Create Your Own Skills

Jotari

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange, it makes no sense for Edward to even be close to equaling Ike. Ike has had training and gained more experience. He should logically have better stats. The game even pretty much states that Edward is a rookie.

hahaha trying to logic fe stats

why does nino, an amateur mage girl, end up with better averages than Pent, an accomplished magical scholar from Utruria who is also friends with the arch sage

because fe doesn't put logic into their stats.

hahaha trying to logic fe stats

why does nino, an amateur mage girl, end up with better averages than Pent, an accomplished magical scholar from Utruria who is also friends with the arch sage

because fe doesn't put logic into their stats.

Nino is implied to be a prodigy, if I recall. Edward is shown to be pretty much the opposite. xP

Besides, I've heard that Pent is actually the best mage in FE7.

Edited by Anacybele

Nino is implied to be a prodigy, if I recall. Edward is shown to be pretty much the opposite. xP

Besides, I've heard that Pent is actually the best mage in FE7.

Show me the text where it implies that. Eddie's growth rates imply anything but the opposite.

And yes, overall he's the best. But everyone was talking averages, so I did too.

Edited by seph1212

Show me the text where it implies that. Eddie's growth rates imply anything but the opposite.

And yes, overall he's the best. But everyone was talking averages, so I did too.

In Nino's support with Erk, she says that she learned magic by watching and imitating Sonia. Nino can't even read and she uses magic well. That sounds like a prodigy to me.

Edward is my 3rd favourite character in RD, his stats never disappoint when actually trained.

To get back on topic:

Backfire- Critical hits received are put towards the opponent instead, but also works vice-versa.

Veteran's weapon- increases critical +10 for weaons under 10 durability.

Platoon-+5 avoid for every ally of the same class in a 3 tile radius

Scorch- Turn forest tiles into fire tile for one turn, and then plain permanently in a one range radius (fire manaketes)

These two go together, ja:

Snap Siege (Passive (Command)(Enemy Only))- When equipped with a Siege Tome, attack enemies crossing into range automatically (Even on their turn) without weapon usage, but this consumes your turn.

("Command" shuts it off. There's an animation for the deactivation of the skill... This can happen regardless of whether or not it went off. If it did, the guy still loses his turn.) This skill will only activate if the unit that triggers it by entering the mage's range has at least a 55% chance to be struck and will take damage.

Stun Spell: (100% Activation) - When dealing magic damage, cancel your opponent's turn. (It cancels second (or counter) and grays out units if they're mounted, etc. Works hand in hand with Snap Siege, allowing a mage to lock down a unit by attacking them on their turn and turning them gray immediately.)

Take and Give: Leaves the skill owner with 1 HP and damages the adjacent enemy by the amount of HP subtracted from the unit's current health

Transfer: Transfer the unit's status conditions(multiple statuses are allowed) onto an adjacent unit(ally or enemy). If the skill holder is adjacent to more than one unit, the unit that receives the status condition will be chosen at random

Resistance: If skill holder is afflicted with a status condition, the unit is immune to the same status condition for the remainder of the chapter.

Dark Void: (Mag)% - Additional effects from Dark Magic spells do not affect the skill holder. (For example, Nosferatu doesn't heal the opponent's HP, and Luna does not nullify resistance)

Besiege: (Skill)% - Doubles the accuracy of all siege tomes and ballistae.

Conquest: (Skill)% - Doubles the bonuses given from specific terrain.

Brave Soul: (Skill + Mag)% OR (Skill + Str)% - Allows all weapons and tomes to be given a Brave effect, allowing the skill holder to attack up to twice every attack, or up to four times if they have higher speed than their opponent.

Assault Canto: Allows the skill holder to move again after defeating an enemy or performing an action if they have not used up their entire movement for their turn. If they move adjacent to an enemy using this skill, they can attack them.

Furor: (Skill)% - In addition to the normal amount of attacks the skill holder can perform, they can perform extra attacks based on how many times they are attacked, returning 1.5x the damage taken from each attack.

Reaver: The weapon triangle is reversed for the skill holder, allowing axes to defeat swords, swords to defeat lances, and lances to defeat axes.

Jackpot: Accuracy and Avoid are increased by 20 every 7 turns.

Phantasm: (Luck * 2)% - When under half HP, Avoid is increased by 30.

Reflection: (Skill * 2)% - If any ranged attacks from arrows or tomes fail to hit the skill holder, they can return the attack for up to half the damage that would have normally been taken.

Edited by Karaszure

Most of these names suck, but I'm terrible with names.

Infiltrate (class exclusive to like spies or rogues or something, basically a thief promotion) - Command. Allows unit to pass through enemies and enemies will not attack unit. Can only be used once per map. Is deactivated if unit attacks an enemy or interacts with player characters. (I'm not sure whether to make it so the unit can trade with enemies.)

[weapon] proficiency - allows unit to use weapons of specified type that are class exclusive or prf, with some exceptions, like legendary weapons.

Combat savant - gives unit WTA against all enemies.

Parry - Command. Must be dismounted. (Possibly only usable before moving). If unit is attacked by an enemy with WTD and the enemy's attack would hit, take no damage and deal 1.5x damage. This counts as an attack, so if the unit could double, will only do one additional attack, or if can't, won't do any.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Dual Wield: (Passive) Allows the user to equip two weapons of the same type with reduced MT and HIT.). Does not work with Bows. When attacking, the user will attack twice, once with each weapon.

