Nintendo uploads an army-building trailer

veetasoy

Just wondering, what do you guys think of the voiceacting? Rickens voice is, interesting. Not what I expected, he sounds sorta like sasuke (I think it's the same VA.)

Tharja's is great, in my opinion.

Over all, I really like how, in english dubs, characters sound their age. Because, in 66% japanese VA, if a female character is over the age of ten by a year or more, they sound precisely 10 years younger than they actually are.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, what do you guys think of the voiceacting? Rickens voice is, interesting. Not what I expected, he sounds sorta like sasuke (I think it's the same VA.)

General consensus believes it to be Yuri Lowenthal, who did Sasuke in the dub version of Naruto. (and about a billion others roles in other shows. Spinzaku, anyway?)

Oh. And for all the people upset about Gregory speaking like he does...

Just imagine he has this accent:

It makes everything better.

Laughing so much because of this. AMAZING quotes in there.... xD

General consensus believes it to be Yuri Lowenthal, who did Sasuke in the dub version of Naruto. (and about a billion others roles in other shows. Spinzaku, anyway?)

Yuri Lowenthal has done quite a few video game roles too, Cecil Harvey in the remakes of FF4, Cecil again in dissidia, Sun Ce in the Dynasty Warriors series, Luke and Asch in Tales of the Abyss, The Prince of Persia, the Male MC in Persona 3.. just to name a few.

Not quite sure if its him yet though

Yuri Lowenthal has done quite a few video game roles too, Cecil Harvey in the remakes of FF4, Cecil again in dissidia, Sun Ce in the Dynasty Warriors series, Luke and Asch in Tales of the Abyss, The Prince of Persia, the Male MC in Persona 3.. just to name a few.

Not quite sure if its him yet though

...You mean it could be YOSUKE HANAMURA?! My birthday bro?!

Oh. And for all the people upset about Gregory speaking like he does...

Just imagine he has this accent:

It makes everything better.

And here I'd thought I'd be able to get all of my World at War Zombies mixed with Fire Emblem ideas out of my head...Now they're back in greater number. Does this mean I have to imagine Gregor not being able to function without Vodka?

Nowi = NO WAI Say her name with a thick Canadian accent.

Richt is Ricken!? All the chances of making Castlevania jokes are forever gone. Damn you NOA!

Oh my god. Gregor. What did they do to you!?

Today's really not my day.

He was gonna be my man-waifu. Oh my god.

The term is "husbando." And he's pretty awesome old man, but I feel his dialogue is a bit questionable.

Oh, I see. I'll use that from now on. XD

-Sigh- I just don't get it though.

Why?

Why what? Why the term 'husbando'? Corruption of the english word 'husband'.

Why did they make him talk like a caveman? Because he's blatantly russian and was probably downing a pint of vodka with one hand, while pinning a bear down with the other, off-screen. Obviously, Chrom, MU and company simply couldn't understand why there was a drunk russian pinning a bear in the middle of the desert, so censored it from their own minds for their own mental safety.

I didn't really like Grego much before. Now I intend to pair him with Panne or Mariabel.

Edited by Onestep

Oh, I see. I'll use that from now on. XD

-Sigh- I just don't get it though.

Why?

Because he is foreign and can't speak Ylisseian for crap?

-shrug-

Why what? Why the term 'husbando'? Corruption of the english word 'husband'.

Why did they make him talk like a caveman? Because he's blatantly russian and was probably downing a pint of vodka with one hand, while pinning a bear down with the other, off-screen. Obviously, Chrom, MU and company simply couldn't understand why there was a drunk russian pinning a bear in the middle of the desert, so censored it from their own minds for their own mental safety.

I didn't really like Grego much before. Now I intend to pair him with Velvet.

I'm going to be pissed if it turns our they weren't going for russian, now :E

Edited by L95

I'm going to be pissed if it turns our they weren't going for russian, now :E

it's objectively provable by the fact that he actually conjugates his verbs

his grammar is just funny

EDIT: case in point: a legit caveman would never properly utilize the future tense. it would be beyond him./

Edited by Integrity

Thank you for that mental image; now I can't stop grinning like a madman.

I would love to see a picture of the above scene.

There's speculation that Say'ri's voice may be Ali Hillis (Palutena in Kid Icarus: Uprising).

...If that's true I'm going to have lots of jokes among my KI:U friends about Pit wanting to pair up his Avatar with someone that sounds like his Goddess.

(Because Pit is a canon game geek.)

...If that's true I'm going to have lots of jokes among my KI:U friends about Pit wanting to pair up his Avatar with someone that sounds like his Goddess.

(Because Pit is a canon game geek.)

Thank you for my new head canon.

Kid icarus is boss.

Sorry if it meant anything offensive or the like, on another hand I was listening to Chroms voice over and over and I keep catching hints of JYB:/. I really hope that it isn't him(I don't hate him it's just I don't want the green turbo ranger/Izaya as the prince of a kingdom.)

the guy voicing for chrom sounds more like the voice actor for the male human from gw 2 and desmond miles