Tales of Symphonia Mafia Ver. 1.0

Shinori

I'm bad at opening flavor. Someone donate Please.

"I THINK WE ARE IN TROUBLE." Said Town member 1 who freakishly had the same voice as Lloyd even though he wasn't.

"I DONT KNOW. LETS HOPE WE CAN FIND THE ENEMIES BEFORE WE DIE." Said Town member 2 who freakishly sounded like Colette even though she wasn't.

The next morning the two were found dead. Enemies were here. DUH DUH DUH.

[spoiler=Rules, semi-standard clipsey style]0. This game is NOC. This means all talking must be done in the game thread (unless I tell you otherwise). Deal with it.

1. Living people can talk to other players about the game in the game thread only. Dead people, follow rule 14. Information cannot be passed from the dead to the living.

2. Everyone will get a role PM with a name, some flavor, a role, and a win condition. You may state your name, and paraphrase your own role. Don't talk directly about things that are underlined in your role pm.

3. Anyone is free to ask me to write them a fake, within reason. Asking me to write a fake so you can see the mafia wincon is not within reason.

4. Don't screenshot. Please.

5. This game begins on D1, so have fun~! No talking at night, unless I tell you otherwise.

6. A vote counts as ##(your choice of verb): (someone), with (your choice of verb) being "Vote" or something more creative, and (someone) being who you want to vote for. If you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first. Don't edit your posts, please.

7. In case of a lynch tie, one person will be randomly lynched. Maybe.

8. Each day phase will be roughly 72 hours, and each night phase will be roughly 24 hours. I'll post phase end times CST. Unless I say something BEFORE PHASE END, the phase will end at the scheduled time, whether I am present or not. Phases may end early if a majority is reached during the day, or if I get all night actions in at night.

9. Person with the most votes is lynched at the end of the day phase on D1 only. After that a hammer is required, hammer is simply (50% of usable votes in the game +1)

9a. If at the end of any day phase, the number of people not voting at phase end exceeds the majority vote, OR at least one-third of the game, rounded DOWN has not voted, the game will end with a universal loss. If you're gonna sign up, you'd best be arsed to play the game.

10. If you have a night action, and do not want to do it, reply to your role PM with Night X - Idling.

11. No items.

12. If you miss a day and night, you are eligible for auto-sub-out/modkill, whichever one is deemed more appropriate. If you need a sub, say so in the main thread and/or your role PM.

13. I made a nice little priority list, and it will be posted it once the game is over. This time, you will not see your own priority, so if you want to use priority as a reason why something happened/did not happen, you can TRY, but don't blame me if everyone wants to lynch you afterwards. By popular request, none of the roles will screw with priority.

14. If you end up dead, you CAN post in thread, but you may NOT do anything to contribute towards the game (scumhunt, give out information, etc.) If at any time a dead player has more posts on default PPV than the living players, I will modkill them in the grave. If during any day phase, there are more dead people posts than living player posts, every single dead person who posted will be posthumously modkilled. (in other words, I don't mind a post or two, but don't spam the thread if you're dead)

15. Punishment for breaking the rules will range from nothing to modkills. If you feel that the risk of punishment is worth it, go for it, but be warned that things will probably not turn out the way you want it to.

16. If in doubt, follow your role PM, or whatever I tell you in reply to your role PM. Pay attention, or you might miss something important~! If your role PM contradicts the rules, FOLLOW YOUR ROLE PM.

17. If you see your user name in the flavor, it means that you were randomly chosen to do something, so don't sweat it. If you see your role name in the flavor, it's for a reason.

18. If you have been modkilled, your win condition is "You win by being the last one alive".

19. If you ask a question, and I respond with "Tee-hee~!", it means you're not getting a straight answer until postgame. There is a reason for this. HOWEVER, if you want to know whether something will get you modkilled, I will most likely give you a straight answer. . .but don't ask me stupidly convoluted questions for the sake of getting on my nerves.

20. If you want to share your thoughts, I welcome them. Reply to your role PM/bug me on IRC if you wish to do this.

21. If I tell you to do something, and you don't listen, you probably aren't going to like what will happen next.

22. If you feel the need to complain about some aspect of the game before the game is over, please do so in your role PM. Dead players are free to bitch about whatever they want in their role PMs, and only their role PMs. You can also whine on IRC, and I'll do my best to humor you.

23. You're dead when you die. I refuse to exhume corpses.

24. If I can't figure out what you're trying to say in the game thread in under a minute, you'll have quite a bit of explaining to do.

