TFS Abridged

Lord Raven

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched DBZ completely, either. I've seen a few episodes as a kid, but since my mom was very sceptical towards any kind of electronical entertainment, I could only sneak in one or two episodes a week. As a student, I started to watch it coherently (actually starting with DB), but I gave up some time during the Freeza fight because that shit got boring fast (actually no, it got boring very, very slowly). I did continue by reading the manga online just to know where the story would end up, but that was mostly because at that point I had already discovered DBZA somewhere and I wanted to at least read the original before watching the parody.

I was told that Kai would be a LOT more tolerable that the original, so if you're still interested in it, Rezzy, that might be worth checking out. I also enjoyed the original DragonBall series quite a bit, since it is a lot more light-hearted than DBZ (most of the time, anyway) and I found the fights more entertaining than the eternal HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH of the later episodes.

• 1 month later...

What the fuck is that? lol I loved it because it was such a troll.

Part 2 is gonna be like all action so I don't know how they're gonna deal with that if at all.

Lots of banter, like how they do all the other fight scenes. Some of their best humor comes from the fight scenes.

I am just afraid it will be uninteresting, much like (and due to) Broly himself. I am pretty sure they're also afraid of this.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, they said repetitively that they all unanimously hate Broly as a villain. Something along the lines of 'Broly is everything that is wrong with DBZ'.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird seeing this movie again and how it contrast with the sequel.

I mean, this movie portrays Broly as this unstoppable, galaxy destroying juggernaut who can crush four Super Saiyans at once without breaking a sweat. And then in the sequel he marks his return by failing to hit a human girl who was restricted in her movement by a bulky dress and only knew how to fly for less then a month, and then struggles to beat a bunch of kids. He even gets literally peed on.

Toei works in mysterious ways.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 months later...

I would really like to have it confirmed if we are really not going to see Mr. Satan's students from the anime filler again. I truly hope they are gone and the episode most certainly suggests as much. But of course in the original footage they are always right next to Mr. Satan. I'm sure that editing them out is no small feat.

Edited by BrightBow

It was a fun episode for sure, albeit with an unsatisfying ending. 

Is there any reason why this one took so long though? I don't mean that in a whiny way, I mean they provide high quality free entertainment and I'm very thankful for that, but I feel like the last episode/movie came a very long time ago. 

I imagine lots of custom animations. For instance they had to animate Mr. Satan WITHOUT any of his lackies there, and they had to animate the whole scene with his lackies dying or something to that extent. They also have their own lives and run their own youtube channel on top of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tien got alot of good dialog this episode. Thats great in my book. 

Also Cell & Goku talking about stealing techniques got a laugh

I hate myself for instantly noticing and being slightly bothered by Mr. Satan's disciples at 4:14 -.- Doesn't make me any less impressed with their work though, don't get me wrong.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Tien got alot of good dialog this episode. Thats great in my book. 

Yeah, I like their Tien and his dragon-bullying in general. Definitely funnier than his serious-if-slightly-annoyed persona at the start of DBZA.

A fun episode, but a bit short. I also really dislike Mr. Satan; he takes up so much time and his gimmick got old in the first episode he was in.

On the plus side, I laughed out loud when they were talking about Goku stealing techniques. King Kai's "my fucking name is in it" was the best line in the entire episode.

Yeah, I agree with the Mr. Satan stuff taking up too much time. It'd be fine if it were one joke an episode or something, but he got like, a 1/5 of the screen time this episode, and he's not making any comments that are THAT much different than what we got in the actual show.

I also like that Cell keeps trying to give Yamcha encouragement/life advice.

Edited by Slumber