Pokemon Adventures R/B/G/Y Mafia

BBM

also, that reminds me

I commented on what she did in the GY (according to IOs it was somewhat intentional). Shit like this is annoying, especially when start doing it STRATEGICALLY because they think it's a good idea. It's antitown and makes everyone else feel like shit, and I'm seriously considering modkilling people for it in future games I host. Make up a sound argument for why you shouldn't be lynched or go down with dignity.

Except Boron really did lose it with Helios's posts and me bringing up a supposed slip.

I apologized to her in Skype and she said its partially her fault because she had drunk alcohol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, that reminds me

I commented on what she did in the GY (according to IOs it was somewhat intentional). Shit like this is annoying, especially when start doing it STRATEGICALLY because they think it's a good idea. It's antitown and makes everyone else feel like shit, and I'm seriously considering modkilling people for it in future games I host. Make up a sound argument for why you shouldn't be lynched or go down with dignity.

I know, and I'm sorry for that. It honestly wasn't my intention to go that far. I told BBM that I was going to get a little mean, which I have done before (in Filler 9p before I had to sub), but I didn't mean to completely lose my shit and there really is no logical reason why I did either. Hence, the long break so I can get my shit together and play properly next game I join, whenever that is.

Which reminds me.

I'm sorry Elieson for pointing out your excuses and reasons for inactivity on Day 3 after Boron claimed. I knew long before what your reasons were. I did what I said in thread because I wanted to draw attention away from Boron's slip, and it worked, sorta, cause no one else noticed it.

Helios, if you wanted to push a Boron lynch, that post with her claim in it is perfect evidence to lynch her.

disagree because the way she was playing she would have argued it pretty hard the way she did with the reluctance to claim bit that she did, which was really her big slip up IMO. she didn't want to give in and was stubborn about it which I can respect.

No it's my fault, I let my own personal feelings get in the way. I just didn't want to anger you because I felt bad. I actually respect you as a person out of mafia and I've had fun talking to you on IRC before so I didn't want to accidentally hurt your feelings anymore than I did before. I knew you were scum, and I focused on trying to prove that through showing I was town in order to avoid a head-on-head argument between us as a result. Was it a bad idea in hindsight? Yeah. But did I think I would get the best of both worlds that way? Yeah. So no worries, I forgive you for anything harsh you said to me, though I was certainly disappointed that you attacked my character as a person haha. But it's okay I know you're not that type of person! So yeah I apologize and I hope you forgive me. Though be warned, I'm not falling for your emotional appeal again :P haha.

I'm still sorry for personally attacking your character. It wasn't strategic, and I was legitimately frustrated with the way you treated my argument. I won't make any excuses. I know what some of my faults are, but I have a hard time keeping myself from doing things I logically know I'll regret later in the heat of the moment, and it's a fault I want to fix soon. So I apologize. I didn't mean any harm towards you.

also, that reminds me

honestly thought about saying it because remember how bizz and I talked about this before? wanted to say that the emotional appeal made her (boron) even more scummy but decided against it because i didn't really want to make her mad at me or anyone else.

Edited by Helios

Whether it's legitimate or not doesn't matter. Too many people on this forum take "you're scummy" or "you're not playing well" as a personal attack and I'm really getting tired of it.

More like "I'm suspicious of you" vs "I'm irritated by you". Or "You're obvscummy" vs "You're playing poorly".

There are differences, and primarily it can be based on the assumed tone behind the post. One doesn't say things like"irritated" unless actually irritated. One can point out scum regardless of mood or tone.

Edited by Elieson

I'm still sorry for personally attacking your character. It wasn't strategic, and I was legitimately frustrated with the way you treated my argument. I won't make any excuses. I know what some of my faults are, but I have a hard time keeping myself from doing things I logically know I'll regret later in the heat of the moment, and it's a fault I want to fix soon. So I apologize. I didn't mean any harm towards you.

You are forgiven no worries :). I think if you understood me better as a person it wouldn't have happened, because I'm really not the type of guy you were saying I was when you were getting angry haha. I was really confused how you got all that out of my posts at first and had to talk to Bizz about it to see what I did wrong with my wording. I'm just a little too blunt with things sometimes and I should probably try and word things better to avoid any unnecessary conflict. Ironically that was what I was trying to do by ignoring your arguments and just proving I was town and proving you scum through irrefutable means, but ehh didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Such is life.

You are forgiven no worries :). I think if you understood me better as a person it wouldn't have happened, because I'm really not the type of guy you were saying I was when you were getting angry haha. I was really confused how you got all that out of my posts at first and had to talk to Bizz about it to see what I did wrong with my wording. I'm just a little too blunt with things sometimes and I should probably try and word things better to avoid any unnecessary conflict. Ironically that was what I was trying to do by ignoring your arguments and just proving I was town and proving you scum through irrefutable means, but ehh didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Such is life.

Scum or town, no one likes it when they spend hard effort and a long time writing up a post only for it to be ignored. And I wrote up some ridiculously long posts in D4.

@Elieson: none of those things are personal attacks in the context of mafia

The latter 2 were. If i am wrong well then that goes to show that not everyone feels the same way you do about vocabulary.

"You're not playing well" isn't really a personal attack, especially while the game is still going and it could come from scum trying to discourage you. "You're a bad player" basically is... though it's not even that insulting, Mafia is hardly the most important thing in life (eWlIo.gif but w/e).

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

this is true tho

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

I'm not going to disagree with any of that. I completely agree, and my play this game was terrible, and I really shouldn't have joined in the first place. All I can say is that I'm sorry and stay away from mafia games until I get my issues sorted out.

I just read the Graveyard, and I lol-ed at several things in there.

I had actually wanted to take Blue (the female one) as an SK/ITP, because there seemed to be none and town and scum both having Hooks seemed too OP.

Then, I had some internal conflicts within my mind that legitimately confused me and messed up my thoughts in D4.

Yeah, I need to play better, but playing from a scum perspective helped me learn more about how to appear slightly more town.

Thank you everyone for the help and advice.

Scum or town, no one likes it when they spend hard effort and a long time writing up a post only for it to be ignored. And I wrote up some ridiculously long posts in D4.

Well like I said, I didn't mean to disrespect you, just wanted to avoid any chance of an unnecessary argument so I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings unintentionally. It's ironic that it didn't work out that way though but ehh sometimes your intentions don't end up being the result of your actions.

Aw should've gone with Mancer first

Helios if you hadn't kept blowing me off or considered Mancer were lying I might've listened to you but you played so crap I really thought you were worse

Oh well I was wrong too so w/e

SB, if you'd trusted Helios to lynch Boron then j00 after her, town would end up losing for mislynching j00 on the subsequent MyLo phase.

If you'd trusted Elieson to lynch both Boron and I, then town would likely win, but Elieson was unable to try to persuade you guys, so.....