Pokemon Adventures R/B/G/Y Mafia

BBM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mancer, it wasn't that you were manipulating Helios. He was just so very confident in his scumreads that he didn't see a difference between lynching j00 first and Boron second and lynching Boron first and j00 second.

Isn't that like a manipulation in itself?

He wanted Boron -> j00 but I could get him to change to j00 -> Boron with what I said.

That's like the epitome of manipulation.

That's the same case for JB's lynch too.

EDIT: Would he have gone for j00 first if I had not interfered? If he had, then it's not manipulation, because he would have done it had I not interfered. Otherwise, it is to an extent, manipulation.

Edited by MancerNecro

five fucking seconds on google

five fucking seconds.

tl;dr it's when a non-professional tries to guess the workings of another person's psychology (which comes up a lot in mafia but what you said about helios makes no fucking sense because helios being high-strung was your opinion, not an objective fact)

Edited by Prims

mancer don't think that you're the sole reason scum won, you didn't play that well

helios tunneled on reasoning, you had nothing to do with it

I didn't say I was.

I said that I don't think how Helios has justified himself after the game has ended has done Boron any justice at all, and I wanted him to know that I feel that the way he acted was uncalled for.

It's more of a rant/complaint from me here because I'm unhappy with Helios's attitude. Feel free to ignore me.

five fucking seconds on google

five fucking seconds.

tl;dr it's when a non-professional tries to guess the workings of another person's psychology (which comes up a lot in mafia but what you said about helios makes no fucking sense because helios being high-strung was your opinion, not an objective fact)

Hmm... Well, I admit I might have been using armchair psychology when I tried to guess why Helios was guilty.

I was also unhappy with Helios' attitude which I never stopped mentioning D4

But he played shitty and has apologized and didn't want to hurt anyone etc etc it's no big deal

Helios went for me because I didn't stop bugging him

I take credit for that

Lol!

Btw, I'm sorry for having had to shift votes to you than get you hammered. It's not really your fault, and I don't want you to take it personally that I was targeting you or anything.

I was also unhappy with Helios' attitude which I never stopped mentioning D4

But he played shitty and has apologized and didn't want to hurt anyone etc etc it's no big deal

Well, I don't feel that his apology was sincere given he continued justifying what he did (aka he likely doesn't think he did anything wrong and the apology is just like a formality), but I'll drop it here, seeing as I might get people angry if I continue pushing this.

Isn't that like a manipulation in itself?

He wanted Boron -> j00 but I could get him to change to j00 -> Boron with what I said.

That's like the epitome of manipulation.

That's the same case for JB's lynch too.

EDIT: Would he have gone for j00 first if I had not interfered? If he had, then it's not manipulation, because he would have done it had I not interfered. Otherwise, it is to an extent, manipulation.

Actual manipulation is causing him to change his reads in some way or doubt them. The fact that you were able to "manipulate" him here is part of why Helios played badly D3/D4. Please stop being so arrogant here. You won, but the only people in the game who deserved to win were Kay, Paperblade, j00, SB (not his slot as a whole though), and Boron, excluding some of the stuff she pulled on D4. The fact that you're being so arrogant while chastising someone else for being arrogant is doubly worse.

Most of the time, you seem like you have no idea how others perceive you and your actions (or how they will in the future), which is a problem in a social game like Mafia.

A more blunt way of putting it is that you seem totally clueless, and not in an acceptable way like Proto.

Prims, before going , give me some tips on appearing self-aware. It's tbh, a social skill that I think I lack in real life as well...

Actual manipulation is causing him to change his reads in some way or doubt them. The fact that you were able to "manipulate" him here is part of why Helios played badly D3/D4. Please stop being so arrogant here. You won, but the only people in the game who deserved to win were Kay, Paperblade, j00, SB (not his slot as a whole though), and Boron, excluding some of the stuff she pulled on D4. The fact that you're being so arrogant while chastising someone else for being arrogant is doubly worse.

I didn't change his reads, but I got him to change from Boron -> j00 to j00 to Boron. Would that happen without my interference?

I'm not being arrogant. I'm just using a neutral tone here. I've seriously had enough of being called arrogant by the community when I'm trying to use a neutral tone and not letting any of my emotions show over the internet.

