Is anbody else here a brony?

Janaff

Actually, I don't. xP

I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever to call it a gender-neutral term. The term brony is "bro" + "pony." And the term bro is short for brother. And a brother is obviously male. So there. I am a Pegasister, not a Brony. Nobody's gonna change that. :P

All I'm saying is you don't really 'need' to specify "pegasister." "Brony" was derived from a masculine term due to it being created by males, yes, but from my experience, most female fans would rather just call themselves "bronies" as well. Additionally, non-fans are much more likely to know the term "brony" than "pegasister." For that reason, I usually end up just calling myself a brony unless I'm on Equestria Daily or something.

Evolution of language, as Integrity said.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Lack of mane 6 doing anything useful except Twilight. Even the big fight ultimately ended in failure.

-Chrysalis is kind of a moron. She doesn't even try to be Cadance when posing as Cadance, and she's defeated because she left the two ponies who could potentially do anything right next to each other. Sure, Cadance was trapped, but then the changelings bring Twilight in and Chrysalis just...lets her roam.

-Banking off the above, Chrysalis doesn't even try to hide herself, but only Twilight notices. Some, like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, I can understand not seeing anything odd. But Shining Armor and Celestia? They should know her well enough to see that she was acting different. And Rarity and Applejack's reactions to what she did were way too tame for my liking.

-Chrysalis again. She has no depth whatsoever. She's not even named in the episode (she's only referred to as the Queen of the changelings), we don't know a single thing about where she and her changelings come from, and we don't even know what she's trying to accomplish. I mean, we can assume she wants to take over Canterlot or something, but all we see is her attacking and...nothing else. Even a simple revenge plot would have covered background and motivation.

-They did even less in A Crystle Empire. And Even though the fight at the end was a failure I still found it entertaining.

-I agree she was stupid at that point.

-Everybody thought she was stressed out with all the wedding planning. Twilight knew it was something else cause she was the closest to her after Shining; who was being controlled.

-I know she didn't have depth but not many of the villains in this show do. I don't even like her that much anyway, Discord is still my favorite.

Applejack's the second-best by a fair margin.

Not for me.

Rainbow Dash>Twilight>Pinkie Pie>Fluttershy>Rarity>Applejack.

Applejack's stubborn. I don't like stubborn ponies.

Aaaaaand 'bro' itself regardless of its shorthanditude is sort of slowly becoming gender-neutral, at least in my experience.

+1 EXP here

damnit I don't have that much to say about ponies why do I have to be at the top of the page don't look at me

Edited by Rehab

All I'm saying is you don't really 'need' to specify "pegasister." "Brony" was derived from a masculine term due to it being created by males, yes, but from my experience, most female fans would rather just call themselves "bronies" as well. Additionally, non-fans are much more likely to know the term "brony" than "pegasister." For that reason, I usually end up just calling myself a brony unless I'm on Equestria Daily or something.

Evolution of language, as Integrity said.

Well, fine, but I still like the term Pegasister better for female fans like me.

Also, the main six in the order I like them:

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Applejack

3. Pinkie Pie

4. Rarity

5. Twilight Sparkle

6. Fluttershy

I just...don't like Fluttershy much for some reason. I think she's overrated, and I just don't see anything special about her.

-They did even less in A Crystle Empire. And Even though the fight at the end was a failure I still found it entertaining.

Uh, did you watch The Crystal Empire? Sure, technically they were just putting on a festival, but it was made clear that it was important to use it to get the crystal ponies spirits up. All they did in A Canterlot Wedding is...help with the wedding.

-Everybody thought she was stressed out with all the wedding planning. Twilight knew it was something else cause she was the closest to her after Shining; who was being controlled.

That only goes so far, and it's weak reasoning for some. She basically said "Nah, it sucks" at Rarity's dresses, and Rarity later calls her a "gem" or something. I assume Celestia should know Cadance very well, so "pre-wedding" jitters hardly qualifies here. Shining Armor...I guess the spell can cover for that?

