High school is killing me...

I'm offended. (<-Well, not really. What people say on the Internet doesn't faze me. I don't know them, and it's more than likely that I never will... so I don't overreact or anything like that, if you know what I mean.)

I know what you mean ;)

[insert 10-20 wubs]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Furetchen

...Sorry about that. It's just... I have an obsession with Fire Emblem. *-* (Ask my siblings; they'll agree. XD) A really big obsession... (Thankfully, nothing detrimental to anything has happened yet.)

... not even going to comment.

Oh, and... um... I'm not old enough to drink yet... nor do I really care. I'm not one for alcoholic drinks.

You never know 'til you try... but 16 is a little on the young side, I'll admit.

And I would take the classes I liked if I could, but I can't. I have to wait 'til college for that...

Why not?

97%, still complains

have fun with that

Usually the further into high school the more loose my scheduling was and the easier it was for me to get classes I wanted

But who knows maybe that's just my high school.

It still is easier in college though.

Edited by Freohr Datia

@Fenrir

(no comment)...

Actually, on second thought... I'd much appreciate it if such comments were avoided. Isn't this supposed to be a forum for conversations, not insults? But... you do whatever you please. I have no control whatsoever over what you say or what you do. I'm just saying, "Please, I'd prefer you refrain from such remarks. I deem them unnecessary. Thank you."

Huh? What did I do to make you all pissy?

Edited by Fenrir

Why not?

Many high schools have you take a certain amount of classes/credits in x subject before you're allowed to graduate. Or else I'd have stopped taking non-Shakespeare English classes a long time ago.

@Mouse

Great!

Oh, and I just noticed your "location." :)

I never knew the sun had a "dark side." :)

Haha... Humans can be so creative.

@Furetchen

No comment necessary. :)

And, uh... I don't think I'll drink until I'm old enough. (I don't know even know what the minimum legal age is in Maryland... for drinking.)

Also, why won't I take the classes I want...? Well, what Thor Odinson said.

Many high schools have you take a certain amount of classes/credits in x subject before you're allowed to graduate. Or else I'd have stopped taking non-Shakespeare English classes a long time ago.

Except for the Shakespearean English part... I hate Shakespearean English. It's so hard to understand. (Hamlet was interesting, though...)

About that last part... 97% is good, but 99% is better. That 2% can make a big difference. :)

@Freohr Datia

Hm, you must have gone to one interesting high school.

Usually, it's the other way around. The further in, the busier you get.

I look forward to college a lot. (I'm sure most of you guys felt that way, too... right?)

@Fenrir

Nothing! I'm not mad... or anything like that. I just don't like people cussing... I don't mind, though. It's just... uncomfortable to me, since I never do it.

But like I said, you can do whatever you want. I don't mind. :) (Nor am I mad. Just saying...)

@Thor Odinson

#_# Wow, this is the first time I've "met" someone who likes Shakespearean English.

It's so hard... maybe because I'm American? Or not... I'm not sure.

Well, that's certainly interesting... (I only read Hamlet and part of Romeo and Juliet.)

And, uh... I don't think I'll drink until I'm old enough.

Well, yeah, but that could mean anything...

About that last part... 97% is good, but 99% is better. That 2% can make a big difference. :)

... So there's exactly one university anywhere near you that offers the courses you want? With ridiculous qualifications? How specific do you even want? I mean, there's three universities I can think of just in Canberra, and this is not a big city.

And, uh... I don't think I'll drink until I'm old enough. (I don't know even know what the minimum legal age is in Maryland... for drinking.)

It's 21 in every state, as per federal law -.-

Also lol just wait till you get to college, you will drink. Hell my college even has a program to pick up and drive intoxicated minors home, no questions asked. You just call the number on the back of your student id and pay like 10-20 bucks for "cab" fare.

Course I started at 14 so... ~shrugs~

Edited by redturtle806

@Furetchen

No... I'm strongly against drinking, smoking, drugs, and premarital sex... I'm strongly against them.

So, although you're right, I intend on keeping my path... well... clean.

Oh, no, there's more than one university of course. And the qualifications aren't that high. But if I want scholarships, then I need to study well.

It's not the quantity, or even the quality, that matters. It's my financial situation. :)

So, I could get into a decent college easily enough. Getting into a good college, on the other hand, requires more effort. That's what I'm going for.

