Gentlemen

Doga

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better bases and growths are good, yeah. They need more strength/speed in particular, because those are the main things that kinda hold them back. I like bow users a lot already though, even the ones that apparently suck like Gordin and Wolt, so those things would just be helpful bonuses to me. Crossbows coming back, along with a bow/bows like FE9's Double Bow, which was pretty cool imo, would also be cool.

like FE9's Double Bow, which was pretty cool imo, would also be cool.

You're kidding right? FE9's Double Bow sucked ass (4 range only, less might than a Silver Bow)! FE10's on the other hand kicked ass, despite coming way late in the game...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

You're kidding right? FE9's Double Bow sucked ass! (FE10's on the other hand kicked ass, despite coming way late in the game...)

I really only liked it for the 4 range, which was interesting. I know the one from FE10 is way better, and I prefer it, but I like the novelty of the 4 range.

Not all bows should be 2-3 range but there should be more variety other than just "longbow". There also needs to be more 1-2 range options for archers, even if it was just 1 or 2. Then just start archers with better bases, much like Shinon in FE9 (before he leaves) and FE10 (where he has a great PP). Peppering the maps with more ballistae that are reasonably placed for a player to take advantage of would be nice too. I feel FE13 has some really nice bows to use and a couple good skills but Viole is still kind of lacking in the bases department when you compare him to the cavs who join at the same time, plus they also don't have a 1-2 range option. At least there's reclassing so none of the archers are completely bow-locked.

I honestly wouldn't even mind if the option was a 0 or 1 MT short range counterattack that's just bashing the enemy with the bow itself for all bows. Weak, but at least it gives them something to do if they're surrounded or getting bashed up on the EP.

Make the short bow 1-2 range and increase other bows to 2-3.

Better bases and growths

And how about a 30% crit boost for Archers. Snipers.

Increase the experience Archers get for fighting and killing enemy units to make up for their lack of enemy phase.

This. It makes Archers awesome. 2-3 range means that they're the only ones that can hit from 3 tiles away. You no longer need to fix Hand Axes or Javs, because they can't hit everything.

Edited by Bryan

Makes everyone able to change weapons when attacked. Rangers/Nomadic Troopers/Horsemen become the best units of the game. (Or some Generals...)

More bow option is a good idea. A Bow-Rapier will be cool, a Magic Bow, a status Bow will be awesome, far better than status sword.

Swords always have tons of option, but Bows just have the basic effects. The ennemies had Poison bow, so why can't you have them too.

FE13 Lunatic+ skills.

Virion has shit bases and is still one of the best units in that mode.

Mind elaborating on that for those of us who haven't played weeb copies of Waifu Emblem? I'm really curious.

If all bows had 2-3 range and longbows were 2-4 range Archers would be fine.

Also what Cam said, harder hitting enemies. FE11 archers are actually extremely useful on H2 and above.

More bow variety would do wonders. Swords, Lances, and Axes all have weapons that are effective against Knights and Horses. Bows need these too. And fuck balistas. Give archers "siege bows" that work the same way as mages' siege tomes.