Nintendo uploads an army-building trailer

veetasoy

Grego's name is Gregor.

Nono's name is Nowi.

Sarya's name is Tharja.

Olivia's name remains the same.

Richt's name is Ricken.

Edit: My god, I never knew that Gregor talked like a caveman.

Edited by Keilis

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I'm kind of busy to watch it, but I HAD to check one thing. Olivia's still Olivia okay, it was Olivie, but whatever, wahey!

EDIT

Oh, actually one more.

Sariya/Sallya is Tharja? Ahaha...

I can't remember if Nono was in the Japanese vid.

EDIT2

Yep. Nowi.

Edited by VincentASM

Grego's name is Gregor.

Nono's name is Nowi.

Sarya's name is Tharja.

Olivia's name remains the same.

Richt's name is Ricken.

Edit: My god, I never knew that Gregor talked like a caveman.

Well then, that just changes what i'll name myself -_-, anyway I hope that these names really have meanings and NoA aren't just giving names that sound similar. Nowi sounds like Snowy to me.

The Halidom of Ylisse? Dude, I don't know about you guys, but I think that's cooler sounding that Holy Kingdom (or it's me and my fascination with unique, not often used words).

Also, did Nono's name changed to Nowi? That is so freaking cute!

Grego is Gregor... which is just an R slapped unto his Japanese name, lol

Olivia is still Olivia- Rejoice, Rey!

Sariya is now Tharja... I dunno about you, but I think the j might be like a Sonja with a j? As in, pronounced as a y? We'll have to see.

Richt is now Ricken... interesting name.

Sariya is now Tharja... I dunno about you, but I think the j might be like a Sonja with a j? As in, pronounced as a y? We'll have to see.

If it is, it's pronounced Thar-i-ya (read: a competent transliteration yay). I can't imagine they'd go for a soft j instead of a y sound, given as that's really atypical in names in English.

The Halidom of Ylisse? Dude, I don't know about you guys, but I think that's cooler sounding that Holy Kingdom (or it's me and my fascination with unique, not often used words).

Also, did Nono's name changed to Nowi? That is so freaking cute!

Grego is Gregor... which is just an R slapped unto his Japanese name, lol

Olivia is still Olivia- Rejoice, Rey!

Richt is now Ricken... interesting name.

Yeah, I really like Halidom. :) Localizers always think of juicy words to condense other languages. It's great.

Tharja is Sariya with the S as Th. An odd way to go, but it's not that big of a change.

Nowi actually sounds cute.

The "No means no" joke is now gone. Dang.

Nowi would I touch her. I'm still going with my "No Nono for Momo campaign" regardless.

Edited by Momo

Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Love all of them, except maybe Ricken but that's not horrible.

Edited by Tharne

I liked that as well. And I'm also betting on Tharja being pronounced Thar-ya. Say it quickly and it sounds like Sariya anyways.

Gregoisnowacaveman1.png

Gregoisnowacaveman2.png

Okay, Grego/Gregor said some very insightful things in the game. Especially in the Japanese FE Background Website. He DOES NOT speak like a caveman.

I am legitimately disappointed at this character change. What the hell IS/Nintendo?

Okay, Grego/Gregor said some very insightful things in the game. Especially in the Japanese FE Background Website. He DOES NOT speak like a caveman.

I am legitimately disappointed at this character change. What the hell IS/Nintendo?

I never interpreted that as caveman. I interpreted that as Russian.

You know, "Gregor Blockovich is strong! Strong like bull! Do not fuck with the Gregor Blockovich!" etc.

EDIT: I mean seriously. Just read his lines in a bad Russian accent. It's perfect and there's nothing precluding him from being insightful with speech patterns like a foreigner.

Edited by Integrity