Of course, I could just do the bare minimum and have a mediocre life at best... but I want more than mediocre. (I'm a very selfish person. XD)

@redturtle806

#_#

Fourteen? Wow... That's my brother's age... I can't imagine him drinking... or getting drunk.

America's in a sa~ad state...

Yeah, I won't drink... I can't drink. Intoxication is bad for your health.

Liver problems aren't entirely uncommon for drinkers, as is respiratory problems for smokers.

Cirrhosis... and one of the forms of hepatitis... I think drinking causes them... I think.

And of course, there's lung disease.

Besides, I'm the type of person who obsesses over things. If I started drinking/smoking/taking drugs, I'm not sure if I'd be able to stop. That's why I don't even want to try... (And from what I've read, withdrawal is painfully hard.)

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

@Furetchen

No... I'm strongly against drinking and smoking... and premarital sex... I'm strongly against them.

So, although you're right, I intend on keeping my path... well... clean.

Riiight. I'm morbidly curious as to why.

Oh, no, there's more than one university of course. And the qualifications aren't that high. But if I want scholarships, then I need to study well.

It's not the quantity, or even the quality, that matters. It's my financial situation. :)

I'll grant you that's fair enough, and I wish you luck.

Of course, I could just do the bare minimum and have a mediocre life at best... but I want more than mediocre. (I'm a very selfish person. XD)

Well... to put it bluntly, you can live like a king and still have never gone to university. Granted, uni helps, but if that whole thing doesn't work out you're hardly fucked.

Edited by Furetchen

@Furetchen

Let's just say... I have my religious (and thus, moral) views.

(And no, it's not because I've tried any of the said things before... #_#)

And thank you. I'll try my best. I highly consider education. (Maybe because I'm Asian? No, that's not true... I'm more American than I am Asian. It's just... me. My youngest brother, on the other, hand... he's a totally different story... Oh my goodness, you should see how he rages when he has to study the teeniest amounts... and he's already in middle school.)

Yes, that last statement is true, too... but wouldn't you say that education raises your chances?

(After all, those people who live like kings, but don't go to college are either: (1) children of super rich people, (2) some sort of genius, or (3) super lucky.

(1) happens... (2) is not so common... and (3)? I'd say that pretty much every decent celebrity falls under that category.

@redturtle806

#_#

Fourteen? Wow... That's my brother's age... I can't imagine him drinking... or getting drunk.

America's in a sa~ad state...

I grew up in a town of 1000 people in the middle of nowhere... not much better to do. I'd say 90% of people in my high school drank or smoked weed.

Yeah, I won't drink... I can't drink. Intoxication is bad for your health.

Liver problems aren't entirely uncommon for drinkers, as is respiratory problems for smokers.

Cirrhosis... and one of the forms of hepatitis... I think drinking causes them... I think.

And of course, there's lung disease.

Moderation is key. Of course I too am the type who obsesses so moderation doesn't always work out.

Besides, I'm the type of person who obsesses over things. If I started drinking/smoking/taking drugs, I'm not sure if I'd be able to stop. That's why I don't even want to try... (And from what I've read, withdrawal is painfully hard.)

Nope you probably won't. Withdraw is bad that's for sure, the 1st week I quit pot was the hardest thing I've ever done. I had trouble eating anything and would stay up till 5 am becasue it sucked so bad. Some people say it's not addictive, but that's 100% bullshit. When you smoke 2 grams of hydroponic weed or half a ounce of regular a day, your gonna notice some fucking effects when you quit. The worst part is you have completely random days where it's just like your back at day one of quitting, and all your brain can think about is getting high. (And sometimes I end up hitting a blunt by the end of the day no matter how hard I try not too :/)

Pot effects are different for everyone and some people can use it without any side effects; but if you have an addictive personality you should probably stay far, far away.

And as for quitting tobacco/booze? Lolololol I'll probably never quit those.

Edited by redturtle806

@redturtle806

Incredible. This is the first time I've heard a "story" of someone withdrawing from drugs... Of course, I've read about it, but that's different from talking to an actual person.

1000 people? That's a dang small town.

I live (or well, lived, as I don't reside in America, as of now), right around Baltimore and Washington... and there's wa~ay more people than just a 1000.

I'm not too disciplined... moderation probably wouldn't work out for me... so, yeah, like you said, I should stay far, far away from drugs.

Still, you seem like a highly determined person, having quit. (I now have another reason to not like drugs.)

