Pokemon #666 and #777

Esme

Assuming we're getting at least 150 or so Pokemon in Gen VI, two of them are going to take the spot of two numbers, one infamous and widely recognized as an evil number, the other a sign of good fortune. I've heard rumors that #666 will be a Bug-type. I'm hoping it's overwhelmingly cute, just to throw people off. As for #777, GF better base it off a luck god or a four-leaf clover or something. They just HAVE to!

So, SF, what Pokemon do you think will take these numbered spots in the Pokedex?

Edited by Esme

Getting 150 in one gen has only happened twice before - one was Kanto, and the other didn't reuse any old pokemon in the new region. Since we've seen a bunch of old pokemon from the start, I wouldn't expect to get 150 again this time.

Considering GF did nothing special for other significant numbers, even ones significant in East Asian legends, I doubt they'll do anything special for those numbers.

Pokemon #666 is totally gonna be this.

tumblr_mfzgbhR5jA1qzcyk7o1_500.png

In all seriousness, it's probably going to be some adorable thing like a cat. We've already got our grim, death and despair Pokemon, Giratina.

Edited by Loocy

In all seriousness, it's probably going to be some adorable thing like a cat. We've already got our grim, death and despair Pokemon, Giratina.

Welp I have my nightmare fuel for today

Assuming we're getting at least 150 or so Pokemon in Gen VI, two of them are going to take the spot of two numbers, one infamous and widely recognized as an evil number, the other a sign of good fortune. I've heard rumors that #666 will be a Bug-type. I'm hoping it's overwhelmingly cute, just to throw people off. As for #777, GF better base it off a luck god or a four-leaf clover or something. They just HAVE to!

So, SF, what Pokemon do you think will take these numbered spots in the Pokedex?

didn't they say like only 20 new additions? so probably only 666 will pop up but I doubt they'll even get to 700

didn't they say like only 20 new additions? so probably only 666 will pop up but I doubt they'll even get to 700

20? So, that would basically be the starters/starter evolutions, maybe some new Eevee evolutions and the Legendary Pokemon? Seems kind of odd.

Othin should be a Pokemon.

I agree. And they need to make a move called Pugi. It's the only logical option.

I... don't know what to say about this. I really don't.

I also think that they should make #666 a pre-evo to Audino. And make it ridiculously adorable, just to mess with people.

I... don't recall GF saying this.

Getting 150 in one gen has only happened twice before - one was Kanto, and the other didn't reuse any old pokemon in the new region. Since we've seen a bunch of old pokemon from the start, I wouldn't expect to get 150 again this time.

Considering GF did nothing special for other significant numbers, even ones significant in East Asian legends, I doubt they'll do anything special for those numbers.

Don't you mean 151 for Kanto. Sure, Mew was shoved in at the last minute. But still.

You delivered my lolz for the day.

gen 5 introduced the most pokemon in a generation to date (649-493 = 156)

fun facts 2013

edit: I'm a derp

anyway i think there'll be around 150ish anyway

Edited by Manix

Well, I don't think 6 is a demonic number in Japan, nor is 7 lucky. They might have kept western culture in mind though.

Also I agree that they should cut down on new pokemon, and just recycle pokemon that did not get enough spotlight, like BW2. Maybe they'll do that in X/Y2.

I...what the hell am I looking at?

I see bits of ho-oh, the legendary cats, Arceus and stuff...but the Bidoof head? WTF?

ah, so this is what insanity feels like.

A[WE9UGJM4]2U 3

I...what the hell am I looking at?

I see bits of ho-oh, the legendary cats, Arceus and stuff...but the Bidoof head? WTF?

ah, so this is what insanity feels like.

A[WE9UGJM4]2U 3

This is the mighty Bidewtwocunotreskouteicunedos-ohgiabirockicesteelogrequazadonchioxysasoself

spritxiegiakiatrantinagigigigiggigigigigminraiceusphycoberizioromramremdeoettasect-Two!

tm.Loocina

I on the other hand would call this the pokemon equal to Cthulhu

Edited by Jedi Of Connacht

Don't you mean 151 for Kanto. Sure, Mew was shoved in at the last minute. But still.

I meant 150+ - Kanto was 151, Unova was 156. The next biggest jump was Ruby/Sapphire, with 135 - the fewer previous gen pokemon that show up in a region, the more they add. Since they didn't showcase any new pokemon in that video except the starters and two legends...

• 3 months later...

Game Freak hasn't acknowledged superstitious numbers before, even Japanese ones, so I don't think they will this time around. More likely the players will joke about the Pokemon with those numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Game Freak hasn't acknowledged superstitious numbers before, even Japanese ones, so I don't think they will this time around. More likely the players will joke about the Pokemon with those numbers.

There might be a close case with Spiritomb and 108 though, but it's not anything like 666 or 777.

Besides, part of the symbolism involved Spiritomb's number in its own Pokédex, rather than the global one. 666 and 777 would therefore be numbers 17 and 118 (maybe) of the next Pokédex.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

There might be a close case with Spiritomb and 108 though, but it's not anything like 666 or 777.

Well, Spiritomb indeed is the #108 in the Sinnoh Regional Dex. Not in the National one for obvious reasons, but other than that...