's your favorite episode so far?

Mine is still Sonic Rainboom. But I think tomorrows episode has a chance to top it.

I enjoyed the Dischord episodes, but the Galloping Gala brought out a fair share of character traits that are atypical to the norm, ( thus maintaining curiosity and throwing something new out there ).

Your opinion is factually incorrect. It's objectively true that the word "man" is a unisex term, both in modern use and historically. It is objectively true that man was traditionally used to refer to all humans, while werman referred to males and wifman referred to females.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I think I'm remembering (by watching =3) that Over a Barrel is by far my most favourite. It's got some of the best moments I can remember and that show probably left me giggling more than any other episode x3

I think it's probably no doubt highest on my list~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Actually, I don't. xP

I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever to call it a gender-neutral term. The term brony is "bro" + "pony." And the term bro is short for brother. And a brother is obviously male. So there. I am a Pegasister, not a Brony. Nobody's gonna change that. :P

Oh hello.

Yeah...no. Just...ussdfkjdd...dont go there. Brony, Pegasister, it dont matter. Fan of MLP.

So with Rainbow Dash it's okay because she does it in a cool way, right~

I actually dont really like Rainbow Dash that much. I do like that shes not just badass and has a pantload of flaws, but i really dont like her attitude.

Applejack has been my favorite going all the way back to Rescue at Midnight Castle.

Except for the seaponies. Hell yes seaponies.

CALL UPON THE SEAAA POOOONIES.

Dude. DUUUDE. This guy right here. He knows whats up. Old school style! (Firefly was best pony in those days.)

I like to think of everyone as just people before slapping a gender onto them because there really shouldn't be any discrepancies between the two halves.

Oh hello. Did i mention how awesome you were today?

Oh hello again. That is also called a Double Standard which is nasty and evil and should be destroyed.

Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna are best ponies. It is known. Best CMC is Sweetie Bell. It is known. Best villain is Discord. It is known. Best Episode is Luna Eclipsed followed by Bridal Gossip. It is known. :P: