Tales of Symphonia Mafia Ver. 1.0

Shinori

Prims vote is meta because I feel when he is scum he guises a secondvote on someone in RVS as a protown pressure vote. He was the second vote on Helios, post #6.

if you Really Need To Know (it's lame)

also Prims OMGUSes as scum too, so I guess I got a nice reaction out of that. And BBM, don't you think Helios has enough pressure anyway? He should be policy'd for selfvote but people aren't going to do that because it's RVS and I think that's bullshit but there's nothing I or anyone else can really do about it

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh whoops, I forgot Prims unvoted Helios just now lol

whatever I think I'd rather vote Prims or BBM over Helios right now, but I expect him to explain what his selfvote was about when he gets back

I don't really think votes like those that Scorri and Prims had provide enough pressure for Helios to react, and his own vote is obviously not going to cause him much worry. I don't like it when people shy away from placing votes because there are already too many on that person.

I feel like there's more of a reason to suspect you and Prims until I can see more material from Helios atm so at this point Helios pressure is kind of moot. What also gets me is how Prims judged my action based on self-meta. That's a huge red flag to me.

gais i'm miller don't inspect me plz

Personally I think all of you (well not all) are making a big deal out of nothing -- while I don't think Helios was out of character for self-voting, self-voting itself is just dumb, even in RVS periods

##Vote: Seregil

I had to click on your profile to identify who you were! A belated welcome to mafia! o:

But to address BBM's point directly --

I realize it might be kind of irritating/scummy when people 'won't vote on someone because they have too many votes on them'; and I won't deny that I'm guilty of that, but mostly because I don't prefer to do it when it's still early in the game and Helios hasn't really been around to answer what anyone has said. And, again, I feel I have more of a reason to vote Prims instead of Helios.

also noting Iris's miller claim.

Literally pulling the same move I pulled in Draft Mafia, when I was scum, also

##Unvote

##Vote: Levity OMGUS

Self-voting in the year two thousand twelve isn't cool and Helios should stop wasting our time. Bluedoom's reasons for voting BBM aren't any stronger than BBM's reasons for voting Levity as far as I can tell; care to explain how BBM's vote is scummy?

Rofl Prims vs Levity

BBM's vote is scummy because it looks like he pulled some half-assed reasoning for it. Voting someone for being wary of a self-vote? Yeah right.

Disagree with Bizz's gut read on Prims' vote on Helios. Don't think its an issue with meta but stacking votes to pressure and look town is a scum thing I've done(Trainwreck) so I CAN see where you're coming from. Still, looking at the time-stamps, there was only a 2 min difference so guess I'd give him the benefit of doubt. Ok.

Don't see much problem with Helios' self-vote. I'm interpreting it as a reaction test and it doesn't require too much attention.

Disagree with Bizz's gut read on Prims' vote on Helios. Don't think its an issue with meta but stacking votes to pressure and look town is a scum thing I've done(Trainwreck) so I CAN see where you're coming from. Still, looking at the time-stamps, there was only a 2 min difference so guess I'd give him the benefit of doubt. Ok.

You don't have to agree with it, the reason I didn't reveal it at first was because it was kind of a silly reason in the first place! I don't like voting purely on meta but I got a reaction from Prims that I didn't like. He didn't address anything else I've said at all, just the one fact (I wouldn't reveal my reason for voting for him), then attributed his reason why to self-meta. "I did this as scum so Levity is probably scum for doing it too"

I don't disagree that my vote against Bizz was half-assed, but it was still more of a reason to vote for somebody than what anybody else had given up to that point, and it certainly achieved more than keeping my vote on Scorri would have.

Also, Marth, care on expanding on what you think about Prims vs Levity from his side? "rofl Prims vs Levity" is kinda vague.

Except I have actual reasons for being suspicious of Prims now instead of "I'M GETTING WEIRD VIBES FROM HIM"

I'm trying to avoid baseless rivalries or grudge votes or whatever. I'm not being wary of Prims just because it's something I've been known to do often, I just think his behavior so far has been as questionable as BBM's behavior. And I don't think his vote on me was any stronger than Marth's vote on BBM, which he had criticized.

I keep seeing Elie/Scorri/JB in here but nothing from them

Marth and Helios are sillly, but what they did something players of both alignments do in RVS a lot. My remarks toward them weren't accusatory.

My OMGUS on Levity was facetious. I don't think her reactions are scummy but I do want to punch her over the internet for unironically saying "also Prims OMGUSes as scum too".

##Unvote

##Vote: scorri

scorri is scum. Everybody who does not have a serious vote scorri, or explain why the person you're voting instead is a better target.