Prims, before going , give me some tips on appearing self-aware. It's tbh, a social skill that I think I lack in real life as well...

i'd say think about how you would perceive another person doing what you're about to do. as scum you gotta think about if town could see you making your post as town

this requires you to actually have the same sort of perception as other people in the first place, though. it's important to consider that not everybody thinks the same way you do, so stuff like "helios was being smug" isn't objectively (i didn't think he was smug at all)

in the context of mafia that requires understanding of the game itself, which is why learning from experience is important

I lost because I also was shit though, I can admit that. I gave you far too much passes when it should have been obvious and my use of actions were completely idiotic.

I think the game could have gone either way. It depends on who is more determined to go through with their lynches.

<timaeusTestified> I meant in adventures but I was probably getting them mixed up

<Prims> not marf

<BBM> well if it happened fairly recently it tends to be in their minds

<BBM> marth didnt play in adventures

<BBM> blame mancer

<timaeusTestified> yeah I was mixing up games

<BBM> he messaged marth with the scumteam

<timaeusTestified> gg

<BBM> then i made a sub PM with all the possible subs in it

<Paperblade> wait

<BBM> marth, rapier, iris

<Paperblade> he PM'd a sub the scumteam?

<Paperblade> that's

<Paperblade> really

<Paperblade> bad

<BBM> and asked if they wanted to sub in

<BBM> marth was like

<BBM> no, sorry, mancer told me the scumteam

<timaeusTestified> marth should have been like HELL YES

<timaeusTestified> and won

<Paperblade> ........................

<BBM> so then rapier couldnt sub in either

<Paperblade> marth is smooth too

* scorri|spaaaaaace has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)

<BBM> but i kicked iris before she saw it

<Prims> this story should be posted in-thread imo

<Prims> it's funny

<Prims> and cautionary

<timaeusTestified> yes do it

DON'T TELL SUBS YOUR ROLE thanks

DON'T TELL SUBS YOUR ROLE thanks

I'm sorry....... There's no explanation or excuse for this. I think this means I'm the cause of the bad modkill decisions, since if I didn't spoil it for Marth, there would be enough subs for Elie, Strawman and Iris.

Helios went for me because I didn't stop bugging him

I take credit for that

This is true. Again I'm sorry j00 I wasn't thinking clearly and I cost the town. You played well and I should have payed more attention to you during (for me it was daytime) on Saturday instead of putting you off until it was too late.

@Mancer: I'm going to try and put this as kindly as possible, but you're extremely off about everything you've said regarding me. You don't know me as a person, you don't understand how psychology works, so don't act like it please. There are so many things I could say if I really wanted to, but I'm choosing not to for the sake of not hurting anyone's feelings/derailing the thread any further. Please try not to provoke me; I can only be so patient.

This game ended at last.

Next time, when I don't have a lot of free time to mafia, I'll just not post for a couple of days, since doing my best to help town have a productive day gets accusations of waffling/active lurking. :/ This especially holds true if I'm a useful investigative role.

Speaking of which, what do I have to do to get some damn protection? I got SK'd and kidnapped N1, only surviving because Kay somehow found Mewtwo on her first search (seriously, I'm impressed) and killed on N2. The only town actions targetting me were the N1 roleswap, which actually did protect my result as BBM pointed out, but Shinori targetted me by accident (and also targetted scorri, which was unlucky) and a boost N2 that would have been useless even if I survived because I'd used all my shots by then. Particularly, there were TWO watchers and NEITHER OF THEM WATCHED THE CLAIMED COP WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT. YOU WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THE SILENCER RED-HANDED.

I could rant more but it'd only result in hurt feelings all round. Neither side did well overall but I guess mafia get credit for not getting lynched.

EDIT: Actually I'm legitimately curious. Helios, what did I do that reminded you of Schoolteacher? (presumably that's the game you meant)

Edited by Baldrick

Yeah, it actually would have been awkward if both of them had watched me, since they'd both have to claim and even then it'd be you vs JB for the lynch. But at least JB had a plan which almost paid off (he could have chosen Scorri with the same reasoning). Between this game and Urist McDwarf, I think that playing with Neko in a mafia game is just as fun as playing with Sharpy in a draft.