Void Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned it because you claimed Doc to Helios, and he was going to keep you around since he felt he could control you

Eh heh heh, putting me on blast here. X) Yes, I was naive. Helios was the only person I trusted implicitly -- and foolishly. I disclosed to Scorri under extenuating circumstances. She claimed to have an item that allowed someone to double their night action. Initially, I thought it was a trick to suss out my PR. It seemed like word had gotten around I wasn't claiming. Eventually, I just made a judgment call that doc having two protects was worth the risk.

I realize that isn't relevant to my blunder with Helios; just want to log that I tried to honor the magnitude of the role.

I'm kind of pissed at that.

Cam especially. LIKE REALLY ANNOYED AT YOU.

I told lucy lynch helios or cam before I died. I told her sho and rapier were both like probably 90% clear.

Instead you guys lynched both sho and rapier for stupid reasons. That was really stupid. Cam never told anyone important about his vest or gave it to anyone which is stupid. Because if he had told me that I would have told lucy to just straight up lynch helios no matter what before I died.

haenkjnherklgnaergmearlgnarekjngkaejrgnaerkjngjeakrgner.

I'm annoyed at those last few days played.

Uh, when you asked for either Helios or SB I had said Helios dude but you just had t get Core lynched didn't you?

Sorry guys I would've actually voted Helios but I felt like how Mancer felt in .hack and was like "Fuck it, no one's trying to listen to me or scumhunt, DAYUM!"

That's pretty much what thief-type roles do. The trader bit was mostly to stop you from hording items

Oh.

Oh well, sad that all three times I actually used my role, I got no items back.

Any information that I traded over before cult was eliminated was stuff that was already pretty much public. Afaik, the only bit that may my have been publicized was Paulina being the doc, and Helios being the item horder (which was a result of me panicking when Marth asked me what Helios has told me).

For what it's worth, I found the Mason Princess/Guard roles to be a great conceptual idea, and think it was a pretty powerful combo that deserves to e used more.

I hope I made you proud Kaoz since you seemed to have faith in me winning when it was 11-1 or whatever

Trusting Elie immediately was half the fact that I couldn't post in the QT anonymously at first and had to restart my computer in order to do it, and the other half being confident he'd be on my side if I kept shooting down cult for him. It seemed to work out as a result since he told me just about everything he learned regarding other people's roles and what their actions were going to be for the night, so I planned accordingly. I was pretty lucky in a lot of aspects in this game, but what really helped was early on that any role that could have really screwed with me was either killed, culted, or lynched off within the first three phases or so. After that killing everyone who was either on to me or was talking a lot to keep the town in disarray was pretty much all I was able to do since I figured being too controlling would get me lynched immediately if someone flipped town (which they would).

So yeah it was fun and I thought my role was pretty cool. Thanks for having me.

Magus didn't need to sell out the Werewolf ever because town lynching harmless Neutrals is dumb, especially when there's a much more harmful third party on the loose (Cult). That was really the only part I genuinely felt frustrated about afterwards, because it made it impossible for us to kill off Elie until getting lynch control. And since Helios was Death Godfather, we would always be scared to out ourselves even after we had parity with the town, in fear that the mafia would kill the CL. Meaning even after we did have lynch control we'd be scared to exercise it to kill Elie.

Edited by BBM

Yeah that was something that bothered me as well because we just couldn't deal with the Magus at all and it was frustrating. The same applied for Helios, and I also don't understand why you would want to kill a cult that couldn't hurt you at all until it was advantageous and you could get a bunch of kills

Also one thing I remembered saying soon after dying was that I would have preferred starting with someone being Memory rather than recruiting, as BBM being vigilante made him essentially the worst possible cult target

Helios was not Death Godfather.

Also if you actually read Rein's PM or Elieson's, you would know that you COULD deal with Elie, albeit slowly. It's possible I should've been explicit about it in your PM, though.

I'm not sure any of us knew the item thing, but if you look at just roles, we basically had to unload ourselves on Elie for at least 2 night phases, and we ourselves were just told that he would be "disadvantaged", which doesn't really justify us deciding to do that. To be fair, the need to eliminate Elie was exacerbated because of the role he took, but even the items he made were a large threat.

I'm actually more curious as to how Eli managed to figure out and accurately got two shots on the two CLs on the first 2 Nights. That's definitely not something that was planned.

He didn't. I shot who I wanted to shoot based off the information Elie gave me. I told you all why I wanted to shoot Rein N1, and I shot BBM because a) vig was the most threatening role to me and I was well aware from the beginning of the game he was the vig and b) I thought he might be cult (but thought scorri had a higher chance of being cult) because he was really active in the game and a veteran player who could take care of things if the CL died. So things just worked out really nicely for me in that aspect (though if I knew BBM was the backup CL I would have let him live a little longer probably to take more people down with him, but ehh it worked out thankfully). The only person who actually surprised me as being cult was Paulina, but I see the logic behind it now.

actually if I remember correctly elie originally wanted me to shoot Shinori n1 and then I talked him into shooting rein instead. can't remember who he wanted to shoot n2 but I know he didn't plan on shooting bbm and it was my idea to shoot him since I was paranoid he would shoot me as the vig, and that i had a theory that bbm could possibly be cult as well. so yeah, all the kills were my idea, but I got really lucky that they flipped the way they did since I never had super solid evidence on any of my theories..