I don't disagree that my vote against Bizz was half-assed, but it was still more of a reason to vote for somebody than what anybody else had given up to that point, and it certainly achieved more than keeping my vote on Scorri would have.

Do you still think Levity is a good vote? You didn't acknowledge her response and seem to be defending your vote in terms of "this vote is better than everything else" and not "Levity is scummier than everyone else".

My bad I was watching Death Note with my little bros so I couldn't get to this immediately. Watching shows like that make start to think like a detective, so I hope that'll translate to me being a better scumhunter lol. On to clarifying things up!

My self-vote was just a reaction test to see who would jump on it (Marth knows me too well). Come on Bizz you know me better than Iris does and even she knows what I did isn't out of character :P. I think I've gotten a good idea on some people based on the reactions I got though.

Bizz's defensiveness seems sincere to me -- I think she's really just finding Prims scummy for meta reasons. Not to mention I don't think scum would jump on my RVS self-vote but would rather dodge that entirely so they wouldn't put attention on themselves. So town vibes from her.

Oh and I believe Iris's Miller claim.

##Unvote (Helios)

##Vote Marth

For now I think your vote on BBM was worse than BBM's vote on Bizz, but I'm still kinda debating this in my head. I think one of you two is scum right now. Replying to Prims v. Levity as "lol" is something you'd do, but whenever someone just says something along the lines of "lol intown fighting" it's like dodging any analysis of what's actually happening while still contributing an opinion. Don't like how you were trying to make a point that Prims wasn't scum for stacking a vote, but later said "ehh well I've done that as scum to before so maybe not". Not a fan of the slight indecisiveness.

Hmm, well that's interesting. I had been mostly watching the argument develop/playing Star Wars, but since I'm heading to bed soonish, I'll put down a post before that.

scorri is scum. Everybody who does not have a serious vote scorri, or explain why the person you're voting instead is a better target.

Well... Helios is not me. Which makes him a better target. More seriously though, I'm not scum therefore FMPOV pretty much anyone is a better target. However, since Helios has been AFK since he dropped a vote on himself, I'm going to drop that case for a little and focus on something I've found a little more interesting. Specifically,

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

So, right. From what I'm seeing, Bizz's reaction to the Helios vote is basically a null tell, and then her points about Prims were very interesting and something to keep in mind. However, Marth not only jumped on BBM for a weak reason, but continued to press it and waves away the exchange between Bizz and Prims as "normal." Just because it's normal doesn't mean it's not relevant to this game. Every game is different. That exchange helps give reads and just because Bizz gets gut reads easily doesn't mean there's nothing to them.

##Unvote, ##Vote Prims

I think this is a better vote right now than Bizz. You're doing nothing useful with your vote at all, despite prodding people a lot and asking a lot of questions. You can't tell me that you think that vote on Scorri is going to help more than voting one of the people who's actually done something. Plus even though you have several posts you don't actually seem to have any reads, or at least not those you're willing to share.

but I do want to punch her over the internet for unironically saying "also Prims OMGUSes as scum too".

you've done it before... maybe it was a joke but I always treat jokes like genuine content in mafia (see: every RVS ever) so pardon me for my hastiness in my remark

Bizz's defensiveness seems sincere to me -- I think she's really just finding Prims scummy for meta reasons.

shut up omg

His reaction post towards me was just bad overall, he didn't even explain his feelings behind BBM vote on me vs. Marth vote on BBM, as I touched upon in my notes

Prims post #24:

"Bluedoom's reasons for voting BBM aren't any stronger than BBM's reasons for voting Levity as far as I can tell;"

but he didn't explain why!

Some of my meta bullshit wasn't ~entirely serious~ and so far a lot of what I've said hasn't been as much based off of meta/gut feeling as it usually is (despite a lot of what I said about Prims in the beginning). If it were, I'd be voting Scorri or Elieson right now because I'm not ~feeling them~ very much this game but it'd be pointless to do that now that I have actual reactions to work off of.

Speaking of which, I'm going to read the latest posts now

Hey Prims, lets turn the question back at you. Explain why I'm a better lynch than, say, you. And don't just say that I'm scum. Give good reasons.

(Also I know I said I was going to bed, but I got distracted by music. Here,

Actually I'm conflicted between BBM and Prims ...

BBM, has your opinion on me actually changed at all or are you saying you just find Prims scummier than I am? I agree with your suspicion on him but it seems really abrupt to me.

I'm also starting to see the case on Marth a bit. Seems like he was really benefiting from arguments between me and BBM and then the slight one between me and Prims.

I explained my vote against you... you don't seem to have any serious reads and all your posts seem to be prodding other people and trying to get them to say something without actually saying much yourself. On the other hand I can't see anything scummy that Scorri has done yet.