A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

The thing about Ike/Soren is ... not everyone sees it and it's really not that obvious. >_> I mean, I have nothing against yaoi or yuri. But Ike and Soren's relationship doesn't feel romantic to me. Who can't two guys just be really great friends without having to be gay for each other? Which is really the only thing that bugs me about Ike/Soren (aside from poorly written crap fanfiction). Some people say that it's this really obvious thing and you have to be blind to not notice the "love" that the two have for each other (whether that's anyone on SF or not, I don't care). But people have a different interpretation on how they see relationships between people. And I just don't feel that Ike/Soren screams romance. At the most, I feel that it's one-sided on Soren's end and that Ike doesn't see Soren "that way" either. I'm more convinced that Ike is asexual or just doesn't give a damn about romance.

tl;dr

Unless IS says otherwise, nothing is canon. We can all have our different theories and disagree with one another, but there is really no point in shooting down each other's theories like "oh I know I'm right for sure and you're not". >_>

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Ike/Soren is ... not everyone sees it and it's really not that obvious. >_> I mean, I have nothing against yaoi or yuri. But Ike and Soren's relationship doesn't feel romantic to me. Who can't two guys just be really great friends without having to be gay for each other? Which is really the only thing that bugs me about Ike/Soren (aside from poorly written crap fanfiction). Some people say that it's this really obvious thing and you have to be blind to not notice the "love" that the two have for each other (whether that's anyone on SF or not, I don't care). But people have a different interpretation on how they see relationships between people. And I just don't feel that Ike/Soren screams romance. At the most, I feel that it's one-sided on Soren's end and that Ike doesn't see Soren "that way" either. I'm more convinced that Ike is asexual or just doesn't give a damn about romance.

tl;dr

Unless IS says otherwise, nothing is canon. We can all have our different theories and disagree with one another, but there is really no point in shooting down each other's theories like "oh I know I'm right for sure and you're not". >_>

You know, I completely agree with you. This is what bugs me about IkexSoren too, aside from the fact that I'm just plain not into yaoi and yuri. I don't think Ike is necessarily asexual, but you are right that everyone has different theories and opinions and different ways of interpreting things. Well said.

Take a nice look at Pelleas. And he's not related to Ashnard.

Same hair color. That's it. The two look nothing alike aside from that. Try again.
Soren doesn't look like Ashnard either. >_>
Yeah he does. He looks like a member of the dark dragon tribe too.
What's so hard about finding some blue haired kid eventually that would make a guy that look somewhat like Ike, anyway (Paris doesn't even look much like Ike if you ask me! Just because he decides to give himself a bandanna, he's suddenly Ike's descendant? lol)? It's GENERATIONS, not just father => son.

BUT.. let's say Paris is somehow Ike's descendant but through some adoption. lol Could have been a girl that they found who married a guy that looks somewhat like her dad or something. Maybe she didn't even have blue hair and married into some blue haired family. Sure are plenty of them around!

Example (mind you, I am rping by myself because I'm awesome at that):

Umm it's not just the bandanna. Just look at him. Edited by Lord Raven

tl;dr

Boron wins yet another thread.

Really, my favorite Tellius pairing is Ike/Marcia, but it was never going to happen. Doesn't stop me from liking it. Speculate all you want, but IS has the supreme decision about Parion's family history.

Uh, no offense to YOU, but I haven't been talking about IkexElincia for a few pages now. :/

Also, about Soren, if he's really female, I think we would've found that out by now. Also, being a little curvy doesn't mean anything. Look at Lucius. Heck, Geoffrey is a bit curvy too, if you ask me. And we all know these guys are, well, guys.

I did jump the gun a bit there. I apologize.

Haha, my post was more a sort of "how would this be possible" suggestion, anyway, rather than a real serious theory.

Glad to see you've got a counterargument, though.

Certainly, I was actually expecting much ruder counterarguments, so thank you for being fairly polite about it.

I did jump the gun a bit there. I apologize.

Haha, my post was more a sort of "how would this be possible" suggestion, anyway, rather than a real serious theory.

Glad to see you've got a counterargument, though.

Certainly, I was actually expecting much ruder counterarguments, so thank you for being fairly polite about it.

Ah, I see. Sorry if I seemed a bit hostile. I just don't like when people get on my case about IkexElincia when I'm not even talking about it. I also have gotten rather tired of bringing it up anyway.

Same hair color. That's it. The two look nothing alike aside from that. Try again.

Yeah he does. He looks like a member of the dark dragon tribe too.

Umm it's not just the bandanna. Just look at him.

Soren looks like Ashnard???

You've got to be kidding me... (Pelleas doesn't look like him either, but he at least has the same hair colour unlike Soren's NOT THE SAME ANYTHING with his dumb dad--besides striving for excellence??! lol)

Soren looks more like Almedha, definitely, but nothing like Ashnard. That's 100x more deluded than Paris looking like Ike!

Paris looks like any older other anime guy. Except they added stubble for extra manliness. And being a distant descendant (great grandson or further), if he is, means that he shouldn't match up that much anyway, unless inbreeding. lol

Lol.. anyway.. PARION.

It will take a bit to get used to it, but it makes sense.

They don't want him to be really named after the capital city of France. And Parion sounds like a mix of his former name and "parry' (dodging/deflecting with a weapon) and paragon (model of excellence), which kind of matches what he tries to be, I think.

Edited by Prax

Doesn't explain how Parion looks just like Ike

The simple answer is that he doesn't look like Ike at all.

His face reminds me of Volke for some reason.

I personally think that if the DLC implies Parion to be Ike's direct descendant then it was probably Ikexplot-unimportant-girl and I wouldn't bother about it until IS gave more backstory to the whole thing.