And as for quitting tobacco/booze? Lolololol I'll probably never quit those.

What about if you wanted to get married? Wouldn't you quit for the children's sake?

Smoking around child isn't good. (Secondary-smoking can have terrible affects.)

And alcohol consumption has affects on behavior, doesn't it? (<- I'm not entirely sure about that one.)

Well, if you're willing give up a few years (or more?) of your life, then I guess it doesn't really matter...

@Furetchen

Let's just say... I have my religious (and thus, moral) views.

(And no, it's not because I've tried any of the said things before... #_#)

There's a religion that bans smoking and drinking?

And thank you. I'll try my best. I highly consider education. (Maybe because I'm Asian? No, that's not true... I'm more American than I am Asian. It's just... me. My youngest brother, on the other, hand... he's a totally different story... Oh my goodness, you should see how he rages when he has to study the teeniest amounts... and he's already in middle school.)

... People study in middle school? Which is... like, early high school here. Fuck, that's weird.

Yes, that last statement is true, too... but wouldn't you say that education raises your chances?

(After all, those people who live like kings, but don't go to college are either: (1) children of super rich people, (2) some sort of genius, or (3) super lucky.

(1) happens... (2) is not so common... and (3)? I'd say that pretty much every decent celebrity falls under that category.

So you're implying you have to have wealth or wits to be happy without uni? Just takes a little industrious spirit, is all.

What about if you wanted to get married? Wouldn't you quit for the children's sake?

And alcohol consumption has affects on behavior, doesn't it? (<- I'm not entirely sure about that one.)

There's a difference between smoking around children and a quiet fag outside with some mates, or alone. Drinking socially, in moderation and with at least one sober person is basically risk-free.

And who says marriage = children? Or that children = marriage, for that matter.

Well, if you're willing give up a few years (or more?) of your life, then I guess it doesn't really matter...

If you drink socially, and aren't a total alcoholic, you should be totally fine. Even smoking in moderation won't do you that much harm, I shouldn't think (that, I'll grant you, I can't back with evidence.)

I never smoke indoors, and when I'm outside I always go away from strangers or ask people I know if they mind before lighting up. I would never smoke around kids. Also I've switched to natural cigs without chems or radiative fertilizer; and smoke pipe tobacco when I can as well. Those are much much eaiser on the body.

If the use is all day everyday of course. Withdrawing from that can actually kill you if you do it incorrectly.

But I don't drink that much because I don't enjoy alcohol as much as smoking pot or cigs, so I don't really worry about it. It's more of a de-stress at the end of the week/test period kind of thing for me.

Really couldn't give a damn lol.

By no means whatsoever are alcohol and tobacco safe, but at this point life wouldn't be worth living without them. (God that sounds so bad when I type it.)380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

Also I'd personally put US ecstasy and lsd much higher up on this list. US ecstasy tends to be cut with speed or coke since 9/11 (do your own research) and lsd because I've got friends who are literally retarded after heavy prolonged use. They can hold down a simple job at 7/11, watch TV, and not much else. Stay away from that shit.

Edited by redturtle806

There's a religion that bans smoking and drinking?

Not directly, but to strive to be "pure" is apparent in some religions, like Islam and Christianity. (I'm not a Muslim.)

... People study in middle school? Which is... like, early high school here. Fuck, that's weird.

Weird...? What do you mean by that? I'm not really clear on the "People study in middle school?" part.

So you're implying you have to have wealth or wits to be happy without uni? Just takes a little industrious spirit, is all.

No, no, no... You said "live like a king." I understood that as "filthy rich." With a little industrious spirit, you can go far, yes... but "a life of a king"? I'm not so sure about that part...

There's a difference between smoking around children and a quiet fag outside with some mates, or alone. Drinking socially, in moderation and with at least one sober person is basically risk-free.

In moderation - those are the key words, I guess... You're right. In moderation, it shouldn't be bad. But not everyone has the self-control to smoke in moderation. Drinking, fine. Smoking? Maybe. Usually. Depends.

And who says marriage = children? Or that children = marriage, for that matter.

That should be the case. Children out of wedlock is not really that... good.

And you're right, marriage =/= children. That's usually the case, though. (I, for one, want children... I don't believe in abortion.)

If you drink socially, and aren't a total alcoholic, you should be totally fine. Even smoking in moderation won't do you that much harm, I shouldn't think (that, I'll grant you, I can't back with evidence.)

