Why did you join SF?

Blasied

There's actually a bit of a story behind my reason for joining that goes all the way back to the beginning of the first Serenes Forest. I was a mod on FESS at the time, and one day Jyosua IM'd me on AIM, asking me to remind Vincent to check him email. I never had contact with Josh before, but I was well aware of who he was due to his, uh, "infamy" on FESS shall we say. I relayed Josh's message to Vincent, and it turned out Vincent had actually finished responding to Josh's email by the time he got my message. Not long after, Josh informed me that Serenes had opened, and I joined. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the first incarnation of Serenes to close down.

Quite some time later, Josh sent me another message telling me that Serenes had reopened, so I joined. I was active for a couple days, but my obligations to FESS kept me away. I had completely forgotten Serenes even existed until a few months later when I got a bunch of emails telling me that people had left comments on my profile. I became much more active on my return since FESS was pretty much dead by that time. FESS closed down permanently not long after, and I've been here ever since.

But.. What about your love for Tangerine? That's not in your story anywhere!

Honestly, that has to be a vital part to why you are around.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2 years, I love playing FE games

I could have stay on French forums but they are not as complete as SF...

Moreover, I wanted to be on an english forum, to train myself and increase my english level : Most of best J-RPG are only playable in japanese or english. Not in French...

hm

It was probably for debates

I can actually answer for both of us (well at least part of it). I joined because Tino and Swordsalmon posted a topic on FEU being like "holy fuck these people are really mad about the idea that some people like to rank FE characters what the fuck" and I figured I'd come on over and try to help their mighty cause of being allowed to debate and have tier lists. Reikken and a couple of other people where there at the time as well on the "it should be okay to rank fire emblem characters and argue about them" side, and Mekkah joined the argument not long after (one of my favorite SF moments ever is still when sandman posted one of his trademark passive aggressive "fuck debaters" style threads about complex strategies and Mekkah just posted an image with all the plans erased and "move Ike here and have him murder everything" or something similar scribbled on it). Then I realized that the non-FE sections were even fucking dumber than the rest of the forum so I decided I'd try to fix that too. I never would have succeeded if it weren't for Death, and probably wouldn't have succeeded without the FESS merger, though to this day I still don't think I ever really managed to fix this place. Oh well.

Honestly, my biggest regret is that I even liked FE at all, I want to have an amazing story like Death's of being that guy who doesn't even fucking play or like the games and runs everything.

Since people have been discussing it, my post history is for the first several years just a catalogue of experiments in persuasion, argument and just convincing people of shit, as I constantly tried to find out what worked better. I ended up realizing a certain level of derision combined with solid argument and horrible nasty comments works best, but now I don't give a shit about convincing people and just make horrible nasty smug comments.

also also people who look back on their old posts and feel bad, remember most of you guys were people who reacted alright when I made fun of you, the really shit people just left 8[

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

Well I discovered the glory of emulators and was playing FE7, and then googled FE6 english patches, and that also lead to some hacks. (Link's War) And then I found videos on FlyingAce's Devourer of Worlds and MK404's Sacred Dawn (Round 1.) Much like every ROM Hacking noob, I said, "That's so cool I want to make one!" And when I did it sucked horribly and now I'm here, still trying to get good at hacking/spriting.

Hey, this place is a lot more mature than anywhere else I visit (coughMALcough). People here these days will generally listen to reason.

Well of course MAL is going to be bad, most people who call themselves anime fans are going to be awful subhumans because anime (like most things) is like 90% shit. But there are far better places than this, not that I really hold it against SF. I can't expect a random free forum on an obscure japanese map game to be anywhere near perfect, or even good, so it's done pretty well.

i started playing fe8 at one point so i joined a forum

i think i actually finished fe8

that was a feat

goddamn it's boring

i tried to play some of the other fes but they lost my interest pretty quick

then i met uh

yeah i guess my like 6+ "mothers" and all the wonderful people i regularly talk to

p. much.

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Yeah that's a good point, there are some pretty cool people I've met through SF. I mean, I'm sure that's nothing special, and I'd have met equally cool people if I'd joined some other random sites for other shit, but hey, I didn't do that.

It probably will, eventually. :/

SF will die when FE dies or Vincent gives up on it.

There simply isn't anyone out there capable of competing with his level of dedication to the series, and that's largely why we survived when everyone else died. We've actually increased in activity this year where every other forum is continuing to decline.

Otherwise we're not going anywhere and even the most bitter of SF haters have accepted that fact :P.

Edited by Tangerine

also also people who look back on their old posts and feel bad, remember most of you guys were people who reacted alright when I made fun of you, the really shit people just left 8[

I don't think I'm in most of those people because I don't remember you calling me out on anything which doesn't make sense because I say so many stupid things all the time x3

Well I think I just have horrible memory and you have made fun of me and I of course just don't remember~ But I guess that means I handled it well =3

I don't think I'm in most of those people because I don't remember you calling me out on anything which doesn't make sense because I say so many stupid things all the time x3

Well I think I just have horrible memory and you have made fun of me and I of course just don't remember~ But I guess that means I handled it well =3

I don't think I called you out on anything because I don't think you ever said anything horrible.

I forgot exactly how I found this place (either through google wandering or the FE Wiki I think) but I stalked around here forever basically considering but then deciding against joining,

Then a anon try to impersonate me in the site errors thread (for some reason) and I decided I should take the name while I had the chance.

Found the place just through googling things about the game, I think hidden items in particular. Started lurking for about a month than decided to join to get in the discussion about Awakening and stuff :D

• 2 months later...