Dark Knight or Dark Pegasus?

Leif

I know for a main story campaign, Dark Pegasus is much better due to Lighting Speed. However, in terms of the postgame (where you could have a Lightning Speed Dark Knight), wouldn't a Dark Knight be more durable than a Dark Pegasus? The Dark Knight has ~10 more defense than it's flying counterpart, and it matches it in pretty much all the other stats with +/-2 differences. However the Dark Pegasus can nullify its weaknesses with Iote's Shield.

Discuss.

Iote's Shield is DLC-only, requires a skill slot and doesn't prevent you from taking effective damage from beastslaying weapons (which include pegasi in this game). DKs have a defence cap that's 10 points above the dark pegs, I guess that's also worth something?

Yeah but wings.

When you've done enough grinding, you're not dying outside of the most absurd DLC, regardless of your Def.

But if you've done enough grinding to not worry about defense, then you've done enough grinding to pick peoples classes based on preference more than anything else.

Though I guess if you were trying to rush levels, wings would be nice.

But if you've done enough grinding to not worry about defense, then you've done enough grinding to pick peoples classes based on preference more than anything else.

Though I guess if you were trying to rush levels, wings would be nice.

True, true. But yeah, when all else is equal, wings are pretty great, especially when you're hoarding Limit Breaker scrolls.

They are both pretty good... I like Life Absorb for Dark Knights. Dark Pegasi are pretty awesome with the Lightning Speed. In the end, I've always liked Mage Knights (or in this case Dark Knights) and Dark Pegasi are a nice new addition to the class list.

I've found that even limit broken capped dark pegasi need to fear bows in even the easiest ultimate training maps. They usually get 2HKOed.

They'd take huge amounts of damage if they got hit, but they don't. It's moot in the lower-level ones, really.

Bows are the worst weapon type, as they always are in games that aren't gaiden.

I haven't really noticed that much of a difference in post-game killing power based on weapon type (other than tomes being head and shoulders the best weapon type); caps seem to matter a lot more. In-game, you're far better off just using whatever you have weapon rank in than trying to build up a new rank.

So viable two range offense provided typically by axes and lances is not a concern to overcome/equalize with swords?

Not for a class that already has tomes, it isn't.

Regarding more general situations: with good Mag, you can use Thunder Swords; with Weapon Saver, you can use Ragnell. Otherwise, you're somewhat limited, but good thrown lances and axes aren't too common, either.

Not in Lunatic+ or Berwick Saga

I would've also mentioned FE12, considering javelins and hand axes got nerfed there (only 3 and 4 Mt, respectively).

Edited by Levant Fortner

What about FE12? Javelins and hand axes got nerfed there.

Can't speak much about it, as I haven't played much, but yeah, I've heard good things about the weapon type there, especially on the higher difficulty levels.

I would've also mentioned FE12, considering javelins and hand axes got nerfed there (only 3 and 4 Mt, respectively).

Not forgetting Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, where we have the introduction of knives as a weapon type...