Why did you join SF?

Blasied

Just a sudden surge of interest (which for me is very rare). What made you think "I need to be part of this place"?

Personally, I jumped in a little over 3 years ago when I was taking large amounts of time off school (I attended 5 days of that term). Even an anti-social prick like me gets lonely. It was good for me, even if I did practically nothing.

Anyone else feel like sharing?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first checked SF to see the Lunatic Tier List for Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Then I got attracted to drafts and started playing them. I got bored soon enough.

Now I just spend time here playing mafia which is addicting haha.

Well, I don't exactly remember why I joined, but it just seemed fun. Wait, no, at the time I was obsesed with FE even though I've only played two of them, so I joined. Now here I am, spending most of my time browsing the spam forum while having fun.

Whoop

I was the only huge Fire Emblem fan at a forum I barely go to nowadays. People were kind of sick of me bringing up FE a lot, so I joined this site to talk to other fans of the series. Best decision.

That was my first forum...

I think I was lurking around because I like S-RPG. FE7 was a big shock for me and was pretty time consuming.

I lived because I lost interest in FE.

But I returned because of FE 12 Translation, and Awakening comming soon. And because it's my first forum...

It's been so long I almost don't remember.

I think Jyosua said to me we were going to have a proper forum for the site, so I figured it'd be weird if the webmaster wasn't hanging around it. And then the forums ended up being way more active than I expected and Jyosua mysteriously vanished a couple of times too, so I ended up sticking around : P

The other forum I was on was dying ;A; Though maybe I would've joined anyway...

I used SF to help me in FE and one time when I was looking at the home page I saw a forum button and was like "Woah I didn't know this place had a forum!" (and I didn't actually know that this forum was completely new by then so it was actually reasonable that I didn't know about it at the time x3) so I checked it out and I think I didn't actually join this forum until a few days later

Edited by Freohr Datia

FEU was randomly awkward at times whenever someone brought up SF so I joined to see why they always complained.

I still don't know why

I could guess some reasons, myself probably x3

But that could also depend on who were the complainers perhaps...

A friend of mine from another forum gave me the link to SF main page so I could check character growths. I stumbled upon something in the upper right corner that said "Forum". I clicked that, started reading tier lists and stuff for months. Stumbled upon drafts while checking stuff. After a few months of lurking, a draft interested me too much and I joined so I could join the draft.

I can't even remember anyone from FEU that isn't here... :<

I can! The guy who ran the splicing contests! I can't remember his username but I am 95% sure he's not here.

As for me, I wanted more people to see my work and I heard of sf so I came here! And then feu died...

Edited by eCut

I started at Gamefaqs FE boards then realized they are shit, an came here with a few others

You know who you are, Kngt_of_Titania, et al~~

I'd been coming to the forum for a couple weeks, using a guide to help me beat Shadow Dragon's Hard 5 mode, and I ended up going to the other parts of the forum. I learned a bit about Awakening, which had me coming here more often, and then I found a save file I wanted to download in the GBA forum, which required me to join the forum.

I never actually used the save file for anything, but I've never regretted finding it.

I've used the main site for a very long time as I played through the English games, then I started lurking through the forums for tier lists and information on how to get the older games to run properly in English. I eventually felt that my lurking would be less awkward if I actually had an account. I never really started posting until this September, though, so I consider that my real join time even though I've had an account since March.