To be on the safe side, I'll just avoid it completely... Sure, okay, I can do it, but I don't want to... I'm tend to obsess over things, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to drink without becoming an alcoholic.

@redturtle806

*crowd "oo"-ing*

Wow, it's great that you're so considerate.

I myself don't like the smell if cigarettes, so I tend to not like it when people just light one when and where they please.

And cigarettes have chemicals? o_O I always thought they were just made from tobacco... which release natural chemicals.

Nor did I know that withdrawal could kill you. (I'm learning a lot about alcohol and smoking from you, aren't I? XD)

The more I hear about them, the more I dislike them... *-*

(My stress-reliever just tends to be either playing the piano, listening to music... loudly, and playing video games.)

And yes, it does sound bad when you say life wouldn't be worth living without drinking and smoking. :)

But I think I get what you mean... You need it. Not necessarily because you're addicted, but because it's, well, good.

(I want Fire Emblem Awakening for the very same reason... or not. Hm, not sure...)

Oh, and I intend to stay away from everything on that list... especially the herion and cocaine. *-* (<- I never ever want to have anything to do with those...)

Not directly, but to strive to be "pure" is apparent in some religions, like Islam and Christianity. (I'm not a Muslim.)

Never known a Christian who cited their religion as the reason they don't drink.

Weird...? What do you mean by that? I'm not really clear on the "People study in middle school?" part.

Who the hell studies in middle school?

No, no, no... You said "live like a king." I understood that as "filthy rich." With a little industrious spirit, you can go far, yes... but "a life of a king"? I'm not so sure about that part...

So you think wealth is more important than happiness?

In moderation - those are the key words, I guess... You're right. In moderation, it shouldn't be bad. But not everyone has the self-control to smoke in moderation. Drinking, fine. Smoking? Maybe. Usually. Depends.

Eh.

That should be the case. Children out of wedlock is not really that... good.

... I was a child out of wedlock. My childhood was a good one and I was brought up well. You're talking to the wrong guy here.

And you're right, marriage =/= children. That's usually the case, though. (I, for one, want children... I don't believe in abortion.)

RIGHT NOT GETTING INTO THAT HERE

To be on the safe side, I'll just avoid it completely... Sure, okay, I can do it, but I don't want to... I'm tend to obsess over things, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to drink without becoming an alcoholic.

Obsession doesn't... oh, never mind.

Never known a Christian who cited their religion as the reason they don't drink.

Well, now you do! :)

Who the hell studies in middle school?

I did...

So you think wealth is more important than happiness?

No, not at all. I wasn't implying that... and if I was, then I didn't mean it.

Eh.

Me too. Eh.

... I was a child out of wedlock. My childhood was a good one and I was brought up well. You're talking to the wrong guy here.

I never said the child had problems... I didn't mean that at all. Nor did I mean that the parents were bad. Just because I child is born out of wedlock that doesn't mean his/her parents are bad. They can be plenty good. What I meant was, I don't believe that it's right. I'm not judging anyone here... I'm just... saying.

RIGHT NOT GETTING INTO THAT HERE

Okay, that's fine with me.

Obsession doesn't... oh, never mind.

I get what you mean... but I just want to be as safe as possible, okay? I don't see why you'd have anything against a bit of caution. :)

@Bluedoom

Ah, piano practice... Fortunately for me, I stopped my lessons a few years back... Wait, that's unfortunate for me. I want to learn more piano... T_T

I've been playing for about 11 years know... Recently I haven't been practicing much, though... (I can never get passed the middle of the Moonlight Sonata Third Movement. (Note how I emphasized the last two words. The first is fine. The second is fine... though I've never tried it. I've heard it, and it sounds easy. The third, however, is... hard. Very hard.)

Buy yeah, my teacher was always saying how practice was important. It is. I certainly don't disagree on that.

Well, probably that's because I myself teach piano now... to my two younger siblings. (That is not easy. It's so hard dealing with them. Since they're my siblings, they have no respect for whatsoever, which doesn't help at all.)

Studying is... meh, let's just say that studying is studying (and not complicate things... XD).

