Pokemon X and Y

Jaybee

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus Fennekin doesn't look like it could evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. :P

I don't know about that. Tepig didn't really seem like a Fighting type either.

I, for one, welcome our Fire/Fighting starter overlords since it makes them actually better.

Edited by Dio

But FE13 is like Pokemon. And I chose Olivia way before I got the game.

But how long it took you between first seeing Olivia and reaching that decision? Was it when more information about her came?

Whoop whoop. I think for once, I'm actually going to pick the water starter. Every gen (besides 2), I've picked the grass starter. Chespin just reminds me of a mix of Slowking's crown and non-buggy eyed Patrat. That, and it's little stinger-like tail bugs (heh heh) me, because it's making me think it'll be grass/bug. Fennekin looks pretty cool though, and I'm thinking it'll either be plain fire, or a fire/psychic. Froakie is pretty awesome looking, and I'm thinking it'll be either like plain water or water/fighting. The legendaries look pretty nice. X looks like a combo of Sawsbuck and Virizion to me, with it at least being part grass, with maybe something like grass or ground. I'm not quite sure on what Y reminds of, but it seems pretty darn familiar. It seems like a fire/flying type, or at the very least flying/something.

>Worldwide Release

GET HYPED.

Not really too sure what Chespin is, but Fennekin and Froakie are adorable. Plus Fennekin doesn't look like it could evolve into a Fire/Fighting type. :P

Chespin is a Chestnut/Hedgehog mix according to its name in every languages except English.

I'm hesitating toward the Fire and Water starter. Fennekin looks awesome, and I don't think its evolutions will disappoint, but Froakie really puzzles me. It sends me contradicting signals.

It has this hesitating look that makes me want to hug it, but it seems a little reproachful as well,with its old man look.. It seems an intellectual, but was seen use a physical move. It's the only one I don't really know how it could turned.

But it'll depend of their evolutions, and mainly at the other Fire, Grass, and Water Pokemons available in games.

(For example, even if Snivy was my favourite Starter, I didn't used it immediately because I wanted to use Sawsbuck)

Am I the only one who completely disregard the legendaries while chosing the game it will chose.

(I chosed White because of Reuniclus, and then Black 2 because of Magby and Heracross).

I'm just gagging at this. I may be the only one here that is absolutely hating this so far. I guess this is just the way to go with the 3DS and all, but...

About the only good thing from this might be the legendary pokemon, especially that deer. Even the starters seem too overdone.

Edited by Melonhead

Chespin is a Chestnut/Hedgehog mix according to its name in every languages except English.

Ummmm

Chestnut, Chespin?

And it's Chespin in two other languages too. How are they different?

But meanwhile with "pin" I guess that could be multiple animals, but it doesn't mean that isn't referring to it being a hedgehog either x3

I'm just gagging at this. I may be the only one here that is absolutely hating this so far. I guess this is just the way to go with the 3DS and all, but...

About the only good thing from this might be the legendary pokemon, especially that deer. Even the starters seem too overdone.

Feeling couldn't be more opposite - I think these are the worst looking legendaries ever, even though I am fond of the starters. Quite excited for this game.

Edited by CinderSkye

Aww I think the legendaries look real pretty and I think it's cute how they represent letters x3 And for the starters... I dunno about the grass starter but the other two look kinda unoriginal/overused... Mostly that there's another firefox

But that doesn't change how much I love the fox <3

So beautiful. So excited.

In retrospect, it makes perfect sense. Pokemon's long overdue for a 3DS entry, and this will also help really bring the 3DS into the prominence it somehow has been lacking. There was no reason to delay: Gen 3 remakes belong on the 3DS, but they have to follow these rather than preceding them. If it seems soon, remember that it's still nine months away, and we're looking at an early worldwide release due to them finally wising up and keeping all regions up to speed.

I really want more dragon and/or fire Pokemon this gen. I didn't like the dragon's in the last 2 gens, Haxorus looked like an insect, Deino looked dumb and its final evolution looked like the first boss in Twilight Princess with wings. And I don't know why they gave a hammerhead legs and called it a dragon in 4th gen. Maybe an asian style dragon or something would be nice. And give us a new evolution for some guys who were left out, Kangashan, Absol, Stantler, and give us Mewthree.

Edited by Knight

I'm liking what's been revealed so far. Among the starters I like Chespin the best currently. Regarding final evolutions, I'm guessing Fennekin's will be a long slender majestic looking fox, Froakie's will be a bulky, bearded sage-looking frog, and Chespin's be a giant grass/wood bladed weasel (as in he has arm blades made of grass and wood).

Although this isn't confirmed, I heard rumours that there's going to be a new type for this generation (a couple of sources here and there said this) and that Eevee will be getting another evolution (people speculate this based on the new movie's short revolving around Eevee evolutions and Gen 6 cameos being confirmed in Genesect's movie).

Guys, I hope there's gonna be new type combos... it's about type we get silly combos like water/fire, dragon/poison, grass/electric or ghost/fight (I don't think we have one like those yet)...if there's new Eeveelutions I'm totally all for Dragon, Fighting, Flying and/or Poison! I'm also curious at what's going to be the new Contests/Musicals/Movies thing, if we're getting a new type of Battle Frontier, the new moves, and who knows what else they're concocting? Heck, if anything, maybe it's gonna have connection to Black/White and maybe N will make an appearance! ...What else am I interested in... Oh! I hope that we'll finally have a Dark-type Gym! And, hmm... I think it's about time other types gets to shine as Elite Four... Electric and Normal are two that I have in mind... I'm also excited for the Team and their motives, lately we're having more interesting people in Teams!

Guys, I hope there's gonna be new type combos... it's about type we get silly combos like water/fire, dragon/poison, grass/electric or ghost/fight (I don't think we have one like those yet)...if there's new Eeveelutions I'm totally all for Dragon, Fighting, Flying and/or Poison! I'm also curious at what's going to be the new Contests/Musicals/Movies thing, if we're getting a new type of Battle Frontier, the new moves, and who knows what else they're concocting? Heck, if anything, maybe it's gonna have connection to Black/White and maybe N will make an appearance! ...What else am I interested in... Oh! I hope that we'll finally have a Dark-type Gym! And, hmm... I think it's about time other types gets to shine as Elite Four... Electric and Normal are two that I have in mind... I'm also excited for the Team and their motives, lately we're having more interesting people in Teams!

with the 3DS's processing power, I've got the feeling we are in for the biggest pokemon game yet.

Super excited! It was worth being up when it was being announced.

Random thoughts:

-Since there's a genetics/chromosome thing going on, even if it's just wishful thinking on my part, it would be FANTASTIC if breeding for IVs was altered or somehow made easier and more convenient.

-Since the followup to Black/White was a literal sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if that was emulated here as well instead of doing just a single third 'Z' game.

-Upon first seeing the starters, I wasn't too impressed, but that's usually always the case with me. This batch has grown on me faster than any other set of starters, though. Loving the style of the Fire type, and if the Grass type does become part Dark, I'm definitely using it.

-PLEASE let there be a Dark type gym.

-I REALLY want to know the typing of the legendaries. They seem kind of cool looking, though.