25. Do not attempt to lynch/kill Yours Truly, no matter how tempting it may be.

26. The only players that can affect the game are on the player list. Talking to people not playing in this game is highly discouraged, 'cause there's no telling who will slip what (and I'd rather not have to modkill you for a loose tongue).

27. No, you may not be an informed observer upon death.

28. Ignorance of the rules will probably make your punishment more harsh. The rules don't exist for my own reading pleasure.

29. You are NOT to talk about anything that is underlined specifically in thread. You may paraphrase such stuff though. If you are unsure, check with me so you don't get godkilled.

30. If I think of anything else, it'll go here.

Living players: Copy paste is easy. I'll put ISO's in here later.

1. Elie

2. Obviam

5. IrisBaldrick

6.Shatter

7. SB

10. Seregil

11. Joo

12. LevyStrawman

13. Mancer

Dead Players:

Town member 1 and 2. Those poor souls.

Shin - Genis, the Town Dreamer, lynched day 1.

BBM - Forcycstus, the Town Governor, Killed in his bed night 1.

Marth - Yuan, the Town Watcher, lynched day 2.

Scorri - ??????????????????, Burnt to a crisp night 2.

Prims - Presea Combatir, lynched Day 3.

Helios - Rodyle, town Full cop, Impaled by a giant spear Night 3.

Subs:

1. Loocy

2. Strawman

3. Cam

4. Baldrick

Informed observers:

1. PaperBlade.

2. Boron

Role PM's are going out. Once a fair amount of people have confirmed the game will start. Please confirm via Role PM.

Edited by Shinori

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavor purposes! I know it's bad but. but. I'M SORRY. Better flavor on other days when I'm not busy.

Everyone gathered around together in the town square in Iselia. They had gathered to mourn the passing of the two townspeople that had been found murdered. After everything was finished people stayed gathered around to talk about the murder. Since the town gates were closed at night they knew the traitors had to still be in the town. Leaving the gates locked they gathered everyone together that was capable of killing the townspeople. Someone here or a group of people here was evil, and deserved to be punished.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Bizz

I don't like how big a deal you're making of a jokevote. People jokevote themselves in RVS all the time, and it's hardly a reason to start being wary of someone.

I come from somewhere where voting for oneself is a scumtell but I think it's mostly because it comes off like "I'm not going to make a big deal about votes on me" showing a lack of fear (since often people get suspicious of players who overreact to votes on them, so it's kind of an inverted effect, kind of like reverse psychology/wifom)

it's weird you'd jump on me about that because I didn't even vote Helios in the first place!

I come from somewhere where voting for oneself is a scumtell but I think it's mostly because it comes off like "I'm not going to make a big deal about votes on me" showing a lack of fear (since often people get suspicious of players who overreact to votes on them, so it's kind of an inverted effect, kind of like reverse psychology/wifom)

it's weird you'd jump on me about that because I didn't even vote Helios in the first place!

but nobody fears votes in rvs

The fact that you didn't vote for him doesn't exactly make me more assured of you. If you thought that Helios's actions were suspicious enough that they merited keeping an eye on him, why did you choose to keep a meaningless vote on Prims over putting some actual pressure on him?

@Marth- Not really a votehop considering my Scorri vote was pretty throwaway.

My vote on Prims actually isn't meaningless! But I'd rather not disclose my reason for voting him atm. I have it in my notes and I'll reveal it when necessary but it's not that important anyway. I don't like the way you're acting though, kind of an overreaction to me. I have this:

BBM #15 and #17: vehemently maintaining that RVS jokevotes are just that. Possible buddy-up to Helios/slight overreaction. Also didn't even wait for Helios to confirm whether it was a joke or not; jumped to conclusions.

We don't even know what Helios's intentions really were in the first place, yet you put words in his mouth because "this is RVS" and therefore everything is meaningless. But your behavior towards Helios is rather unusual and comes off as overly defensive.

My vote on Prims actually isn't meaningless! But I'd rather not disclose my reason for voting him atm. I have it in my notes and I'll reveal it when necessary but it's not that important anyway.

Literally pulling the same move I pulled in Draft Mafia, when I was scum, also

##Unvote

##Vote: Levity OMGUS

Self-voting in the year two thousand twelve isn't cool and Helios should stop wasting our time. Bluedoom's reasons for voting BBM aren't any stronger than BBM's reasons for voting Levity as far as I can tell; care to explain how BBM's vote is scummy?

Even if you have your own reasons for voting for Prims, keeping them to yourselves and placing a vote with no reasons behind it in a stage of the game where most votes ARE meaningless BECOMES meaningless because people are hardly going to take it seriously.