Wow, seems we have almost the same number of years with the keys (I've known the keys ever since I was 4, so about 13 years) and I agree, teaching siblings/relatives is hard. I had an uncle who wanted to learn piano and I tried teaching him but he never was serious about it and I was pissed that he was wasting my time. My sister DID show some effort but again I just felt I was talking to a wall. You need to have INTEREST to learn something now. >_>

Ahhh, Moonlight Sonata. Yeah I only have sheet music for the 1st movement, which IS pretty easy, so does the second. BUT DAMN THE THIRD MOVT is like, so complicated(sounds so anyway). I was stuck with a 'bad' piano teacher for a few years who always told me not to try these pieces9and other easier ones) because they were above my level. Good thing my new teacher is liberal when it comes to these stuff XD

Have you tried Prelude in C# minor? Man, its so spooky and awesome.

I feel interest is sometimes not enough. Even if someone is interested, they might not be able to learn it well.

I think the most important thing in learning something new is talent. Or at least to be even a little bit talented in a similar area.

Wow, seems we have almost the same number of years with the keys (I've known the keys ever since I was 4, so about 13 years) and I agree, teaching siblings/relatives is hard. I had an uncle who wanted to learn piano and I tried teaching him but he never was serious about it and I was pissed that he was wasting my time. My sister DID show some effort but again I just felt I was talking to a wall. You need to have INTEREST to learn something now. >_>

Ahhh, Moonlight Sonata. Yeah I only have sheet music for the 1st movement, which IS pretty easy, so does the second. BUT DAMN THE THIRD MOVT is like, so complicated(sounds so anyway). I was stuck with a 'bad' piano teacher for a few years who always told me not to try these pieces9and other easier ones) because they were above my level. Good thing my new teacher is liberal when it comes to these stuff XD

Have you tried Prelude in C# minor? Man, its so spooky and awesome.

At least you just had a "wall." *-* I teach two "walls" that talk back to me... whenever I say a word. (The younger one can't do a single lesson without a word or protest.)

Wow, interesting teacher... If you've been playing for 13 years, then you should be fully capable of playing the Third Movement...

No, I haven't tried it before... I just listened to it, though. And yes, it is spooky... albeit a bit too slow for my taste. I tend to like more fast-paced songs, such as the aforementioned song (Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement), Chopin's Impromptu #4, Beethoven's Rondo A Capriccio, and I-forgot-his-name's Flight of the Bumblebee. (*Note* I've started all <-those songs, but I've never finished any of them... x_X I don't have enough determination...)

I like how you "know the keys." XD I've always just used "play the piano," never "know the keys."

Very interesting... Hence, you're the "master of the keys," huh? :)

Edit: @MancerNecro

True, skill/talent is necessary... but sometimes, you acquire talent by practicing/trying. After all, you can't tell if you're good at something by just doing it once.

Also I'd personally put US ecstasy and lsd much higher up on this list. US ecstasy tends to be cut with speed or coke since 9/11 (do your own research) and lsd because I've got friends who are literally retarded after heavy prolonged use. They can hold down a simple job at 7/11, watch TV, and not much else. Stay away from that shit.

Amazed by this because ecstasy is incredibly cheap and speed/coke/lsd are expensive. At least over here in the Netherlands.If you cut the cheap stuff with the expensive stuff, how can it still be cheap?

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

@Freohr Datia

Hm, you must have gone to one interesting high school.

Usually, it's the other way around. The further in, the busier you get.

Yeah my high school was pretty easy. I feel like sophomore year was pretty bad because biology and I was promoted heehee to an honors english class (I did super badly at it so I switched back to normal english x3) and junior year was next worst because physics class. But senior year for me was super easy and seniors are actually quite used to it being easy in my school. Senior year I had Earth Space Science and I really enjoy geology, and I also took pre-calculus+trig which was really easy for me. English was easy as usual (english is probably my best subject).

I just regret not taking Chemistry though because at first I planned on going into astronomy and back then I thought it was only physics but it involves chemistry too... that's why I took earth space science at first but then I became interested in the geology aspect of it even more so I switched to that. Eventually when I took a chemistry class in college it was super difficult for me. I feel it would've been much easier in my high school.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Amazed by this because ecstasy is incredibly cheap and speed/coke/lsd are expensive. At least over here in the Netherlands.If you cut the cheap stuff with the expensive stuff, how can it still be cheap?

MEXICO!!!!

But seriously its the other way around here. Speed and heroin are cheaper than weed (per dose, not per gram). There like 5$ a bag, and pure ecstasy can be 10$ a pill.

Also the ingredents for meth can be bought at store, just like in Breaking Bad. We even have "meth watch" stickers on our grocery store windows.