(MT Penalty depends on the Weapon: Swords: 2, Axe: 3, Lance: 4, Tome: 2. Hit penalty is a flat 30.) (This skill functions like a Brave weapon, and stacks with Braves to boot. Also stacks with Astra for ungodly amounts of murderface. (Total Possible Hits is 40))

Edited by Airship Canon

(This skill functions like a Brave weapon, and stacks with Braves to boot. Also stacks with Astra for ungodly amounts of murderface. (Total Possible Hits is 40))

Imagine if that could critical.

But, I also find that image funny because Edward could NEVER logically or statistically beat Ike. Ike would squish the kid in one blow. Well, maybe two. But still.

I love how you turned the entire thread to a character debate comparison even if it's just a few posts... between Edward and your Ikey-poo. All because of one image.

They're evenly matched. One such reason as well is that his Nihil prevents Astra or Edwards innate Wrath.

Santa Edward and his Hohoho HD Jacket wishes you and your Ikey-poo a very Merry Christmas.

He'll deck his halls for you, don't worry.

Nino's not a prodigy as such. It was stated explicitly that Nino's parents were both themselves extremely strong Mages, which is why Sonia decided to adopt her after she and Nergal killed her parents. Sonia was hoping that Nino would show that same power. So there is in fact text support for why Nino's growths are so good.

Bunnypocalypse - Summons a horde of bunnies to eat the enemy. OHKO.

fuck balance i just want bunnies

That looks a lot like the FE Summon Skill, but with Taguel instead.

Not entirely new : Magic Seal : All units (ennemies and allies, including itself) in a Mag/2 range can't use Magic, Staves or Dragonstones.

Physical seal : Same as Magic Seal, but in a Strength/2 range and for weapons and beaststones.

Fury : Weapon Consumtion*2, but attacks with at least 2*Weapon power, and Hit and Crit boost. If you can attack the ennemy, the weapons effects are doubled.

All or Nothing : Command : Half Hit, but 100% Critical.

Terrain Master : allies in a 3 square radius are not affected by Movement terrain penalty (Except if it's 0) and see their trrain's bonus doubled

Ennemy-only : Luna's Soul : Command : Negates all ennemies stats and attacks it with it's stats.

Magic Attack. Range 1. Can't double. The ennemy can't counterattcks

(besides all his stats are 0, so it's useless)

For example, the user have 15 Mag 20 Skill and 10 Luck. If you use FE7's calculations, it'll attack with 15 Might, 75 Hit and 1 Crit. If you use Awakening's calculations, it'll give 35 hit.

(20*2 + 10/2). You may add a hit base up to 30 Hit.

Edited by TendaSlime

Brave Soul: Negates the effect of opponent's brave weapons (and all equivalents of such weapons like Amiti). Is not effected by Nilhil.

Stickyhands: Prevents thieves from stealing from this unit (so yeah pretty much every enemy with locked weapons would have this instead)

Gravity: All flying units in three range loose their flying status. For magic users only (they are effected by terrain bonuses like everyone else when moving through that area but won't be supper effected by arrows and such)

Edited by Jotari

Fading Flame: +5 to all stats, but each stat is lowered by one every time the unit kills a foe.

Magic Spike: Critical Hit chance with magic is multiplied by 0, 2, 5 or 10. Skill based activation rate - Luck x 2.

Opportunist: Doubles Attack/Magic if the foe is below half of their health.

I'm thinking of a skill that affects Def/Res

Like a random chance (or always, depending on whether it's balanced or not) of a weapon hitting an enemy's resistance or a tome hitting an enemy's defence.

Could be either a skingle skill or one skill for each variation.

Like 'Mage Killer' (Tome hits Def) or Weaponslayer (Weapon hits Res)

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Oh look, I've got more!

Brutality: (Passive) - The skill holder's Shove and Smite skills can now damage the enemy. Shove deals 10 damage, and Smite deals 15 damage.

Final Stand: When the skill holder has been reduced to 1/3 HP, their Attack, Defense, Accuracy, and Avoid are increased by 15.

Magical Maw: (Mag + Res)% - Tomes now restore the skill holder's HP instead of damaging them.

Undeath: (Passive) - The skill holder is now damaged by staves and healing items. This skill can be passed on as a status ailment to anyone that attacks or heals the user.

Desperado: (Passive) - Enemy units are drawn toward the skill holder, but the skill holder's avoid increases by 20 whenever an enemy unit comes within two spaces of them.

Abyss: (Skill/2)% - Negates Resistance and halves enemy's Avoid for one turn.

Raid: (Skill)% - In the event that the skill holder ends up killing an enemy with more damage than the opponent's HP, the remaining damage is converted into extra EXP.

Edited by Karaszure

I love how you turned the entire thread to a character debate comparison even if it's just a few posts... between Edward and your Ikey-poo. All because of one image.

They're evenly matched. One such reason as well is that his Nihil prevents Astra or Edwards innate Wrath.

Santa Edward and his Hohoho HD Jacket wishes you and your Ikey-poo a very Merry Christmas.

He'll deck his halls for you, don't worry.

Rey i fucking love you for this.

>Ike 2HKOs Edward with range at 91% true hit

>Edward doubles and 7HKOs back without range with 23% crit

"evenly matched"