-I know she didn't have depth but not many of the villains in this show do. I don't even like her that much anyway, Discord is still my favorite.

Nightmare Moon had background, motivation, and sympathy. Discord had motivation (or at least a reason for what he was doing) and a fun personality. Sombra had background and presence. Chrysalis has nothing. She's the most generic a villain can get.

Fluttershy is favorite pony, but Rarity has the best moments overall.

itt tang and fox break up over whether it's okay to be a brony and then I swoop and and score tang on the rebound

S-so... all that stuff you would tell me in IRC.... it was all...

a lie??? ;A;

Um well now I need to add relevance to this posty I guess...

I don't really like calling any of them my least favourite. But I know and have already said Pinkie Pie is my most favourite~!

For me Rarity comes next and then Applejack (though they're nearly tied for me)

Do you also think it's wrong to refer to all of humanity as "mankind"?

Actually, I do. I feel it's discriminatory against women, because they are not men. They are women, thus are womenkind.

I watch the show. I started over spring break, when I was bored and my friend was all 'watch ponies with me please', and so I did. I like the show and do make an effort to see new episodes as they come, but I'm not quite as obsessed with it as my friend is. Also, Spike is best poney Rarity > Applejack > Twilight > Pinkie > Fluttershy > Rainbow

Came back just to list the main cast in order of how much I like them.

2. Applejack

3. Rarity

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Fluttershy

7. Twilight Sparkle

Twist is my favorite.

Well, if it helps I do like her a lot.

Mostly because I'm impressed by someone who won't let her insecurities stop her from protecting her friends.

To me, she is still behind Dashie and Twilight though.

Edited by BrightBow

Dang, seems like no one here likes Fluttershy except me. She's at or near the bottom on everyone's list.

Does "third and actually former first" count?

IN FACT (screenshot: dawn of war 2 as played by integrity circa aug '11)

Edited by Integrity

O_O theres really bronies here?

oh hell yeah !

BROHOOF!!!!!!

i love all the main 6 but favouites are in this order

Fluttershy

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash

Twilight Sparkle

Rarity

Edited by Hirokaski

Dang, seems like no one here likes Fluttershy except me. She's at or near the bottom on everyone's list.

I also like Fluttershy, which is why I said I hate making any of them the bottom of my list. While I like Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack more than Fluttershy, I still like her a lot anyway~

So with Rainbow Dash it's okay because she does it in a cool way, right~

Rainbow Dash isn't stubborn, she's brash and competitive there's a difference. At some points, yes, she can be stubborn. But it's really just her cocky tomboy attitude and her not wanting to admit somepony else is better then her. S1 Ep.4 is a good example of A.J. stubbornness and why I don't like her.

Uh, did you watch The Crystal Empire? Sure, technically they were just putting on a festival, but it was made clear that it was important to use it to get the crystal ponies spirits up. All they did in A Canterlot Wedding is...help with the wedding.

Applejack sitting by some statue lying was boring and I wouldn't really say that's doing much. Pinkie Pie kinda didn't do anything either. The others did do a few things I guess but I still found it boring.

That only goes so far, and it's weak reasoning for some. She basically said "Nah, it sucks" at Rarity's dresses, and Rarity later calls her a "gem" or something. I assume Celestia should know Cadance very well, so "pre-wedding" jitters hardly qualifies here. Shining Armor...I guess the spell can cover for that?

Maybe Celestia could have payed a little more attention but she was busy keeping watch during the day.

Nightmare Moon had background, motivation, and sympathy. Discord had motivation (or at least a reason for what he was doing) and a fun personality. Sombra had background and presence. Chrysalis has nothing. She's the most generic a villain can get.

I admit Chrysalis is a bad villain and I can understand why you would find that a problem.

Fluttershy is favorite pony, but Rarity has the best moments overall.

Agreed, Rarity whining is hilarious.