Lucky girl.

His face reminds me of Volke for some reason.

...You're joking, right? Parion looks almost like he could be Ike's own child, if you ask me. Unruly blue hair, blue eyes, rugged look, similar outfit too (like the green headband and red cape), and more. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just as muscular as our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander either.

...You're joking, right? Parion looks almost like he could be Ike's own child, if you ask me. Unruly blue hair, blue eyes, rugged look, similar outfit too (like the green headband and red cape), and more. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just as muscular as our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander either.

250px-Paris_FE13_Artwork.png300px-Ike_DLC_Kakusei_Artwork.png

...I know Parion didn't inherit that moose knuckle from Ike

I'm not seeing it! Style of dress doesn't really say much since there isn't a gene for clothing. Well, given the really worn out condition of the cape and the headbandana thingy, I guess it could be argued that those items are the very same ones that Ike wore, but idk. I'll give ya the spikey blue hair. Other than that they don't really look alike. I can't really see Paris's eye color, but from here it looks brown to me. That doesn't matter anyways; resembling someone isn't proof of of sharing the same lineage, just as not resembling them doesn't mean they can't be descended from them. For me, Paris saying he's related to Ike is proof enough.

It looks like his name changed again. Paris--->Parion----> Priam?

I am so confused. xD

Edited by DaimThunder

Check his in-game portrait, he's got blue eyes. I'm pretty sure.

And is it just me, or do people have insanely small feet in FE: Awakening's world? >.>

As for the name, I don't think it changed, people are just getting the wrong name. Priam is even worse than Parion though. Not to mention it doesn't even sound that masculine.

Also, I prefer to compare Parion to RD Ike. Ike's Awakening artwork really doesn't do him as much justice, even though I like the armor and the face.

Edited by Anacybele

Ehhhh

Even with RD Ike... Their facial structures don't really look alike. Maybe I'm not seeing them from a good enough angle to judge.

After playing the demo I assumed that they didn't have feet, just little... stumpy things.

Oh, I see. Well I'll probably keep on referring to him as Paris out of habit no matter what his name turns out to be because it's what I'm most familiar with.

Edited by DaimThunder

You're crazy if you think he's not supposed to look just like Ike. Despite being thousands of years later, you can still clearly tell they're related. (This is what I was talking about with more contrived things than a damned sword being somewhere else. It's not even the most contrived thing about Paris [Parion?[)

I find it kind of silly that people are saying that "Parion looks nothing like Ike, therefore they aren't related," and I find it equally silly that people are saying, "Parion looks just like Ike, what are you saying?" Awakening takes place like 2000 years after Marth's games right? How long ago did RD take place relative to Awakening? Thousands of years or so? Do you guys think that you would look similar enough to some thousand-year back ancestor of yours, even if that person was a direct ancestor?

Yes, half of the fun in these things is coming up with theories, but don't you guys think that maybe some of this is getting a little ridiculous? I'm pretty sure IS didn't say that Parion was the descendant of the Hero of the Blue Flames just so people could think that he was Mist and Boyd's kid or not even related to Ike at all. Sometimes, the simplest theory makes the most sense because it's less complicated, doesn't it? The thing is, until the day IS says that "Parion is _____", nothing is official. Just because we, the fans, prefer one thing or can see one thing over another doesn't make it canon.

Soren looks like Ashnard???

You've got to be kidding me... (Pelleas doesn't look like him either, but he at least has the same hair colour unlike Soren's NOT THE SAME ANYTHING with his dumb dad--besides striving for excellence??! lol)

Soren looks more like Almedha, definitely, but nothing like Ashnard. That's 100x more deluded than Paris looking like Ike!

Soren's hair is darker than the dragon tribe's though, and Ashnard's is a different shade entirely. It's relevant somehow to the hair color, in my head i'm thinking that a darker shade of green is closer to the bluish-purple shade they have, but i'm no biologist. I saw in my head that they had the same face, but I guess I was way off - still though, it shows through the ruthless personality and such. Not like it was much of an ass pull because they left the whole Rajaion thing fairly open-ended in Radiance.

It's because the more you look at something looking for similarities sometimes, the less you'll see. It makes sense because when I first saw Priam - it looked somewhat like the spitting image of Ike (kind of like Klein and Pent) - or at the very least I could easily see how that could be Ike's descendent. I can't see that again because I'm too used to the face and it's too distinct in my eyes now than it used to be.

But I see it because look

FERD_ike.png

Paris_FE13_Artwork.png

Look at the face. It's MUCH harder to compare with different art styles, but you can see it. Ike looks younger though.

I find it kind of silly that people are saying that "Parion looks nothing like Ike, therefore they aren't related," and I find it equally silly that people are saying, "Parion looks just like Ike, what are you saying?" Awakening takes place like 2000 years after Marth's games right? How long ago did RD take place relative to Awakening? Thousands of years or so? Do you guys think that you would look similar enough to some thousand-year back ancestor of yours, even if that person was a direct ancestor?

It's a contrived occurance for the sake of referencing an old character, dude. They didn't really think it through that much.

Also his ingame portrait makes him look way closer to Ike.

OD6AbuD.jpg

He doesn't look exactly like him, but uh there's clearly supposed to be a simularity going on.

It's a contrived occurance for the sake of referencing an old character, dude.

But that IS my point. That it's kind of ridiculous to say that Parion can't be related to Ike because "they look nothing alike", but at the same time Parion doesn't "look just like Ike" either, and that this is a game and Parion is likely just a throwback to Ike and why are we all bugging out over this?